Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone heard of The Academy Is... or OKGo?
Forums > Community Center > Music
adolelolz
Wow they're amazing. If you haven't heard of them, go to purevolume.com/theacademyis or okgo.net/video.asp
JumpforJoy
I heard OK Go when they're song was featured in Madden 2005. Hahahaha. :)

And The Academy Is... is getting quite popular nowadays.
think!IMAGINARILY
i think The Academy Is... is pretty awesome. but i have this thing about bands when they get popular. like when they get on MTV or the radio, i just start hating them. so i don't like them as much as i did before.
adolelolz
Wait... TAI is on MTV and the radio? When did this happen?! But yeah, same with me, I hate when bands get popular, because then their original die-hard fanbase sort of...Isn't any more. I used to be a HUGE Green Day fan, but now they've basically lost it.
xMayleex
I heard The Acadamy Is ... a while back, my friend introduced me to their music and I liked it. Slow Down is a good song _smile.gif
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(Crueldade @ May 3 2006, 3:31 PM) *
Wait... TAI is on MTV and the radio? When did this happen?! But yeah, same with me, I hate when bands get popular, because then their original die-hard fanbase sort of...Isn't any more. I used to be a HUGE Green Day fan, but now they've basically lost it.

i'm not saying that they're on MTV and the radio. i'm just saying that as an example of bands getting popular.
StanleyThePanda
OK go is on my computer cause my sister likes them.
I dont really mind either of them.
oXMuhNirvanaXo
I am a big fan of The Academy Is... ! There the best! <333
shadowchild
I'm IN LOVE with the Academy Is... but I like Panic! At the Disco the best.
Saeglopur
TAI is alright. I only got a couple of songs by them. I only like 2-3 songs by them overall.

OK Go's pretty cool.
adolelolz
So what's your all's favorite song by either of them? Mine's Classifieds and Season for TAI, and I don't have the OKGo CD so I don't know what the songs are called...
Saeglopur
Definitely Slow Down by TAI
As for OKGo, Get Over It is pretty awesome.
Paulina
I've heard of The Academy is...... because they're with the same company Paramore is and I love Paramore.
I've never listened to them, are they any good?
me1issaaaa
I've been a huge fan of The Academy Is for quite a while now. I actually made THIS THREAD last year on them [:

I haven't listened to much of OKGo, but I have heard "You're So Damn Hot" and liked it a lot.
eccentricity
The only thing I really know about OKGo is that they had this video with this incredibly funny dance. (:
nopattern
QUOTE(Crueldade @ May 3 2006, 2:31 PM) *

tai was on mtv in january i think. i don't nessicarily like it when they get teenies for fans, but i'm happy for them. and the diehard fanbase only dies when you let it. i still love them as much as the first time i heard them.

as for okgo, haven't listened to them.
WHOngos144
The Academy Is... is actually pretty good. I downloaded their album and all of their songs are interesting and I don't get tired of them.
silver-rain
I love love love The Academy Is...
I only have a few songs from OKGo, they're not bad.
adolelolz
Yeah, I love the A Million Ways dance...My friends and I all learned it 'cause we're cool. Heck yes. Oh, and Lyra, you mentioned Paramore? I like them too! Hm, aren't they going to be on Warped Tour? I know TAI is, and I'm reeeally excited for that.
hi-C
I like "Black Mamba" by The Academy Is...

And "Get Over It" is pretty much Ok Go's best song.
Paulina
QUOTE(Crueldade @ May 4 2006, 3:40 PM) *
Yeah, I love the A Million Ways dance...My friends and I all learned it 'cause we're cool. Heck yes. Oh, and Lyra, you mentioned Paramore? I like them too! Hm, aren't they going to be on Warped Tour? I know TAI is, and I'm reeeally excited for that.

Yeah I think they are going to be on the Warped tour.
goodcharlotte
the academy is... is a great band
Blow_Don't_SUCK
I love The Phrase that Pays, Classifieds, Skeptics, and True Believers from the Academy Is. They're the band I listen to when I wake up every morning.
My Cinderella.
They're alright. I like their song: Slow Down, a lot though.
adolelolz
I've been listening to their CD ever since I got it last month. I think I might have listened to Panic! In between maybe...once? Yeah, I'm a little obsessed. O_o
x__rilind
yeah, TAI's 'seasons' is on the radio.

