Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2006 hip-hop predictions
Forums > Community Center > Music
Statistik
Here are my predictions...hmm..

G-Unit will keep selling records no matter what.

The South is gonna keep doing it big. (Especially Texas)

Nas will have a quiet year, but he'll remain "Decent" as he always was.

The Game's new album won't be as good as "The Documentary"

Omarion will admit that he and Bow Wow are secret gay lovers and Ciara is there to hold the camera. All 3 will have a shy year.

Cassidy will never get released. Maybe in 2007.

Eminem will release another dope album late 2006.

G-Unit will sign more artists.

Kanye's new cd will be another classic.

Busta Rhymes will go Platinum.

LL Cool J is gonna get slept on.

D-Block won't sell a lot.

Joe Budden will have a sick year.

Snoop's new album is gonna flop.
not_your_average
O, great hip-hop oracle. Tell us more of thy industry secrets!
yo pusha
Busta Rhymes will have a great year in 2006, The Big Bang will go platinum.

Joe Budden will release "The Growth" but it will be retitled, pushed back some more, and released with a low budget video that won't make any of the top countdown shows. He will struggle to go gold and leave Def Jam after that.

Nasdaq Dow Jones will flop, just because the album name is wack. Nas will do a song with Jay-Z though, produced by Premo.

Saigon will be an one hit wonder, album will go Gold.

Jay-Z will release another album and come back, Kanye West will produce the album.

Dr Dre's Detox will be another classic.

Ras Kass and Crooked I will release albums trying to "cross over", but will fail.

Papoose will and always will be another mixtape cat.

The Bay Area will finally "blow up" just like the south did in 2005, and nationwide the reaction will be mixed.

Lupe Fiasco will have a nice year, his album Food and Liquor will go Gold at least, maybe Platinum.

The Game's "Doctors Advocate" will go Platinum, with six diss tracks to G-Unit in the album.

thats all i got
lol
blucheri
QUOTE(Jason61992 @ Jan 2 2006, 9:39 PM)

i agree. no matter what comes g-units way they all come out the winners.
berry_lickable
QUOTE(yo pusha @ Jan 2 2006, 6:03 PM)
The Bay Area will finally "blow up" just like the south did in 2005, and nationwide the reaction will be mixed.

i was about to say that.
Hiphop d[-_-]b
^ Same.

Its about time the rest of the world got a flavor of how us Bay Kids do. xpp

But really. Yall aint never really had a party until you thizzin and giggin` to some Mac Dre Keak Da Sneak, Turf Talk or E-40. Yadadig My Nig ?!

xPP
Looow
^ HAHA lmao bella.

QUOTE(Jason61992 @ Jan 2 2006, 8:39 PM)
Omarion will admit that he and Bow Wow are secret gay lovers and Ciara is there to hold the camera. All 3 will have a shy year.

hahaha. what the heck.

QUOTE(yo pusha @ Jan 2 2006, 6:03 PM)

ha my cousin was telling me that the other day.
The_AZN_Godfather
2Pac will reveal he is alive.

Who knows? happy.gif
lilliannnn

I literally LOL'ed at that.
Nadroj Inc.

disagree, the game is gonna murder it..it'll take a while
The South is gonna keep doing it big. (Especially Texas)
cuz cham? haha...well ya i guess
Nas will have a quiet year, but he'll remain "Decent" as he always was.
nah, hes gonna finish his new album, its gonna be off the hook, i heard he paid millions for neptune beats.
The Game's new album won't be as good as "The Documentary"
i doubt that, hes gonna continue making hot flows, i believe in him =D
i hope they all die, damn wack artists
Cassidy will never get released. Maybe in 2007.
i ono
i hope so
and gets wacker
Kanye's new cd will be another classic.
i dunno.....
Busta Rhymes will go Platinum.
not really feeling busta rhymes but...ok
LL Cool J is gonna get slept on.
f**k LL COOL J -.-
D-Block won't sell a lot.
they should really start makin some off that RR shit
Joe Budden will have a sick year.
i hvnt heard from him since like 4 years ago...on pump it up
Snoop's new album is gonna flop.
that guy never flops

you forgot a very important one.....

