Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BBB-Bad, Boring, Baka anime/manga
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Anime
Pages: 1, 2
sakaitone
We always talk about which anime or mangas are our favorites but never the bad ones. I thought this would be an amusing topic to post about. I know very few I don't like, I mostly like all kinds, so I really can't post about it.
Emina
Hm... a really bad anime?

Well, I can name two.

The two worst, not to mention horribly dubbed, anime to hit overseas are:

Pokemon

&

Dragon Ball

Those two, I won't even consider them anime.

There's THAT bad.

And the worst part of it all, was that they were entirely more popular then they should have been.

Those two are just ones I thought off the top of my head, I bet theres more...
imhyper
2 words-----DUAL MASTERS!!!!!!! that was the most stupidist, idiotic, pointless, anime ive ever seen in my life. And on top of the that, its a parody to yugioh with the lamest cards and duals. It was probably made by some otaku yugioh TCG fan that decided to make an anime similar to yugioh. He probably came up with the idea in 5 minutes!!! AT LEAST THE GUY THAT CREATED YUGIOH PUT SOME TIME AND EFFORT INTO HIS ART, THAN COPYING A SIMILAR THEME TO ANOTHER SHOW!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A DISGRACE TO YUGIOH!!!!!!!!! AGGGHHGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
imhyper
What? pokemon isnt that bad. It was one of my first animes. But u got to admit that they did more editing to the show than translate it. So its like they changed the whole show. Even the theme songs are completely diffrent. Very different if you copared one to an uncut real version of the show
Emina
QUOTE(imhyper @ Apr 29 2005, 10:17 PM)
2 words-----DUAL MASTERS!!!!!!! that was the most stupidist, idiotic, pointless, anime ive ever seen in my life. And on top of the that, its a parody to yugioh with the lamest cards and duals. It was probably made by some otaku yugioh TCG fan that decided to make an anime similar to yugioh. He probably came up with the idea in 5 minutes!!! AT LEAST THE GUY THAT CREATED YUGIOH PUT SOME TIME AND EFFORT INTO HIS ART, THAN COPYING A SIMILAR THEME TO ANOTHER SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!  ITS A DISGRACE TO YUGIOH!!!!!!!!!  AGGGHHGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I gotta agree with you, Yugioh may not be my favorite anime, but at least the art is unique, I can safely say, I havn't seen an anime with art quite like it.

And, yeah, Duel Masters suck... royally.
Emina
Well...

Yeah~ Pokemon wasn't that BAD... but you gotta admit, it wasn't good, either.

The dubbed version was HORRIBLE.

Just horrible.

Well, I can't really say much, cause Digimon was my first anime.... so yeah -_-
x____duckii
QUOTE(imhyper @ Apr 29 2005, 10:17 PM)
2 words-----DUAL MASTERS!!!!!!! that was the most stupidist, idiotic, pointless, anime ive ever seen in my life. And on top of the that, its a parody to yugioh with the lamest cards and duals. It was probably made by some otaku yugioh TCG fan that decided to make an anime similar to yugioh. He probably came up with the idea in 5 minutes!!! AT LEAST THE GUY THAT CREATED YUGIOH PUT SOME TIME AND EFFORT INTO HIS ART, THAN COPYING A SIMILAR THEME TO ANOTHER SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!  ITS A DISGRACE TO YUGIOH!!!!!!!!!  AGGGHHGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I definetely agree. Unlike Dual Masters, Yugioh is somewhat interesting.

But I can't stand Pokémon!

The plot for like practically EVERY episode:

Ash and stupid friends walk around.
Team Rocket comes along and tries to steal Pokémon.
Ash gets Pikachu to save Pokémon or whatever.
Ash won. Team Rocket lost.
The end.

