Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: person you know getting hit
Forums > Community Center > The Lounge
jue
Well, today after school and rehearsal for this competition i was in, one of my friends.. well more of an aquaintance[sp?] she was hit by a car across Queens Blvd. I heard that she was standing in the middle of the road and the car just came and hitted her. I wasn't there so actually see her getting hit by the car, but after hearing the details from people who saw it, i was like wacko.gif Like during school, i was in one of her classes, everything was alright. She was laughing and everything, and the next thing you know.. she's in the hospital right now. And what's so messed up is that, her own boyfriend, he didn't show no sign of like sympathy.. nothing. He was just like "Oh.. is basketball practice canceled today..?" Not only that, everyone was like she deserves it, and making fun of the accident. People were going "Well, after that crash maybe her nose will get smaller." or "that female dog deserves it" I mean no matter how much you hate someone.. that's kinda mean to say something like that to someone who just got hit by a car. I don't know if its just me or not, but it seems that this year, there's been so many accidents occuring. A few months ago, one of my friends brother got ran over by a bus. mellow.gif
Anywhoo, has anyone known someone who's been in an accident similar to the one above? And what do you think about this whole thing and how people are making fun of her. _unsure.gif
waccoon
I live in Forest Hillsssss lets hang ouuuuut.

Anyways, I was hit by a car once. It sucked so much.

About the people making fun of her, it's like going up to someone and screaming "HAHAHA YOU HAVE AIDS" in their face.
me1issaaaa
Oh god, that's horrible. I'm sorry to hear that, I really hope she'll be alright. Bitch or not, no one should deserve to be hurt like that... that's terrible.

Almost three years ago, two of my friends were in a hit-and-run accident overnight in the first week of summer break. They were clearly on the shoulder of the road, but a drunk driver ran off the road and slammed into both of them and drove off. I don't think the guy was ever caught. One of them had a broken leg and arm, but the other died on impact. I get a little choked up whenever I pass by the accident site where it happened not even a mile from my old house.
Smoogrish
That's terrible! Her boyfriend is a complete jerk. No offense or anything (well actually yes), but couldn't he at least show some reaction other than that? mad.gif And I can't believe everyone's like "She deserved it." Hardly anyone (except for people whose blood runs with 100% evil) deserves to be hit by a car. Even the people I really despise don't deserve to get hit by a car. Jeez. I hope she feels better soon. flowers.gif

I don't know anyone who's gotten hit by anything. I consider myself lucky.
lalalaLANUH
That is just horrible. How can they say garbage like that??? ohmy.gif

A couple months back this guy got knocked down right in front of my school. I felt sorry for him because even though he was okay, no body would give him a break. The driver yelled very profain exclamations at him demanding why he was in the middle of the road. I mean, the kid was crying for goodness sake! I don't know him, but I guess no body thought much of him because everyone started laughing when he limped into the school. No one offered to take him to the nurse or anything. I saw him leave around 4th period and his mom was yelling at him too.

I guess this mainly has to do with everyone making fun of that girl. I don't really know anyone who's been in a serious accident.
think!IMAGINARILY
Queens Boulevard is called the Boulevard of Death 'cause many people die while trying to cross it.
do you know Francis Lewis HS in Fresh Meadows? about 2 months ago, a senor at Franny Lew got hit by a car and lost his/her leg while crossing Utopia Parkway. my school, Ryan MS 216 is a few blocks away from where that person got hit. and my house is just a couple of blocks away from where it happened, so i'm like really scared whenever i cross the street.
and there's this carwash nearby my school, and i heard about this but i'm not sure if it really happened though. i heard that like one of the employees at the carwash like slipped while a car was still driving and the car ran over his head. it happened the same week!
it was scary. my friend told me to "pray before you cross the street."
making fun of someone after they got hit by a car is mean. unless they really deserved it. (the being made fun of part. not the being hit by a car part.)
Hiphop d[-_-]b
My friend Thuan was hit and murdered by a Hit and Run two decembers ago.
A few of my other friends have been hit by cars but nothing serious.
waccoon
QUOTE(elainedcuzunome @ May 3 2006, 8:55 PM) *
Queens Boulevard is called the Boulevard of Death 'cause many people die while trying to cross it.
do you know Francis Lewis HS in Fresh Meadows? about 2 months ago, a senor at Franny Lew got hit by a car and lost his/her leg while crossing Utopia Parkway. my school, Ryan MS 216 is a few blocks away from where that person got hit. and my house is just a couple of blocks away from where it happened, so i'm like really scared whenever i cross the street.
and there's this carwash nearby my school, and i heard about this but i'm not sure if it really happened though. i heard that like one of the employees at the carwash like slipped while a car was still driving and the car ran over his head. it happened the same week!
making fun of someone after they got hit by a car is mean. unless they really deserved it. (the being made fun of part. not the being hit by a car part.)

