Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Introducing CB stats!
Forums > News and Announcements > Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
micron
More than two years ago, it was my pleasure to introduce to the blogging community the first ever Xanga visitor tracker. Now I'm pleased to announce a more robust tracker that not only tracks Xanga, but also Myspace, Livejournal, Blogger, and more - up to three total per account! Here's a sample of how the tracker looks like.

GET YOUR OWN TRACKER NOW! (MEMBERS ONLY)

FEATURES
-Supports Myspace, Xanga, Livejournal, and more
-Up to three trackers per account
-Daily and monthly totals (unique + pageviews)
-Individual hit details (username, destination, referrer, location, ip, time of visit)
-Top visitors, destinations, and referrals
-Different timezone support
-Public or private stats (viewable to everyone vs yourself)
-Geostats! (see where your visitors are coming from on a map!)
-Very very easy to use!
-DOES NOT SUPPORT USERNAMES FOR MYSPACE

COMING SOON
-JS code to display most recent / top visitors in your blogs

PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK!
If you have ideas to further improve the tracker, let me know! And yes, I love you too! =D
smrkangl
this is simply beyond awesome! =D
demolished
^
Indeed.

Micron's stats is going to pwn every Xanga tracker out there :]
jerdst
this is better then whosonyourpage site
this is awsome indeed
PrincessAda
This is one of the BEST trackers I`ve heard of. _smile.gif
JustAnotherTeenageLoser
Oh, cool! Yay, thanks =)
biax3
im real excited about this.
tanichick
Wow, this is awesome, really! Awesome job, that must've taken a lot of time _smile.gif . Just wondering, but is there any possible way to create one for myspace?

EDIT:

ohh whoops "not only tracks Xanga, but also Myspace, Livejournal, Blogger, and more"
*smacks self in the head*

lol

THIS Is the COOLEST THING EVER! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))) lol
xklipse
QUOTE(xbabyboo @ Apr 16 2006, 2:10 PM) *
This is one of the BEST trackers I`ve heard of. _smile.gif

I agree, I have used cB Stats since the begining of April (staff trial), and I MUST say that it's the best trackers I had so far. And believe me, I think I have used ALL the trackers there is out there, and this must be the best one I have up to date.
micron
thanks for all the wonderful feedback guys! let me know if you find a bug! =)
merc
looks awesome indeed...

time to spreaddddd the worrrddd! biggrin.gif
subway
shouldnt you make it with people 100 posts or more?
people may just join to get the tracker which is not really ...
micron
QUOTE(merc @ Apr 16 2006, 9:06 PM) *
looks awesome indeed...

time to spreaddddd the worrrddd! biggrin.gif

theres still way more interesting things on the way that i didnt mention here! but yes, please do spread the word, especially to the myspace community! =)

QUOTE(subway @ Apr 16 2006, 9:07 PM) *
shouldnt you make it with people 100 posts or more?
people may just join to get the tracker which is not really ...

sorry, this tool will be available for everyone. part of the reason the original xanga tracker didnt really become popular was because it was exclusively for official members. and mind you, this was way before all the other trackers you see today... xtracker, suhuck, etc.
pali
hey i think this is really cool. but maybe u should add a thing where u can also c whose vistiting ur profile.
jennyjenny
^ your profile? for what?

This is pretty cool. There will now be more trackers everywhere! Though, it's kind of annoying when people have trackers cause when I go to their site, they comment me back saying "heyyyy u came 2 my site but u didnt pr0p me" or something along those lines.
OriskybusinessO
i love this. thank you.
add1cted2f1re
i hate this

this is so rude... its a complete invasion of privacy.. it shows EVERYBODY's IP adress

i dont think that should be displayed
micron
^
hi, thanks for your concerns.

