Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gnarls Barkley
Forums > Community Center > Music
xquizit
Does anyone else love this duo? Their album, St. Elsewhere, just came out a few days ago.

For anyone who doesn't know who I'm talking about...

http://www.myspace.com/gnarlsbarkley

The duo consists of producer Danger Mouse and singer Cee-Lo.

If you haven't checked them out yet, you should. Very experimental and unique sound. Somewhat remniscent of Prince, Marvin Gaye, Andre 3000.
SarahxJoy
I've heard a few songs from them from one of my friends. They're pretty good IMO.
I should consider getting their CD, as the same goes for everyone else who would enjoy it. biggrin.gif

I really like their song, "Just A Thought".
Statues/Shadows
They're alright. Their music isn't really my thing, but I understand the hype, which is more than I can say for most bands. They have really amusing promo pictures, too.

I read a lot of music blogs, and on one, someone posted a Gnarls Barkley song that hadn't been released yet and it got them in trouble with the RIAA, so a lot of people seem to resent that.
MrElsewhere
Love em.

DJ Danger Mouse's beats are nice on this album.

They're out there, but I like it.

Oh and I really hope that song necromancer is a metaphor for something else..
CrackedRearView
I like Cee-Lo; the song he did with Trick Daddy called "In Da Wind" was on repeat for like three weeks straight back in...oh, 2001? 2002?

Whatev.
Mr. Slowjamz
i love `em ....im actually going to watch them at webster hall in the city at the 22nd.
The. Killer. Bear.
Hmm... Heard about them on Best Week Ever on Friday.
Maybe I'll check them out. Maybe. Lol.
Jake
i freakin love them. i've had "crazy" on repeat, and the album is just great...
Tribal J_Rome
I didn't notice how great they were until I watched the music video. Usually if I first listen to a song just sitting there and listen to it, it can be hard to get into it sometimes. And sometimes a music video makes me hate the song, when I really just think the vid is dumb. But the music vid for "Crazy" was kinda cool, and the song is catchy. I'll probably get the cd sometime soon.

Gnarls Barkley "Crazy" music video
hi-C
^ The video is freakin' amazing. I'm definitely going to check this album out.
MrElsewhere
Wow. That video is original. Very nicely done.
starlette
I KNEW THAT SOUNDED LIKE CEE-LO!!! I saw the video for crazy the opther day and of course with the snazzy graphics you cant tell who it is, but I'm goin thats cee-lo and then i see gnarls barkley and I'm like wha? huh.gif But yeah, I guess I was right. Hot stuff. I downloaded the crazy track. For free. Shame on me. oh well.
radhikaeatsraman
I love them. Gnarls Barkley has a really '70s feel to them, and it's a little bit hard to appreciate until you listen to it a couple of times over.
hi-C
Did anyone see them perform on Conan the other day? It was amazing. I have a newfound respect for Cee-lo's voice. The boy can sang.
Tribal J_Rome
^^Does Danger Mouse sing at all on the album or does he just produce it? I listened to some of the songs but only heard Cee-lo. And I agree, there isn't much artists around today that you can say sound that amazing.
I Shot JFK
crazy has been Number 1 on the charts foreveeeeeeeeeer.

i liked it, but its starting to grate on me a bit now
hi-C
QUOTE(Tribal J_Rome @ May 27 2006, 2:54 PM) *
^^Does Danger Mouse sing at all on the album or does he just produce it? I listened to some of the songs but only heard Cee-lo. And I agree, there isn't much artists around today that you can say sound that amazing.

I'm tempted to say it's just Cee-Lo singing. I dunno, I haven't listened to the album. Shoot...I think that's how I'm going to spend my first check.
MrElsewhere
Its pretty much safe to say Danger Mouse does the beats and Cee-Lo supplies the vocals.
disco infiltrator
d00d.
He's so cool. I don't usually like hip-hop-y artists, only a few, but this guy is COOL. Soul-y voice, man.
nopattern
i've been hearing a lot about them lately. they sound pretty good.
whatifgrrl64
I was listening to radio@aol and I heard a remix to this song so I finally checked it out on myspace and gahh I love it. I added it but its not loading so I was trying to find it on xanga but I cant. Anyways I really like it. I just watched the video and even though its a little cool, I found it boring. -_- but I still love the song "crazy" :]
Hannarr
I do think theyre song "crazy" was good
but it was so overplayed on the radio and stuff that now if i hear it its like arrrghh
and tbh theyre not going to be able to realise another single that will do as good as crazy did
even if they are just as good

im thinking one hit wonders!
marzipan
never heard of them
MrElsewhere
QUOTE(Hannarr @ Jun 11 2006, 12:21 PM) *
I do think theyre song "crazy" was good
but it was so overplayed on the radio and stuff that now if i hear it its like arrrghh
and tbh theyre not going to be able to realise another single that will do as good as crazy did
even if they are just as good

im thinking one hit wonders!

nuhuh i think there's a lot of hits on that cd. eg: gogo gadget gospel, smiley faces, just a thought, etc.
TrueQueen
i like that song "crazy"
but why he use his real name
hi-C
^ "Gnarls Barkley" is not either of their real names...
AngryBaby
he performed in the mtv movie awards, and was horrible.

theres only some parts of the song i like, but theres some parts that totally turn me off to it.
hi-C
Just so y'all know, Gnarls Barkley is the name of a group, not one person. It's Cee-Lo from the now defunct Goodie Mob and hot producer Danger Mouse.
AngryBaby
well then THEY were horrible
aubbob
^ yeah. i really did expect more out of that performance pinch.gif
xquizit
QUOTE(Madame C @ Jun 11 2006, 11:10 PM) *
Just so y'all know, Gnarls Barkley is the name of a group, not one person. It's Cee-Lo from the now defunct Goodie Mob and hot producer Danger Mouse.

Haha, shows how some people don't bother to even read the post. :rollseyes:

Anyhow, I read that "Smiley Faces" is going to be the next single and it's definately one of my favorite tracks off the album. I'm sure it'll do well...
Tribal J_Rome
^nice, that was my second fav song on there
MrElsewhere
am i the only one that thinks the song necromancer is creepy as hell?
hi-C
I saw their performance on the Movie Awards and it wasn't that bad. I thought he was going to like...lose his voice in the middle of the song.
Tribal J_Rome
I saw that too, I noticed the music or tune or whatever was slightly different. Like the piano part. And I like how they dress up in costumes.
n00b
not really my type of music.
But they are pretty good thumbsup.gif
The Nocturnal Phantom
I've only heard one song, and, It's pretty good.

I dunno though. I'm usually not into that type of song, so Gnarls' kinda won me over.
angel-roh
I SAW HIM AT MTV 2 MOVIE AWARDS.

IT WAS HOT. not him, BUT JUST THE WHOLE SETTING WAS STEAMING HOT XD

star wars woohoo. xD

i loved that remix better..... but original is okay.............

I LOVE "CRAZY" MUSIC BETTER!!!! sooo GOOOD!!!!!
AngelicEyz00
Their song "Crazy" is really catchy. I like it. I have yet to hear any other songs from their album.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.