Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you read fanfictions?
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Writing
Pages: 1, 2
Retrogressive
No topics like this I think... some similiar... but... anyway.

I'm interested, how old are you and what kinds of fanfictions do you read? Do you think it's immature?
OneOfTheseDayz
I somtimes read the ones at fanfictions.net ( i think thats the right url)
pshaa.shauna
NO!

Of course I don't read fanfictions!!!

Blow_Don't_SUCK
YES I READ FANFIC! lol but I don't see how it is immature. I mean it's like writing stories using adapted characters or plotlines.
Retrogressive
I've actually read a few extremely good fanfictions. Good characterizations et cetera... oh yes and fanfiction.net is horrible.

Hahahaha Shauna... hahaha... shifty.gif

JEEZ! MY BRAIN JUST DIED BECAUSE OF YOUR AVATAR.
(don't you ever change that thing, I shall nor permit you.)
mipadi
I used to write fanfiction. blush.gif The way I got into writing was by writing Star Wars short stories based on the Young Jedi Knights series of books. My friends and I envisioned ourselves as Jedi Knights and wrote short stories based on our "adventures". It had little literary merit, but it did act as a springboard into "legitimate" writing.
pshaa.shauna
Don't worry I won't.

Ha, I have never written fanfiction, except for this odd harry potter one that made fun of everyone my friends and i worked on...I can't beleive I forgot about! I wonder if I still have it...

Yes, I read a whole lot of Star Wars fanfictions. The books and movies aren't enough, I love Star Wars.
Retrogressive
QUOTE(mipadi @ Feb 2 2006, 6:38 PM)
I used to write fanfiction. blush.gif The way I got into writing was by writing Star Wars short stories based on the Young Jedi Knights series of books. My friends and I envisioned ourselves as Jedi Knights and wrote short stories based on our "adventures". It had little literary merit, but it did act as a springboard into "legitimate" writing.

Now, that is something I would seriously read.

QUOTE([pshaa]shauna @ Feb 2 2006, 6:41 PM)
Don't worry I won't.
Ha, I have never written fanfiction, except for this odd harry potter one that made fun of everyone my friends and i worked on...I can't beleive I forgot about! I wonder if I still have it...
Yes, I read a whole lot of Star Wars fanfictions. The books and movies aren't enough, I love Star Wars.

'chelle and I have decided to combine our HP genius. We're ganna attempt.... attempt the seventh book.... (cringes)
Zatanna
Proudly. biggrin.gif I don't see how any type of creative expression (especially writing - even if based on fandom) could be deemed as silly.

Fanfiction.net has some great reads. (I'm guilty of much Batman and Wonder Woman fanfic reading. laugh.gif I can't help it, they're meant to be darnit!)
pshaa.shauna
QUOTE(Retrogressive @ Feb 2 2006, 6:43 PM)
'chelle and I have decided to combine our HP genius. We're ganna attempt.... attempt the seventh book.... (cringes)

!!!

I must read this you know. You will let me! YOU WILL!
Retrogressive
QUOTE(Zatanna @ Feb 2 2006, 6:48 PM)
Proudly.  biggrin.gif  I don't see how any type of creative expression (especially writing - even if based on fandom) could be deemed as silly. 

Fanfiction.net has some great reads.  (I'm guilty of much Batman and Wonder Woman fanfic reading.  laugh.gif I can't help it, they're meant to be darnit!)

I bet Batman fics are good.

QUOTE([pshaa]shauna @ Feb 2 2006, 6:57 PM)
!!!

I must read this you know. You will let me! YOU WILL!

I'll PM you the link to the un-michelle-edited version. You can help too!!!
pshaa.shauna
^WOOT!

QUOTE(Zatanna @ Feb 2 2006, 6:48 PM)
Proudly.  biggrin.gif  I don't see how any type of creative expression (especially writing - even if based on fandom) could be deemed as silly. 

Fanfiction.net has some great reads.  (I'm guilty of much Batman and Wonder Woman fanfic reading.  laugh.gif I can't help it, they're meant to be darnit!)

Haha, I'm not much of a batman person, but I love Robin. Of course, if it comes to Teen Titans.... BB and Tara Forever!
Zatanna
laugh.gif There is a ton of BB/Tara fan fic over at fanfiction.net.
talcumpowder
I don't and my account isn't here. XD
14... Shonen-ai. Yup.
Retrogressive
QUOTE(Zatanna @ Feb 2 2006, 7:10 PM)
laugh.gif  There is a ton of BB/Tara fan fic over at fanfiction.net.

*looks at myspace*

ARE YOU A FAN OF JOSS WHEDON??

Zatanna
^ Obsessively so laugh.gif
pshaa.shauna
OMFG LINDA BELLE YOU LIKE JOSS WHEDON??

*dies*

Joss Whedon is a genius!

And Nicholas Brendon is the hottest thing ever. Besides Draco that is.

Zatanna, I think I love you. Seriously.
stephinika
yess i dooo...not as much as i used to, but i still do on the occasion. rolleyes.gif
it used to be mostly anime, but now sometimes i read hp stuff. laugh.gif hehe...ahh, 'tis fun.
Levy2k6
i never heard of fanfictions but it sounds interesting....
Blow_Don't_SUCK
QUOTE(Levy2k6 @ Feb 2 2006, 9:25 PM)
i never heard of fanfictions but it sounds interesting....

