kimmytree
Thats ridiculous, it costing that much.

When we shouldnt even be over there. thumbdown.gif
_sarcastic_
that's ridiculous ph34r.gif
illumineering
QUOTE(robb0 @ May 6 2006, 7:24 PM) *
Uh... How do we even know that's real?

The money has been appropriated by Congress. It's a matter of public record. It's very real.
SarahxJoy
I'm, too, a little skeptical about the realism of that counter..

But then again, it could be true.
I'd need more proof.
MrElsewhere
it's probably not realistic, but uh yeah.

i wonder if any of our 400 billion dollars spent on defense are put into that.

sucks now that we've invaded, we can't pull out.
illumineering
QUOTE(robb0 @ May 6 2006, 8:42 PM) *
But all it's doing is raising one dollar per second. That seems a bit suspicious, don't you think?

There's no decimal point in that number. Look at it again. It's about $1,000 per second.
incoherent
holy hell.

thats a lot.

i looked it up for my community and it was over $300 million alone.

the war should end and our president should fall off a cliff.
kimmytree
the war should end and our president should fall off a cliff.

Heck yeah. If Clinton was indited and almost impeached over lying about having an affair, you'd think our wonderful president would just be impeached. Unfortunately, that'll never happen.

But all it's doing is raising one dollar per second. That seems a bit suspicious, don't you think?

Well, its not actually going up that much every second, but im sure the actual total amount is about what our country has actually spent. Last year in my American Government class, my teacher showed us that same website, and then showed us the amount it said on cnn.com... so I assume the amount is somewhat accurate. shifty.gif
SarahxJoy
At least this is Bush's last term.
Thank God.

Hopefully our next president won't be such a douchebag.
mylittleMiracle
wow,the number scares me a lot.
sw33t_rouge
i dislike bush ):
EddieV
Well, that's a lot of money, with all that money, I don't think I'd know what to do with it.
juliar
The media (and others) sometimes cite a figure that is in excess of our $315 billion estimate. However, the number cited by the media may include not just the Iraq War, but the Afghanistan War and for enhanced security abroad. Our figure is only covering the cost of the Iraq War as it relates to the U.S. federal budget (and does not include costs to others or other countries or any economic impact costs to Americans).

Now, if this thing were fake, do you think that they would care whether or not they included the Afghanistan War?
short_dark_hair
I am definitely skeptical about that number, it seems way too unrealistic and the fact that it's moving up so quickly doesn't help either.
mipadi
QUOTE(short_dark_hair @ May 7 2006, 12:22 PM) *
I am definitely skeptical about that number, it seems way too unrealistic and the fact that it's moving up so quickly doesn't help either.

The budget for the war is a matter of public record. It's pretty easy to tell if someone is lying about it.
x__rilind
and some people wonder why the united states hasn't money to give to public education and protection and such.
lalalaLANUH
That is probably the biggest number I've ever seen in my life. *shiver*

At least this is Bush's last term.
Thank God.

Hopefully our next president won't be such a douchebag.

I got all tingly and excited inside when I saw that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.