Seriously, whenever I watch that show, I feel like falling asleep yawn.gif I don't even know if it's considered an anime.
loljuliana
i would also have to say pokemon. i never thought of it as anime.
Eryi
I find no point in Jing. hammer.gif
xenosaga
If Cyborg009 is counted as anime...then i totally hate this series, the anime is lame, and i just cant stand how they act in the movie series
Paradox of Life
Ummm.. Dragon Ball (Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, all that shiat)
And YuGiOh.
DBZ = Too complicated, pointless, and they get constipated when they go Super Saiyan.
YuGiOh = It's creative and I collect the cards (and know how to duel too pinch.gif), but the show sucks. It's too overdramatic.
Pokemon's not that bad. I think it's one of the biggest shows (at least used to be). It was so creative. They managed to make 150 unique monsters and put them all into a show. I thought it was pretty good. Except for a few corny parts and Pikachu's desperate attempts at being cute.
Animeloverhk93
DBZ = Too complicated, pointless, and they get constipated when they go Super Saiyan

LOL I THINK SO TOO!!

I think its like really confusing and stuff blink.gif and its even worse when they show it again b/c i gett all confused what the episode they are showing! i'm like is that gokus son or that is goku so i stoped watching it it is so stupid. i also hate dual masters that is just crap. they like copied yugi-oh and stuff i think yugioh is ok b/c of the animation and the drawings of the charaters but i think it is so grrrr so ugh and so weird its like why use cards to save your grandpa? and its like it seems a stupid card is like worth $500 i can say b/c they treat it like it is the ulitmate gold or somthing. i know there is more crapy anime out there but i can't name sme that i have seen. i think alot of anime are really good but the ones i listed is just crap.
rainnydaiis
Pokemon, Yugioh , and Tenchi muyo.. was useless and yuyuhakusyo or w.e
FoOd
DragonBall(any series)
Pokemon
Monster Rancher
YUGIOH

Some shouldn't even be alive. mellow.gif
STL)Paranoia
oh please, so much bias towards pokemon...even dbz, more people used to watch it than inu yasha, naruto, or any of "those" shows...honestly, they're not that bad, and i've watched close to 150 series of all genres, so I know.

Absolute worst:
-Piano
-Puni Puni Poemy
-Ultra Maniac TV
-Duel Masters

Overrated:
-Fruits Basket
-Cowboy Bebop
-Inu Yasha
-Naruto
imhyper
QUOTE(AkaRyux @ May 1 2005, 10:55 AM)
And YuGiOh.
DBZ = Too complicated, pointless, and they get constipated when they go Super Saiyan.

HAHAHAH!!!! CONSTIPATED!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! that cracked me up laugh.gif
distortedMIND
QUOTE(AkaRyux @ May 1 2005, 10:55 AM)

What's so complicated about it? ohmy.gif Goku and his friends basically saves the earth from destruction. And constipated?...I beg to differ.

Worst Anime:
+
Digimon (3rd season). It got weirder after the Digimon and humans combine.
+ Love Hina.
GOO
pokemon. (is it even an anime) Its just the same episode over and over and over, and the games are exactly the same!!!!
ravenwings
Some of the Anime I dont like are probably the following

Bayblade,
Yugi oh,
probably any anime that is a tie in for a certain franchise,
anything with a plot about the world obssessed with cards, tops , yoyos
any sort of inanmate object or robotic pets
Most if this Anime seem to just want to sell you something
and are overly dramatic.
moreover the protagonist of the show is hyper obsessed
Moonclaw
Humm, I think the worst anima I've ever seen it Duel Masters, even from the commecals I thought it was dumb and a ripe off from Yugioh. and when I watched the first episode it was like... yawn.gif
I think Pokemon is a little old, alway the same. If they change the charaters of something, then it might be worth watching again, but then again what would pokemon be without Ash. mellow.gif
slowtyper
Dragon Ball deff
xbloostarx
QUOTE(STL)Paranoia @ May 2 2005, 12:56 AM)
oh please, so much bias towards pokemon...even dbz, more people used to watch it than inu yasha, naruto, or any of "those" shows...honestly, they're not that bad, and i've watched close to 150 series of all genres, so I know.

