I know the lounge is supposed to be relaxing -- to enjoy yourself talking about non-web related things... but I had to get this notice out.

Please help stop seal-hunting in Canada. It just takes a few seconds to fill out this form, which would include you in a petition that will be hand-delivered to the new prime minister of Canada, to advocate banning of such a cruel act.

Every year in Canada, more than 350,000 seals are beat to death by metal pipes or clubs. Over 97% of seals killed are are baby seals, unable to even attempt to move away from the hunters. These seals are not shot to death (no way, that would mean the hunters have to spend money on bullets and provide the seals with a painless, humane death), they are bludgeoned bloody until they pass out or die. The seals have no means of escape from the hunters, and must suffer a most horrendous and painful death.

The cause for this atrocity is the demand for fur, seal fur included. Some seals are even skinned while still alive/conscious. With the election of the new prime minister, we now have a chance to act and pursuade him to put a ban on seal-hunting. Please just take a moment to sign the petition. All it asks for is your first & last name, bday, and email. It's not much, but because some of us can't take action into our own hands, it's the least we can do to help.

P.S. I have nothing agains the Canadians, mind you, the locals are also against this act of extreme violence.