Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how often do you wash your hair?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Pages: 1, 2, 3
voguelove
my hair is kinda short so i wash it every day so it doesnt stick up in the mornings. however, when my hair was reallllly long, id wash it every other day.

what about you?
Rachel
Everyother day.

My hair either gets too dry or greasy to do it everyday
stephinika
^^
Same. Every other day I wash it. Sometimes every 2 days because my hair tends to get all yucky if I wash it too often. Mostly every other day though, cause sometimes if its every 2, it gets too greasy.
My hair is so...difficult sometimes. _dry.gif
talcumpowder
I hardly ever wash my hair everday. It's so thin... And the shampoo makes it look like I haven't washed it yet. It gets fluffy when it dries... Like I used a hairdryer on it. XD
So... I wash it about once a week. Like a geisha.
priyas
every other day.
think!IMAGINARILY
i always wash it everyday. and condition maybe... 3 times a week? i wouldn't call my hair reallly long. it's about 3 inches longe than shoulder length.

some kids in my class just NEVER wash their hair and its soo greasy and dandruff-y and gross! plus, they smell really, really bad.
it's just so gross! ewwww!
sprezzatura
I wash it every other day. It's bad to wash everyday...
jeung
must wash every morning!
misoshiru
Every other day because like peggystur said, it's bad for your hair to wash it every day.
KissMe2408
I wash it every day or every other day.
It really matters how I'm going to style my hair.
If i'm putting it up then I won't wash it, it'll hold better without it being squeaky clean. Of course, if i wear it down i'll def wash it beforehand.
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(peggysturr @ May 2 2006, 12:25 AM) *

why is that? what does it do to your hair?
voguelove
QUOTE(peggysturr @ May 1 2006, 9:25 PM) *

no, its not.

Proper hair and scalp care involves washing your hair regularly to remove the normal buildup of dirt, dead skin cells, oils produced by skin glands, and any other substances you put in your hair such as hair spray, etc. The frequency with which you wash your hair depends on the condition of your hair. Basic guidelines are to wash your hair a few times a week for dry hair, and every day or every other day for oily hair.

If you do choose to wash your hair daily, make sure that you are using a pH-balanced shampoo and only wash it once. If you wash it more than once a day, you will be removing too much of the natural oil found in hair. Of the shampoos available on the market, most contain water, foaming agents, fragrances (often added to mask odors of other ingredients), and various amounts of detergents. Shampoos that are designed for oily hair have more detergent than shampoos for nonoily hair. Detergents can make hair less manageable and cause it to lose body. Shampoos with more detergents may also come with "conditioners" which remain on hair even after rinsing, to prevent hair from being completely stripped of oils.

Yes, it really depends on your hair type. You should wash your hair whenever it starts to feel greasy or dirty. I wash my hair everyday, because if I dont, then it feels a bit weighed down. It's best to use a natural shampoo. I like to use products from Aveda. The Sap Moss one is extremely good to add a great balance of moisture to you hair. If your hair is oily, than you should wash it everyday. If it is dry, then every 2-3 days. Normal is everyday, or every 2 days. :-) glad I could help you out!
5ayuri
I used to wash it every day and it didn't do anything bad to my hair. Now I skip a day sometimes because I'm too lazy.
AnnahhbeL
I wash my hair everyday.
If I don't, it gets all greasy..and stuff..
xMayleex
Every other day I wash it, if I wash it to often it goes all dry and horrible and if I don't wash it it's goes greasy which is just ew.

I know some girl who didn't wash her hair from a Sunday to the following Friday .. it's just gross and bad personal hygiene.
StanleyThePanda
Every other day. For my hair type, if I washed it everyday it would get too dry and start breaking.
This Confession
every other day......

^agree
x__rilind
generally every day. the perfect distance between washing for me would be about a day and a half, but that doesn't work out very well schedule wise.
ikn0wurm0m
everyday
is that bad?
flc
Everyday, and I condition it everyday as well.
synthase
I wash my hair every other day, but in the summer, i wash it everyday :]
nopattern
i put everyday. i usually wash it everyday except for friday and sometimes saturday. my hair gets oily quick. but it usually looks better the second day after i wash it so yeah. :/
oooitzsharon
QUOTE(peggysturr @ May 1 2006, 9:25 PM) *

i learned in physiology that your hair is pretty much dead already. but yeah. i agree, wash it every other day. your natural hair oils are good for you! cool.gif
msladyliberty
Every other day...I don't want to dry my hair out pinch.gif
xblueradiance
I wash my hair every other day most of the time. If I feel like washing it two days in a row, I only use conditioner (my hair is really curly.. so yeah).
Intoxique
I use to wash it everyday then my hair got hella oily & nasty. So I stopped now I wash every other day _smile.gif.
Crich323
Well I'm somebody who sweats easily, so I think I could use one everyday! sweating.gif
The only day I might skip a shower on is Saturday b/c I'm super lazy.
emazing
I have to wash my hair at least everyday; I'm really iffy about not getting it washed because it turns all oily and such and blehh.
Gypsy Eyes
Everyday. I think it's disgusting to skip a day.
My Cinderella.
Every 2 days. Sometimes I don't wanna go through all the hassle of washing it, drying it, and combing it.
WHOngos144
I wash my hair everyday or else it will get too greasy.
marzipan
every other day or every 2 days
magicfann
i washed my hair twice a day for one week and it felt great

*starts to feel gay*
dreamerOi
Everyday cause if I was it every other day or more it just smells and gets oily. But if I wash it every morning its nice and shiny ^_^
chasingvictory
when i take a shower... thats when i wash my hair! so thats every morning. blink.gif is there people who take a shower and don't wash thier hair?
AnnahhbeL
yes. When they use a shower cap.
jenn_jenny
it head starts to itch if i wash it every other day..
so i wash it everry day happy.gif
much2muse
it depends. if i don't feel like getting up in the morning and my hair looks clean, i won't wash it. but if it looks crappy, i'll take one everyday. ::shrugs::

so mostly every other day or every 2 days.
iheartjohn
Every other day.
torey
Every other day, as it allows for my hair's natural oils to build up, which is perfectly healthy.

Also, I hope you all know, LICE is attracted to VERY CLEAN HAIR.
disco infiltrator
My hairdresser told me to wash it every three days (skipping two in between), otherwise, my hair dries up. It's very thick and frizzy, so washing it not so often helps my hair to moisturize itself.

And, people:
We aren't saying we're skipping taking a shower. mellow.gif Just shampooing. Taking a shower isn't washing your hair, it's just getting it wet. Shampoo washes your hair, conditioner makes it soft and un-knotty.
magicfann
wow thanks for bumping this dead pos
aubbob
everyday.
if i don't my hair will be greasy the next day. pinch.gif
oXMuhNirvanaXo
everyday....

O_o
xlilaznchickx
i wash it every other day...
linkinpark11grl
Every Other Day... and i use a Conditioner everytime i take a shower.
31miracles
every mornin' because if i don't i half my hair stinks up and half doesn't
doork
Everyday.
FLIPFL0PED
Everyday. I hate it when my hair becomes oily.
Melissawilson5
I wash my hair every second day
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.