Absolute worst:
-Piano
-Puni Puni Poemy
-Ultra Maniac TV
-Duel Masters

Overrated:
-Fruits Basket
-Cowboy Bebop
-Inu Yasha
-Naruto

Fruits Basket is but...Naruto and Inuyasha.....no
lilnatcat
One of the most saddest and worst anime I think is Yugioh............attempting to save the world by throwing pieces of cardboard at one another.....=_______=""..........
d0nchikit0
Naruto is not overrated, it is great.

Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop, IMO, are. I tried watching Cowboy bebop and I didn't like it and I used to watch Inuyasha but it's not all that great... Here's my bad list:

-SOME episodes of Cased Closed
-A lot of Inuyasha Episodes
-Some Bleach Episodes
-Zatch Bell
-One Piece
-Duel Masters
-The repetitive episodes of Dragonball GT
-Lain
-Yu-Gi-Oh
punkymoke
Pokémon, yugioh, any fake animes...

hehe, i have to admit i loved digimon in the beginning.. watched every episode of the first season.. but now it's just crappy.. sooo

digimon
dragon ball Z G F.. whatevertf it is ^_^
wind&fire
AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!! you know there is already a thread for this?!?!?!...eh
xenosaga
inuyasha, naruto, princess mononoke, pokemon, and other's that you mentioned are good. i just can't stand some of the shows that dealt with cards (duel masters, yu-gi-oh, etc.)
assie-chan
Hmmm, worst animes ever...

Any Didgimon past season 2 (Season wo was really good and still ranks as one of my favourite animes)
Cowboy Beobob...I almost fell asleep trying to watch it yawn.gif
Chrono Chrusade
Pokeman
YuGiOh
Duel Masters or monters or w/e that cheap YuGiOh rip off anime is

Nya...That's it, unless you count all those cheap rip-off animes on the Cartoon Network and YTV (Canadian station)....
emazing
I think Bey Bladez is decidedly one of the "bad anime" t.v. shows ever.
Sw33ties
Sorry, i can't help noticing. But how could any1 say that Inu Yasha is overatted!!! Its gr8! Its like one of the best shows i've ever watched, plus it's really funny... especially Miroku ...
Atobe_Keigo
1 Fruits Basket - All my friends love it and it just gets annoying...
2 Duel Masters - It's just a horrible show that copied Yugioh.
3 Zatch Bell - The art is so horrible...Especially the comercial!
4 Inu Yasha - Dubbed version. Japanese is better!

I have more that I hate, but oh well..
MonkeySmiles
omg. i don't like zatch bell, duel masters, digimon, angelic layer(don't get that one bit), legend of the mystical ninga, and all those funky wunky ones. >< the concept of zatch bell is really weird, and duel masters the same. and the art for them and legend of the mystical ninga is just really bad in my opinion.
Kino
Gawd... I was the most Pokemon obsessed 8-year-old ever. I would watch all the shows, play all the video games, and collected the cards. I still like my edition 1 Charizard card. When you get older it's surprising how much of a soft spot you get for the things you loved as a child, even though I can barely go through an episode of Pokemon now without gagging a little. I can't watch the old movies either, but I would play the card game with anyone who asked.

Okay... back on topic... the manga that I hate:
Zodiac P.I.
DNangel

Zodiac P.I. was really really REALLY dumb. But for a manga with a Y rating thats what you cn exspect.
DNangel has no plot. Why does he steal stuff? Because it's what Dark does. There isn't any reason to steal anything really. He can just think of a twin and go back to normal. And I find it pretty dumb as well.

And the animes I hate
Magical Play
Magic Knight Rayearth (though it is really funny to watch and make fun of)
Maze

I don't like them mainly for the reason that they are kind of dumb. I like slightly more serious animes like Kino's Journey or Kino no Tabi and Chobits.
torngemini
Duel Masters
Most of the episodes from Dragonball GT ( because like the last person said it's so repetitive)
And the third season on from Digimon ... (the first two seasons kicked ass then it just starting sucking when the third season came)
aera
QUOTE(assie-chan @ Jun 19 2005, 7:09 PM)
Hmmm, worst animes ever...

