Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sheryl crow and lance armstrong split
Forums > Community Center > Music
Teesa
Lance Armstrong & Sheryl Crow Split

February 3, 2006

In another shocking celebrity breakup, LANCE ARMSTRONG and SHERYL CROW have split, according to People magazine. The seven-time Tour de France bicycling champion and the rockstar musician got engaged in September 2005, when Armstrong proposed to Crow in Sun Valley, ID, not long after he retired from the pro circuit in July. He and Crow officially became an item back in early 2004.

"After much thought and consideration we have made a very tough decision to split up. We both have a deep love and respect for each other and we ask that everyone respect our privacy during this very difficult time," a joint statement released to People through Armstrong's spokesman read.

Armstrong, 33, has a son and two twin daughters from a previous marriage. Grammy winner Crow, 42, has previously been linked to ERIC CLAPTON, OWEN WILSON and KID ROCK.

The couple spoke to BARBARA WALTERS last November, when Armstrong was named one of Walters' "Most Fascinating People." While showing off her six-carat diamond engagement ring, the two talked about what drew them together.

"She's hot," Lance said. "I saw that!"

But Sheryl said she just knew he was the one. "I think sometimes you meet people and they just strike such a familiar chord with you," she said. "I just thought I had known him forever."

Lance also spoke to our KEVIN FRAZIER about his love for Crow in August 2005, saying, "We plan on having a long future together."

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/13828/

fallen.gif Aw, I'm truly shocked. What are your thoughts?
mzkandi
I didnt even know they were engaged.... blink.gif
Saeglopur
Aw~ I thought they were going to last. cry.gif
Gigi
What the hell?! I did NOT see that coming.

They looked like they were so in love, like it was gonna work out, too. Eh.
KissMe2408
Egah,
people, stop getting divorced!!!
:(
It's starting to drive me crazy.
I feel really bad.
I thought they were going to last too :(
illumineering
I'm not really into Cheryl, so I think it's all for the better. I'd love to see Lance come out of retirement and win another Tour to tell all of those critics STFU! Go Lance!
simx
QUOTE(gigiopolis @ Feb 4 2006, 10:15 PM)
What the hell?! I did NOT see that coming.

They looked like they were so in love, like it was gonna work out, too. Eh.

ditto....
Programmer
damn to bad...
smrkangl
They seemed so perfect for each other, and out of the blue...they split up. sad.gif
_sarcastic_
QUOTE(mzkandi @ Feb 4 2006, 9:09 PM)
I didnt even know they were engaged.... blink.gif

me neither
but why did they want to split up, they still love each other
technicolour
You should have seen the Austin news when this came out.

Everryyonneee in austin was shocked.

It seemed so random too. Which I suppose is why it's so shocking.
mona lisa
Wow. This is the one couple I thought would actually last long, maybe even a lifetime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.