It's not called the Boulevard of Death..

Anyways, nobody would get hit if you just paid some goddamned attention to the lights. People are constantly j-walking Queens Boulevard, and they wonder why people die. Not like they weren't warned, they put up a sign that says "CROSS WITH CARE, PEDESTRIANS HAVE DIED HERE."
jue
QUOTE(elainedcuzunome @ May 3 2006, 8:55 PM) *

Yeah, i've heard of Queens Boulevard being called the "Boulevard of Death' Scary when you think about it. And i have to cross Queens Blvd every day of the week to get to school. And yeah i know Francis Lewis. sad.gif So many people in accidents.

QUOTE(waccoon @ May 3 2006, 9:18 PM) *

Anyways, nobody would get hit if you just paid some goddamned attention to the lights. People are constantly j-walking Queens Boulevard, and they wonder why people die. Not like they weren't warned, they put up a sign that says "CROSS WITH CARE, PEDESTRIANS HAVE DIED HERE."

Yupp, I've seen that sign. I didn't see what happened so im not gonna take sides between the friend and the driver. But what i did hear was that when she was standing in the middle of the road, which i have no clue what she was doing there, a car just came and BOOM! But what im wondering is, why didnt the car at least beeped?
think!IMAGINARILY

Yes, it is.

The combination of Queens Boulevard's immense width, heavy automobile traffic and thriving commercial scene made it the most dangerous thoroughfare in New York City and earned it citywide notoriety and morbid nicknames such as "The Boulevard of Death" and "The Boulevard of Broken Bones." From 1993 to 2000, 72 pedestrians were killed trying to cross the street, an average of 10.2 per year, with countless more injuries. Since 2001, at least partially in response to major news coverage of the danger, the city government has taken measures to cut down on such incidents, including posting large signs proclaiming that "A Pedestrian Was Killed Crossing Here" at intersections where fatal accidents have occurred and installing more road-rule enforcement cameras. These efforts worked: during all of 2004, only one pedestrian was killed while trying to cross Queens Boulevard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queens_Boulevard
waccoon
Anyways, nobody would get hit if you just paid some goddamned attention to the lights.
silver-rain
Wow, that's horrible, and people shouldn't be saying anything bad about her. I hope she recovers. But yeah, I've heard about Queens Boulevard too...
Ehh, a month or so ago, two students from my school were killed in a car accident as well, but they were in a car that was hit by a truck on the highway.
voguelove
my dog got hit about 3 years back. the driver didnt slow for him to cross the road and i mean, come on..hes a dog. dogs dont know taht stuff. so he came to my house right after, but when i went to call the vet, he drove off.
juliar
QUOTE(waccoon @ May 3 2006, 8:18 PM) *
I live in Forest Hillsssss lets hang ouuuuut.

Anyways, I was hit by a car once. It sucked so much.

About the people making fun of her, it's like going up to someone and screaming "HAHAHA YOU HAVE AIDS" in their face.

if you hang out with nick bring me too :]

anyway, queens blvd is hella dangerous. i hate crossing there because there are always those signs up that are like. BE CAREFUL CROSSING or something like that and a picture of a guy basically getting hit by a car. or something like that. freaks me out.

a relative of mine... i think my grandma or my grandpa..or my aunt in china got hit by a motorcycle once. because the motorcycles there basically just try to get in between pedestrians. yea.

But what im wondering is, why didnt the car at least beeped?

maybe the car did beep, and your acquantaince couldnt move out the way in time and the car couldnt slow down in time. usually in a green light people go pretty damn fast.
maryissa
I never known anyone getting hit by a car.