Any Didgimon past season 2 (Season wo was really good and still ranks as one of my favourite animes)
Cowboy Beobob...I almost fell asleep trying to watch it yawn.gif
Chrono Chrusade
Pokeman
YuGiOh
Duel Masters or monters or w/e that cheap YuGiOh rip off anime is

Nya...That's it, unless you count all those cheap rip-off animes on the Cartoon Network and YTV (Canadian station)....

cowboy bebop is considered one of the best animes ever. that is, if you ever bothered to watch more than two episodes.

mm... duel masters. ichigo100%. the manga for itis good, but the anime isnt.
Cuti3anjelxoxo
YuGiOh
frogcutie141
I think the wrst manga I ever read has to be................................................... _dry.gif Tokyo Mew Mew. ithinks it's just another Sailor Moon! I mean the just turning them into Cats!!!!! Boring.
Anime ...........................................Yugio and Dragon Ball Z.

Just don' make sence............of course i am just dense.
mzislandpinay
QUOTE(Atobe_Keigo @ Aug 13 2005, 9:41 AM)
4 Inu Yasha - Dubbed version. Japanese is better!

haha yeah i agress japanese version is so much better! lol. But hmm some i just can;t stand is CowBoy Bebop.. and Pokemon..
Boyfriendless
Pokemon. Digimon pwnz it.
One Piece. bad anime, it looks terrible.
Naruto. I LOVE THE MANGA! But his voice...god.
D.N.Angel. Good manga, bad anime.
And old stuff like Yugioh and Dragon Ball Z.
hiromi
Naruto, Inuyasha, Dragonball [Z, GT, etc], Pokemon (though I admit I was a pokemon freak, but mainly for the videogames), Duel Masters, Digimon (I liked the first 2 seasons though), and Cossette no Shouzo (Plain boring). I'm not a big fan of bleach either (waits for fans to attack me)

As for manga... I barely read manga, so whatever. Busuo Renkin was pretty generic in my opinion though...
Blow_Don't_SUCK
QUOTE(Emina @ Apr 29 2005, 10:09 PM)
Hm... a really bad anime?

Well, I can name two.

The two worst, not to mention horribly dubbed, anime to hit overseas are:

Pokemon

&

Dragon Ball

Those two, I won't even consider them anime.

There's THAT bad.

And the worst part of it all, was that they were entirely more popular then they should have been.
Those two are just ones I thought off the top of my head, I bet theres more...

I AGREE!

I also think that Bobobobo boobobobobobobobo IS STUPPPIIIDD(I WISH IT GOT CANCELED, IF IT DID I'M SORRY FOR BEING OBLIVIOUS).

I think One Piece sucks too... I've seen CB members that can draw way better than those.
islandgirl4eva
Oh God, I hated Dragon Ball Z/GT/all of them. One fight would take months to finish! Annoying! Grrrr.
rainnydaiis
First of all sorry if this may sound offending.. Didn't mean it to.

Ok... First I don't really think YuGiOh is that bad... For those who actually watched the last series will probably agree.. People just get the wrong idea about this anime because people just criticize and people tend to agree...

Digimon was actually very entertaining until the humans became the digimon.. Then it got all funk a delic..

Pokemon... If it wasen't for pokemon most americans won't even know japanese people actually draw anime and such.. HAHA -__-;; Opened a whole new era for younger kids...

I keep going on just talking about why some of the animes you guys hate seem to be ok on my book.. But I mainly say because of them getting dubb'd you guys seem to hate them.. If you watch YuGiOh in japanese its actually bloody and stuff =P. Just that WB changed it... A lot actually.. I would just love to contradict all the stuff you guys said here.. But actually their your opinions and I got my own =P.