I first heard of them when i joined their label(fueled by ramen)'s mailing list about a year ago. and i definetly liked them.

Ok Go I've heard of but never heard. and i would go to purevolume, but purevolume hates me.
ikn0wurm0m
MAINSTREAM!

(I hate them)
emazing
I haven't heard of OkGo, but I've definitely heard of The Academy Is.
Slow Down's a favorite. _smile.gif
adolelolz
MAINSTREAM!

(I hate them)

--x--

Hm, that's odd to hate a band just because they're "mainstream." Whatever. That's too bad that "Season" is on the radio, that's my favorite song..
FreeStickers
Ok Go has my heart.
ikn0wurm0m
QUOTE(Crueldade @ May 5 2006, 3:25 PM) *
MAINSTREAM!

(I hate them)

--x--

Hm, that's odd to hate a band just because they're "mainstream." Whatever. That's too bad that "Season" is on the radio, that's my favorite song..

Oh i dont hate them just because they are mainstream, I hate them cause..iono i jus thate them haha.
adolelolz
Ooh, okay I see. That makes sense...I guess...xD
BryMonster
I love The Academy Is. Way before
they became popular on MTV. My
favorite, absolute favorite song is
"Memento Mori" it puts me in such
a great mood.
Unfold
o wow. the academy is.. my favorite band
they are incredible live. saw at the truckstops and statelines tour

ok go is awesome too. im seeing them this summer!
Death2Smilee
QUOTE(elainedcuzunome @ May 3 2006, 2:21 PM) *
i think The Academy Is... is pretty awesome. but i have this thing about bands when they get popular. like when they get on MTV or the radio, i just start hating them. so i don't like them as much as i did before.

amen to that. when panic! at the disco got more mainstream i found them a little less cool.
btw, OK Go, Panic! At the Disco and The Hush Sound are all touring together!!!
happy.gif
Tha Hush SOund is another band to check out, btw...
bballchick1
I've heard a few of The Academy Is...'s songs and they're pretty awesome so I'm thinking of getting their cd sometime soon. I've seen some ads for OKGo in ElleGirl before but I've never actually heard any of their stuff.
kill.t3h.r0cK
The Academy Is... and OkGO are pretty amazing in my opinion. Yes, TAI... is on MTV. MTV2 to be exact.

Oh, The Hush Sound is so yummy! I saw them on tour with FFTL and FOB, but no one even cheered for them...or FFTL. I was dancing around in the pit, and everyone was glaring at me.

A band becoming mainstream doesn't affect my liking towards them unless their sound changes and I'm not into that, but for the most part, I don't care about a band being indie or mainstream as long as they've got talent.
adolelolz
"OK Go, Panic! At the Disco and The Hush Sound are all touring together!!! "

I know!! And I'm so mad, because OKGo isn't coming to my city, a different band is! But even if they were, I still wouldn't be allowed to go because where they're performing, people tend to get shot O_o

It's a bad part of town.
hi-C
QUOTE(Death2Smilee @ May 6 2006, 9:35 PM) *
amen to that. when panic! at the disco got more mainstream i found them a little less cool.
btw, OK Go, Panic! At the Disco and The Hush Sound are all touring together!!!
happy.gif
Tha Hush SOund is another band to check out, btw...

You forgot the Dresden Dolls are also apart of that tour. I wanna go to that one soooooooooooooo bad, but apparently tickets are sold out back home (Washington DC). Dresden Dolls put on a fantastic live show, and I expect no less from P!atD. The Hush Sound sounds pretty cool too, from what I've heard of them on purevolume.

Also, if you're a fan of the whole cabaret, Brechtian punk thing that Panic! and The Hush Sound has going on, check out Humanwine. They were at the Dresden Dolls concert I went to last month and they're pretty awesome. They have a song you can listen/download off of purevolume.
xxNervous-Kissesxx
I Love TAI... And Okgo!

There Really Good sorta Emo Bands Do You Like Hellogoodbye??

xx.
I Shot JFK
OK Go are AMAZING live... they put on a helluva show...

and i would hapilly sell my soul for TAI tickets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.