its a common misconception that revealing your ip is a security risk when its not. but i understand that some users might feel their privacy has been invaded. ill consider finding an alternative way for displaying the stats for non-owners.
Relentless
How awesome ! This is going to go really great since it's able to used for almost practically anything?!!? o.O I'm going to try it. (=
pali
hey why is everyone anonymous?
luvkills
QUOTE(add1cted2f1re @ Apr 16 2006, 9:28 PM) *
i hate this

this is so rude... its a complete invasion of privacy.. it shows EVERYBODY's IP adress

i dont think that should be displayed

then don't use it.

isn't it against myspace rules? I thought your couldnt use a tracker on myspace...
wind&fire
^ hey i havent seen you in ages
silent whisper
QUOTE(luvkills @ Apr 17 2006, 1:06 AM) *
then don't use it.

isn't it against myspace rules? I thought your couldnt use a tracker on myspace...

you can have myspace trackers. i know plenty of people who do.

and ehh for that add1cted2f1re kidd;; you don't have to make it visible to the visitors.. wacko.gif eh?
juicycouture19
This is a rad tracker && I like it.
luvkills
QUOTE(silent whisper @ Apr 17 2006, 2:34 AM) *
you can have myspace trackers. i know plenty of people who do.

and ehh for that add1cted2f1re kidd;; you don't have to make it visible to the visitors.. wacko.gif eh?

Yea..read the myspace terms of service...
well it is because if somebody get's you'r ip address they can do a port scan and hack your computer. but and link you click on on the web gives your ip address cause when you connect to a website or if a picture load's on your browser it is connecting to a server threw your ip address. i dont know exactly how it works but i know if somebody has your ip address they can hack you. its kinda f**kin stupid because nobodies gonna get hacked from a tracker cause there would be too many people using them but im not the one deleting people so i cant really say anything.

QUOTE(wind&fire @ Apr 17 2006, 12:09 AM) *
^ hey i havent seen you in ages

yea I kind of got bored with everything
luvkills
asdadfsadfsaf there should be a delete message button here.
LiLShorty6935
[/size][/color][color=#993399]I just got the tracker for myspace and I put the code in the about me section like it said, but now i have a problem. how do I see it? I set it as private for only me to see but Im kind of confused cuzz I cant see it...can sum1 please help me!?
omgstfugah
Hey I was wondering why it says anonymous for all my visitors? Isn't it supposed to show their user name or something?
luvkills
Maybe its broke? All it shows is the destination, doesn't show who viewed it.
ApocalypseAelis
Wow, I love this! This is really useful. Thanks.
pandamonium
yes now i can finally find my stalkers ahaha lol. you guys are amazing.

yea it doesnt say who visited just the ip address.
xHittheswitch
It's a great tool. Unfortunately, It doesn't seem to show who exactly is viewing the page as of this moment. At least on mine it isnt.
RCKstarh
i absolutely love da person who made it
micron
QUOTE(pali @ Apr 17 2006, 12:35 AM) *
hey why is everyone anonymous?

sorry, only the xanga tracker supports this feature.

QUOTE(luvkills @ Apr 17 2006, 10:51 AM) *
Yea..read the myspace terms of service...
well it is because if somebody get's you'r ip address they can do a port scan and hack your computer. but and link you click on on the web gives your ip address cause when you connect to a website or if a picture load's on your browser it is connecting to a server threw your ip address. i dont know exactly how it works but i know if somebody has your ip address they can hack you. its kinda f**kin stupid because nobodies gonna get hacked from a tracker cause there would be too many people using them but im not the one deleting people so i cant really say anything.
yea I kind of got bored with everything

hi!
thanks for the tip.

i briefed through the myspace tos, and i couldnt find anything that said it was illegal to generate aggregate statistics for your profile - and cb stats (atleast the myspace version) is just that. section8 lists the content / activities that are prohibited, but mentions that it isnt an exhaustive list.

as for ips - every time youre online, whether you know it or not, your subject to hackers scanning random ips for vulnerabilities. ofcourse exposing your ip increases the risk that someone may target you specifically. although i think that increased risk is really insignificant, for the next batch of update, im going to make it so that only the owner of the stats may view the ips if the stats are set to public (where everyone can view them).