Ok there are only 2 pointless animes on my list that I think they never should have made...
1. Yu Yu Hakusho
2. Pretty Sammy <-- Disgrace to my name sammy =P
Just_Dream
QUOTE(imhyper @ Apr 29 2005, 6:17 PM)
2 words-----DUAL MASTERS!!!!!!! that was the most stupidist, idiotic, pointless, anime ive ever seen in my life. And on top of the that, its a parody to yugioh with the lamest cards and duals. It was probably made by some otaku yugioh TCG fan that decided to make an anime similar to yugioh. He probably came up with the idea in 5 minutes!!! AT LEAST THE GUY THAT CREATED YUGIOH PUT SOME TIME AND EFFORT INTO HIS ART, THAN COPYING A SIMILAR THEME TO ANOTHER SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!  ITS A DISGRACE TO YUGIOH!!!!!!!!!   AGGGHHGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Hahah yea Dual Masters. Now that was HORRIBLE!

Okay, what the heck is Bobobobobobo or whatever it's called?! I watched it one time and ... wow.. just WTH. mellow.gif

I agree with raindaiis... Actually, I thought Digimon was more interesting than Pokemon at one time, but this is based on the original digimon. Anything after the first season was horrible. rolleyes.gif

Hhaha Naomi - I concur! I miss the Dragon Ball episodes because those weren't nearly as long (wth, in DBZ 1 episode was devoted to Goku powering up.. WTH), but Dragon Ball in general wasn't a very good anime, IMO.

Blow_Don't_SUCK - Personally, I think you're basing your impression on One Piece a little too heavily on the art, not the storyline. Also, I get the impression that you might also be basing this on the dubbed version of One Piece. If you've ever read the manga version of One Piece, as well as watching the original Japanese version of it, you'll understand the differences between them and the American dubbed versions. The originals were good. US licensing destroys animes. lol :P
With that being said, it isn't just about the art. Keep in mind that if an anime had amazing art with horrible storylines, it wouldn't be very popular or well liked. Also, I'd have to say that some animes that I've seen had animations that weren't as detailed, but the storyline/plot and development was amazing. I mean, look at Azumanga Daioh! You don't see any 3-d like backgrounds. Azumanga Daioh is VERY simple when it comes to the animation (heck, some scenes have a painted background with 1 color, or a white background), but the randomness and random character development as well as the overal plotless of it makes it so appealing and loved by many.

In general, all original Japanese anime are better. I mean, look at One Piece, for example! Also, YuGiOh does have a good storylike, if you think about it. I mean, I don't even know how to play the game, but just the strategies and the way the characters are portrayed really makes it appealing.

Also, Naruto is getting more and more popular, but when I watched the American dubbed version, I was disappointed. Not as much as I was disappointed with the dubbed One Piece though. One Piece just broke my heart when I watched it one night on Cartoon Network... sad.gif
rainnydaiis
One piece for the american version is horrible but entertaining to me because I get to watch some episodes I've missed =P. Anyways..

Dragon ball Z I loved.. Thats a for sure hands down!!! I can watch it over and over again for all I care.

Guys anime isn't only about art or it having crappy color.. Or it seeming to be something that little kids will enjoy.. As long as you open your mind to all different kinds of anime theres nothing wrong...

One Piece might have a crappy art style but so do all the old animes.. Like Lupin the 3rd. Gundam Mobile Suit, Evangelion and GTO and such and their still wonderful animes that are on the top 100 of all anime critics.
F_L_I_P
DBZ simple as that

-Phil-
Eryi
QUOTE(distortedMIND @ May 6 2005, 11:59 AM)
What's so complicated about it?  ohmy.gif  Goku and his friends basically saves the earth from destruction.  And constipated?...I beg to differ.

Worst Anime:
+
Digimon (3rd season). It got weirder after the Digimon and humans combine.
+ Love Hina.

Um, I think the digimon season with humans and digimon transformations is season 4.
Season 3 is with the cards. wink.gif
rainnydaiis
^ we got a digimon pro here!!

_distorted mind... How can you hate on Love HIna... What did NARU ever do to you T.T
F_L_I_P
^ we got a digimon pro here!!

_distorted mind... How can you hate on Love HIna... What did NARU ever do to you T.T

HAHA Sammy dont feel the Love Hina lovin? Meh I use to like Love Hina too I just prefer reading the Manga. READ THE MANGA!

-Phil-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.