They shouldnt be making fun of her cuz that could happen to anyone. What if that happened to them?
jue
^Yeah, on Queens Blvd, people go pretty darn fast. Many usually speed. Well, today i went to the hosptial to see her. ALOT of people were there to see her. Like a total of like more then 30 people were there. When i went in, wow. I was speechless. I felt so bad. She could barley speak. her eyes were barely opened. There were like tubes hanging all over her. When i went in there i almost broke down crying. She asked people to hold her hands and.. =T. It was hard. ><
This Confession
hahaa
i was hit by a car once..

i was on the ground laughing
on and i ran in to the back of one..

mellow.gif

but yea people should really be nice about things like that..

i guess a tiger can't change their stripes? i think thats how it goes..
My Cinderella.
I tried to visit her today. After Jue said she looked terrible and didn't know what to say. I was scared for her. They didn't let me go inside because she wasn't feeling too well. sad.gif
demolished
Well. people were rude to her because she did something wrong and terrible to them? maybe, that's what made people are so hateful.

and it's human nature to talk crap or laugh at someone back but it's can be controlled. yes, it's sad but ... that's the way it happened.

A major accident happend to my head, my friend laughed at it. i even had stitches.
krnxswat
QUOTE(waccoon @ May 3 2006, 8:18 PM) *

not really, when you get into an accident, there's a good chance of surviving/recuperating; however, aids is not curable.
AnnahhbeL
Yeah, my cousin got hit by a car once in the 4th grade..we were on our way to school and this crazy driver just slammed into her. She flew up into the air and her head hit a car mirror, then she was on the floor. I was so worried. Luckily, these people came out of their car to help her. That crazy lady that ran her over also ran over the police. The police told her to stop, but she just kept on going. And the police woman broke both of her legs beause of it.

Well, my cousin was bleeding a lot and it wasn't a good sight at all...
Smoogrish
Ohmygosh. That is a crazy lady. ohmy.gif
flc
My boyfriend got hit by a slow-moving car when we were out shopping. He was walking across the parking lot coming back from another store and just, got hit. Of course he didn't get badly injured, but he was limping when he came in the shoe store trying to find me. I didn't think it was that big of a deal because he was sort of smiling about it, saying that the guys in the car were laughing, so I just kept looking at the shoes I was trying on. tongue.gif I feel bad now.

But that's so mean, and extremely rude..how would they react if it happened to them and nobody cared? Jesus..
misoshiru
Oh that's horrible!

A few months back, in the end of November, a friend of mine was hit by this crazy driver at night. He was out alone, and wasn't found till the next morning. He was in a coma for months until his parents finally decided that he wouldn't wake up again last month so they pulled the plug. It was horrible, because not 2 weeks before that, one of my friends had suddenly passed away as well.
SarahxJoy
Ignorant people like that really piss me off.
It still amazes me each time when something like that happens, and I realize all over again how people can be so cruel. _dry.gif

My mom's cousin was hit by a car back in P.I. about a year and a half ago. He instantly died when hit. sad.gif I never got the chance to meet him, but my mom was really upset. I dislike it when people have to go through such things.
emazing
Wow, that's cold. What kind of boyfriend does she have, anyway? I hope she gets well soon.
Back in elementary school there was this little kid in 3rd grade - the cutest kid ever IMO - who got hit by a car in the school parking lot one day, and had to get surgery or something of the sort. I remember seeing that kid come back to school with his face all bruised, too.
ermm.gif
NgocQuyen
my brother kind of got ran over by a semi-truck. lols it was a long time ago but somehow he like rolled under it. and yeah. i saw it with my own eyes. i was freaking scared! lols..and theres this kid i know that got hit by a truck, which i don't see how seeing it that it was DAYLIGHT and yeah. it was strange.
x__rilind
that's bloody awful, both the girl getting hit and the fact that everyone was making fun of her. it's not like she ran out in front of the car and screamed 'hit me' so she could be popular at school or something stupid (presumably).

we actually had someone get hit by a car earlier this term, and then i had a mate get hit by a car when she got off her bus two years ago. my piccolo actually saved her life, that was the funny part.
ecargnmyst
yeah queens blvds the blvd of death =\ i live right near there >< its scaryy.. what schhool whas she/r u from?

and yeah i know ppl who get hit by a car.. the recent accident of April Lao and Kevin Kwan... i didnt know kevin...but i knew April.. and yeah its pretty sad b/c neither survived..and the car was just crushed so badly sad.gif

and now my school is having all these donations and fund raisers and we even have april lao and Kevin Kwan R.I.P. bracelets

and theres this whole wall on the 6th floor of my school dedicated to them w/ their pictures

and yeah..making fun?? thats not something to make fun of someone for..>[ alot of my sophomore/jr friends were crying over the incident the day we returned to school and everyone could actually feel the tension and sadness walking in the hallways =\
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.