QUOTE(LiLShorty6935 @ Apr 17 2006, 2:10 PM) *
[/size][/color][color=#993399]I just got the tracker for myspace and I put the code in the about me section like it said, but now i have a problem. how do I see it? I set it as private for only me to see but Im kind of confused cuzz I cant see it...can sum1 please help me!?

hi! thanks for joining the site!

all you have to go to is http://www.createblog.com/stats/. if youre logged in, it will display YOUR statistics, not the default "sample" one. now go tell your friends about this tool!

QUOTE(omgstfugah @ Apr 17 2006, 4:55 PM) *
Hey I was wondering why it says anonymous for all my visitors? Isn't it supposed to show their user name or something?

hi! thanks for joining the site! the myspace cb stats doesnt support logging usernames. all it does it collects the traffic in aggregate format to display. now go tell your friends about this tool!

QUOTE(Hit The Switch @ Apr 17 2006, 10:04 PM) *
It's a great tool. Unfortunately, It doesn't seem to show who exactly is viewing the page as of this moment. At least on mine it isnt.

Please read my previous response. =)
xHittheswitch
Thanks! :]
micron
QUOTE(carnelliz2sexy @ Apr 17 2006, 10:07 PM) *
i absolutely love da person who made it

i love you too! =D
jerdst
how come all my viewers have my profile url but diff ip numbers?
i put it in the about me section in myspace?
tobeyum
it logs me. dont it suppose to log visitors only?
luvkills
QUOTE(micron @ Apr 17 2006, 11:34 PM) *
sorry, only the xanga tracker supports this feature.
hi!
thanks for the tip.

i briefed through the myspace tos, and i couldnt find anything that said it was illegal to generate aggregate statistics for your profile - and cb stats (atleast the myspace version) is just that. section8 lists the content / activities that are prohibited, but mentions that it isnt an exhaustive list.

as for ips - every time youre online, whether you know it or not, your subject to hackers scanning random ips for vulnerabilities. ofcourse exposing your ip increases the risk that someone may target you specifically. although i think that increased risk is really insignificant, for the next batch of update, im going to make it so that only the owner of the stats may view the ips if the stats are set to public (where everyone can view them).
hi! thanks for joining the site!

all you have to go to is http://www.createblog.com/stats/. if youre logged in, it will display YOUR statistics, not the default "sample" one. now go tell your friends about this tool!
hi! thanks for joining the site! the myspace cb stats doesnt support logging usernames. all it does it collects the traffic in aggregate format to display. now go tell your friends about this tool!
Please read my previous response. =)

Well thank you!!
tegan.trejo@gmail.com
darnit
i really wanted to be able to know who was looking at mysite.
will the tracker ever support myspace username identity? :]
Panicinmypants
Hi, I would like to use this but everytime I go to get the code, it won't let me and I'm a memeber of createblog and even after I sign in it still won't let me. my createblog id is panicinmypants
Gracie___x3
awesome code... laugh.gif

i've been looking for something like this for a while.

thanks a bunch. happy.gif
xdatsexiinenax
you.are.simply.the.best. :]
demolished
Jusun, does div aligning works on JS code?

I'm just curious about it since i never used JS code.
luvkills
I would like it alot better if you could see whos looking at your page on myspace like the xanga one.
stargazerforeverrr
oh my gosh, thank you so much!!! this has helped me to see why my profile views have been going up like crazy, come to find out its some guy who likes me hahaha thanks soooooooo much!! cool.gif
paglie
awsome
thanxxx
SunnyDeex
thats awesome!!! cool.gif
lupita
this is so kool it helps out a lot! thnx! biggrin.gif i'll spread the word 2 my friends! group.gif
Just 'Nota Krkkr'd
Woot this is great love it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.