DR. DRE IS RELEASING HIS DETOX DURING SUMMER
cmon jason
Hiphop d[-_-]b
QUOTE(The_AZN_Godfather @ Jan 2 2006, 8:58 PM)

Who knows? happy.gif

I LOVE TUPAAAC. He was supposed to "reveal" that he was alive last year though, ( or was it this year ? I forgot, but i followed it almost religously ) according to the 7 theory

Lorena - Whaat ? Lol You know, we get stupid in the bay, we get hyphy in the bay. THE BAY IS IN THE AREA (cos where else would it be? ) Lol that song is stupid. xPP BUT i love it.

I think Yukmouth might just hit nationwide radio stations, thus making the beef with him and Gay-Unit even ..er.. beefier. Which i do hope so. I adore Yuk. Although he does use nigga and other cuss words too, too much.
fameONE
QUOTE(yo pusha @ Jan 2 2006, 8:03 PM)
Saigon will be an one hit wonder, album will go Gold.

...while establishing a cultlike following.
berry_lickable
QUOTE(Hiphop d[-_-)
b,Jan 2 2006, 6:51 PM]^ Same.

Its about time the rest of the world got a flavor of how us Bay Kids do. xpp

i dont think they can candle it pinch.gif ahaha
The_AZN_Godfather
QUOTE(Hiphop d[-_-)
b,Jan 3 2006, 1:44 AM]I LOVE TUPAAAC. He was supposed to "reveal" that he was alive last year though, ( or was it this year ? I forgot, but i followed it almost religously ) according to the 7 theory

Lorena - Whaat ? Lol You know, we get stupid in the bay, we get hyphy in the bay. THE BAY IS IN THE AREA (cos where else would it be? ) Lol that song is stupid. xPP BUT i love it.

I think Yukmouth might just hit nationwide radio stations, thus making the beef with him and Gay-Unit even ..er.. beefier. Which i do hope so. I adore Yuk. Although he does use nigga and other cuss words too, too much.

According to the Seven Day Theory, he was supposed to reveal he was alive at 2003; which is 7 years after his death, in 1996. But apparently, 2pac never revealed himself at 2003.
hi-C
My prediction: Rhymefest will no longer be known as that kid who co-wrote "Jesus Walks."
karrar
Are you joking me kid? Nas will come back huge and reclaim his thrown on top of the current rap game.
Looow
QUOTE(Hiphop d[-_-]b @ Jan 3 2006, 2:44 AM)

Haha girl, I know. I was just listening to that.
illumineering
QUOTE(Hiphop d[-_-]b @ Jan 3 2006, 3:44 AM)
I LOVE TUPAAAC. He was supposed to "reveal" that he was alive last year though, ( or was it this year ? I forgot, but i followed it almost religously ) according to the 7 theory

I throb.gif Tupac! I hope there's more recognition of dancehall. Damian Marley rocks!
MFDOOM
Look out for a collaboration between GZA/Genius and I.
vash1530
^ill look forward to it.
yo pusha
QUOTE(karrar @ Jan 3 2006, 5:52 PM)
Are you joking me kid? Nas will come back huge and reclaim his thrown on top of the current rap game.

QUOTE(Hiphop d[-_-]b @ Jan 2 2006, 11:44 PM)

QUOTE(The_AZN_Godfather @ Jan 2 2006, 7:58 PM)

come on this is predictions for 2006 not magical wishes for 2006
Hiphop d[-_-]b
^ Shhh .. Youre crushing my dreams Steven.
fameONE
I predict more ignorant beef and another year of frontin'. Hiphop needs a saviour.
MFDOOM
This will probably be the year where the mainstream gets a taste of my music and I'll get hyped as if I'm just your average rapper with 15 minutes of fame. Poppycock! I've been doing this for 18 years.
Jowii
Fugees new album will be sound
And kanye west will win all 8 of his grammy nominations xD
hi-C
QUOTE(Jowii @ Jan 4 2006, 4:56 PM)
And kanye west will win all 8 of his grammy nominations xD

Psh, please. No he's not. He'll lose at least one - to Paul McCartney.
fameONE
Little Brother will finally get some national recognition.
xquizit
If thats going to be the year in hip-hop music, then I'm not excited.

