Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: piercings
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
typh-a-knee
Kay so; I either want to get my labret, my monroe or my tongue pierced.
But I'm such a little scaredy cat and uhm... yeah I'm scared; for lack of a better term lol.
Anyways; I have a point behind this thread, I promise, uhm do you have any piercings and did they hurt and what would be any advice that you'd give to someone who's about to get pierced?
technicolour
Moved to Health?
typh-a-knee
Eh thanks.
I wasn't sure where to put it.
technicolour
It's cool.

My friend got her tongue pierced, and she said she had slight swelling and really only ate/drank liquid/soft stuff the first few days.

Once I graduate, I reaalllyy want to get my tongue pierced, but, I doubt I will. Too scared.
typh-a-knee
I want to get my tongue pierced but I don't like the image it portrays.
misoshiru
I've only gotten my ears pierced, but they didn't hurt at all for me. My friend had her navel pierced and she said it felt like a small pinch.

But I knew this girl who told me that when she had her tongue pierced, it got infected and it was completely disgusting. Her tongue swelled up, and think about it, when your ears get infected, there's pus. Imagine pus in your mouth. sick.gif
Paradox of Life
My friend pierced her lip by herself and said it didn't hurt at all. I asked a few people with lip piercings at the mall (because I'm considering it myself) if it hurt and most of them said no or it depends on your pain tolerence. I've gotten both my ears pierced twice, and obviously it doesn't hurt at all, so I can't really give much input on facial or body piercings. You can find a lot of information here: http://tattoo.about.com/od/bodypiercing101...?terms=piercing
Rachel
I just got my nose pierced of Friday. It didn't really hurt, it just felt wicked weird. You really do need to keep on the cleaning of it though, you don't want any infections. It is hard not to touch it though =[
adurf
QUOTE(Paradox of Life @ Apr 30 2006, 10:52 AM) *
My friend pierced her lip by herself and said it didn't hurt at all.
mine too. blink.gif anyhoo. i got my ears pierced (lobe) and it didnt hurt, but my friend said cartilage piercings hurt =x
think!IMAGINARILY
i've heard that if you get a tongue piercing in the wrong spot on your tongue, you could die.

i doubt that it's true though.
misoshiru
QUOTE(Rachel is love @ Apr 30 2006, 11:10 PM) *
I just got my nose pierced of Friday. It didn't really hurt, it just felt wicked weird. You really do need to keep on the cleaning of it though, you don't want any infections. It is hard not to touch it though =[

OMG. You got your nose pierced? I want to see picturessss.
islandgirl4eva
Rachel, I want to see that piercing!

My friend got her nose pierced recently, too. She keeps sticking her finger in her nose to touch the bottom of the stud. Haha. I catch her all the time and tell her it looks like she's picking her nose. :P
gelionie
Refer to this topic:
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103077
starlette
I got my tongue peirced when I was 17. It barely hurt until like, after it was peirced, but since I was hiding it from my family I was eating solid foods that day. I got over the pain really quick. It wasnt that bad. But take care of it. I knew a dude who got his labret peirced and it wore a weak spot into his gums. He had to take it out pinch.gif If ur gonna get a peircing I would reccomend tongue because its easy to hide cuz its not all out there on your face, and theres not risk of scarring, and it heals up super fast like it was never there. So 10 years from now u wont have a scar where ur chin was peirced.
typh-a-knee
QUOTE(niez_cho @ May 3 2006, 8:29 AM) *

Thanks a bunch, love.
x__rilind
i'd say the monroe's a lot more unique.

^and vertical labrets reduce the risk of any gum wear.
EATENalive.
Aha, I have my lip pierced; I pierced it myself.
It took me awhile to get it through,
and you have to be aware of where you are sticking the needle and be careful of any viens.
Other than that, It didn't hurt.
It swelled for the first few days.
kimmytree
I've heard that getting your tounge pierced is more dangerous. Supposedly, some people are very prone to getting some type of infection, which spreads to your heart and causes damage. Of course thats really rare, but there's no way of knowing if your one who's likely to get it.

QUOTE(EATENalive. @ Nov 18 2006, 10:06 AM) *
Aha, I have my lip pierced; I pierced it myself.
It took me awhile to get it through,
and you have to be aware of where you are sticking the needle and be careful of any viens.
Other than that, It didn't hurt.
It swelled for the first few days.

OH MY GOD. pinch.gif

Ahh sorry. I just cant imagine someone doing that.
luvnhate
i have my nose pierced and it did hurt at first but u just have to take care of ur piercing no matter what u get pierced. You just got to take care of it and clean it properly or it would get infected and trust me IT WILL HURT REALLY BAD
<trust me i have xpierence>

but it won't hurt because they put enough numbingness. trust me i've been with friends to get there labret/toungue pierced so just bear the pain just for a little. but don't be scared. just take a deep breath.
x1227x
my auntie got her tongue pierced. she took it off for some reason and she let it healed. i didn't know that she had her tongue pierced until she told me. it didn't even look like she had it on. she told me it didn't really hurt. but thats just her. =P
breakingdawn
QUOTE(adurf @ Apr 30 2006, 10:17 AM) *
mine too. blink.gif anyhoo. i got my ears pierced (lobe) and it didnt hurt, but my friend said cartilage piercings hurt =x

my cartilage piercing didn't hurt at all, which is kindof strange because like everyone i know who has it done said it hurt a lot. but honestly, no pain at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.