Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zanga?
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
xklipse
I'm wondering if you guys are familiar with this site, because it has alot of createblog's layouts on it. Do they have/need permission to do this?

http://www.xanga-layouts.org
Libertie
They don't have permission, actually. This is a website we're trying to deal with, but I'm assuming the administrators haven't gotten a reply yet. But since I last looked, there are even more of our layouts up. Thanks. =\

I'm pretty sure all these are ours, and there are still more: http://www.xanga-layouts.org/alcohol+xanga+layouts.htm
hi-C
No, they don't have permission. Thanks for pointing this out.

Dang, Dani beat me to it happy.gif
Libertie
^laugh.gif

Actually, I take that back. This is a new website. Unless they have the same owner, the two sites seem to be using pretty much the same code, because the contact link just takes you to another website. Anyway, thanks again.
xklipse
oh, no problem ^^
demolished
that host must provide the link from createblog.
jeung
we are in the process of reporting this to their host.
xklipse
ah.
how about this?
http://www.xangacity.com
Libertie
Okay, so basically they put the author's screenname name but don't link to CB? Yeah, that's not okay. Well, even if they did link to CB it's still not okay, as far as I know the layouts are not for redistribution. Thanks again.
xklipse
no problem xD I friend keep on sending me these sites over aim. I don't mind, I just wonder if createblog mind >.<
OneOfTheseDayz
Yea I can not believe people would make these sites....... Thay really don't know who they are messing with. Though I live by one simple rule is it ain't createblog then it aint creative..........
gelionie
sorry for BUMPing this... but I wonder why the layouts are still up on
http://www.zangacity.com/ (they changed their name from xangacity to zangacity)
IVIike
http://www.myspaceus.net/

the yalso have a lot of cB's layouts
Infinite.
A ton of places have createblog layouts guys. There isn't really any way to get them to take them off, because someones going around selling createblog layouts in layout packs around the net. They don't take off the credit and its kind of annoying because they use all the exact code from on here and it has all the images from createblog too.

There isn't anything we can do, since a lot of sites are buying these layout packs and their not going to take off the layouts since they paid for them and they have all the credit in it so they don't see a point in taking them off.
Simba
On the bright side, consider it publicity for the designers.
demolished
QUOTE(Infinite. @ Dec 26 2006, 7:58 PM) *
A ton of places have createblog layouts guys. There isn't really any way to get them to take them off, because someones going around selling createblog layouts in layout packs around the net. They don't take off the credit and its kind of annoying because they use all the exact code from on here and it has all the images from createblog too.

There isn't anything we can do, since a lot of sites are buying these layout packs and their not going to take off the layouts since they paid for them and they have all the credit in it so they don't see a point in taking them off.

Is it possible to sue them for money? _smile.gif

and oh yeah, we should have cb images url to change every once in a while. happy.gif
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(Spiritual Winged Aura @ Dec 27 2006, 12:01 AM) *
Is it possible to sue them for money? _smile.gif

Probably not. I mean, it's not like cB has them legally copyrighted..

QUOTE(Spiritual Winged Aura @ Dec 27 2006, 12:01 AM) *
and oh yeah, we should have cb images url to change every once in a while. happy.gif

Hmm. The thing is.. What will the people who use the layouts do? I mean, they use the images and stuff so if the URLs change, the images won't show up and they'd come back to cB and bitch at everyone..
demolished
Exactly. We'll warn them that we'll change the url once in a while. The image will say, "Please go to createblog.com for free layouts and update". We’ll remind members to add layouts as favorite, just in case if they still want the same layout.

This will save money, space, and bandwidth. The method will expand createblog and decrease the chance of people buying createblog layouts.
think!IMAGINARILY
Hmm. I like that idea! _smile.gif
83RN15
this is silly but lol it might help
how about making some kind of password thing..
so that only members of CB could have acces to the layouts
and in order to copy the code you have to enter a
password lol
Infinite.
Yea I think a while ago someone suggested making the layouts only to members, but the thing is some people only come for the layouts and such so its kind of a burden.
-shrugs- I don't see any problem against it though. I like your idea Steven about the whole url change and stuff. It sounds interesting and like a good idea.
demolished
Yep. Thanks all.

For an example, wikipedia.com. Everyday, Wikipedia changed all their url. They must have a program that automatically changed url.

Yeah, cB should have its own headline on every page to notify people about stealing, scamming, and profits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.