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
AnnahhbeL
nope..
silver-rain
Hmm, yeah I used to read Harry Potter fanfic...
But I stopped so I don't anymore.
lilliannnn
I read HP. D/Hr or H/Hr.
WickedDreamer
QUOTE([pshaa]shauna @ Feb 2 2006, 7:14 PM)
Joss Whedon is a genius!
And Nicholas Brendon is the hottest thing ever.

So true! Le sigh!

Anyway, I read and write and beta fanfiction. I need a hobby.
pshaa.shauna
Now, how the hell did the bracket in my name not end the quote funny that time, but all the other times?

Weird.

[/end spam]
Blow_Don't_SUCK
I read lemons..sometimes.
Retrogressive
JOSS WHEDON BUFFY HARRY POTTER FIREFLY

*screams like a fangirl*

And who are you people.... and why AREN'T WE FRIENDS?!?!?!?!

P.S. Shauna is Rad.
silver-rain
QUOTE(lilliannnn @ Feb 2 2006, 9:54 PM)
I read HP. D/Hr or H/Hr.

Yeah, I liked the Draco/Hermione pairing best. Those would usually be the only ones that I would read.
Retrogressive
D/HP.......
Zatanna
Wha? laugh.gif I prefer reading about Hermoine/Ron since it is *cough* canon *cough* tongue.gif
Smoogrish
Not really.. the only sort of thing I read daily are the topics in CB, people's xangas, and MegaTokyo. I love that comic. It's awesome.
pshaa.shauna
QUOTE(Retrogressive @ Feb 2 2006, 10:33 PM)
JOSS WHEDON BUFFY HARRY POTTER FIREFLY

*screams like a fangirl*

*screams too*

I have the entire series on box set of Buffy. I am obsessed.

QUOTE(Retrogressive @ Feb 2 2006, 10:33 PM)
P.S. Shauna is Rad.

Psh, not as Rad as you.

QUOTE(Zatanna @ Feb 2 2006, 10:57 PM)
Wha?  laugh.gif  I prefer reading about Hermoine/Ron since it is *cough* canon *cough*  tongue.gif

Heck yes! Ron/Hermoine forever! *high fives*
angelrevelation
i read harry potter ones laugh.gif they're just so addicting... and i write my own too lolz
Retrogressive
Wha?  laugh.gif  I prefer reading about Hermoine/Ron since it is *cough* canon *cough*  tongue.gif

D/HP forevvveeerrrrrr. It could *totally* be canon.......... *totally*

*le sigh*

anyhoot, you guys need to DISPLAY your fanfiction.

And Shauna is radder. shifty.gif

Oh yes, and when we proclaimed Joss Whedon as GOD, I thought of Oz's Halloween costume.......
lilliannnn
QUOTE(Retrogressive @ Feb 2 2006, 10:56 PM)
D/HP.......

shifty.gif

Haha, it's so boring!
Retrogressive
*waves arms in air at lilliannnn*
I do believe, I've found my new best friend.
My Cinderella.
http://fanfiction.net Do you post your stories up there? Or am I the only one? laugh.gif
Kathleen
I haven't posted any, but I've read a few. My sister reads a lot of Orgy ones. XD.gif
My Cinderella.
I post my TSL stories there. rolleyes.gif
clarissa
I've read a few stories from there but sometimes it pisses me off. A lot of the characters I read are so Mary-Sue-ish and sometimes the way the characters are written makes me gag 'cause it's so OUT of character, you know? Which is why I'm not so fond of fan fiction, but I have read a few good ones.
soEXCLUSIVE
^ What they said about Mary-Sues. I [used to] write and read fanfiction there too, but stories start to suck if they introduce new characters that seem perfect and get the guy when there's already so many characters that you can just play around with.
My Cinderella.
I never got what Mary-Sue meant. Is it a bad thing?
broken inside
I have one story up
soEXCLUSIVE
QUOTE(My Cinderella. @ Aug 14 2006, 5:50 PM) *
I never got what Mary-Sue meant. Is it a bad thing?

It's when the author puts themself in as a character. Not always bad, but it's a Mary-Sue when they make the character perfect, all-powerful, etc. If there's some hot character in the picture, yeah, they get them too. I tried to make this gender-neutral but I'm pretty sure it's mostly girls (there's a male version but I forgot it =X). So yeah, it's pretty bad. I'm guessing they're pretty predictable too.
My Cinderella.
^ I dislike putting myself into the story, it just kills the whole story if I interfered--if that makes sense.

Sometimes I get review and I don't even know what reviewers say sometimes. This one girl told me she liked how I kept my characters OC.

shrug.gif
My Cinderella.
^ That's good! Give it a few days, let the readers come...shifty.gif Link me?
femmefatale4160
I've a read a few good stories, but I hate most fanfiction. I should write my own.
Mandy Pants
AHH! I LOVE FANFICTION.

I used to read it alllll the time at fanfiction.net but then all their posts started getting a little sick.

So I switched over to mugglenet.com and darkmark.com

=]

I'm a DM/GW shipper myself.

wub.gif
Selv
I only read them when im demanded to by my g/f otherwize i HATE Them laugh.gif _dry.gif
Mandy Pants
I've never DEMANDED you read them.

When was that? eh? eh??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.