I disagree about G-Unit. I think they'll finally fall off this year. *crosses fingers*

And dear God, I hope the South just stops making music. They have flooded the radio airwaves with so much garbage that I can't even turn the damn radio on.

That's the precise reason why I haven't been listening to as much hip-hop as I used to. Steven needs to stop slacking and send me some shiet quick. mad.gif
hi-C
Another prediction:

The world will not care about this little feud between D4L and Dem Franchize boys over the invention of the Atlanta two-step, as they both suck. Unfortunately the parties involved will not realize it.

But wait...that's true, so that's not a prediction.
fameONE
QUOTE(xquizit @ Jan 10 2006, 9:37 AM)
And dear God, I hope the South just stops making music. They have flooded the radio airwaves with so much garbage that I can't even turn the damn radio on.

Little Brother is from the south (North Carolina). Their album was fire.

Big Boi's compilation album was serious. Killer Mike is back on the map. The big dude is nice on the mic.

The southern takeover can be accredited to the fact that hiphop's primary consumer isn't a hiphop fan. They're fan's of popular culture. If the major corporation sells strip club music to white kids and middle america, and people start buying the product, then they've struck gold. D4L is garbage. In the south, people agree that D4L is garbage. Most of the southern hiphop you hate, most of us down here hate as well. It makes the entire south look bad because every state south of Virginia already is pigeon-holed into a certain genre.

There's a time and a place for 'Shake That Lffy Taffy'.... at the seedy stripclub on the East side where each stripper has an STD, stretchmarks and bulletwounds. Its really unfortunate because rap/hiphop is putting cash in the pockets of white corporate execs while they laugh at the 'niggers selling their souls for money and women.'Put into perspective, you can't really knock the south because bad music is pretty much universal nowadays. DipSet doesn't really help hiphop's cause much, either.

We should all just listen to DC Go-Go. cool.gif
hi-C
QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Jan 10 2006, 8:13 PM)
We should all just listen to DC Go-Go.  cool.gif

Damn skippy.
xquizit
QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Jan 10 2006, 8:13 PM)
We should all just listen to DC Go-Go.  cool.gif

The old stuff... cuz the new school DC go-go... sad.gif

"talking about the overnight scenario scenario" biggrin.gif

Which brings me to a prediction for 06:

There will be more go-go infused hip-hop hits in addition to hits such as "crazy in love" by beyonce, "dem boys" by lil mo, "one thing" by amerie. We want more from Rich Harrison!!!
hi-C
QUOTE(xquizit @ Jan 11 2006, 11:00 AM)
The old stuff... cuz the new school DC go-go... sad.gif

Chuck Brown is a mothereffin' G. Did you see him in that commercial for the DC Lottery? That little diddy he came up with was a banger, the best TV jingle I've heard in a while.
hi-C
Bump. New prediction: Scientists will discover that 50 Cent is, in fact, a gorilla.

G-U-NIT!
push kicks
QUOTE(yo pusha @ Jan 2 2006, 7:03 PM) *
Busta Rhymes will have a great year in 2006, The Big Bang will go platinum.

this dude is clever son!!
MrElsewhere
haha. i need to make multiple accts to quote myself like that.

the roots will drop a dope album, but will be slept on.

same with J5.

hrmmm.
My Cinderella.
I agree with the thing you said about the South making a lot of money. They are doing big. wacko.gif
JORNASTY
50 is gonna get shot.

done.
radhikaeatsraman
I'm sure 50 will. Only, this time, I hope he actually drops dead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.