Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Obie Trice Shot In The Head
Forums > Community Center > Music
fameONE
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: December 31, 2005
Filed at 7:44 a.m. ET

DETROIT (AP) -- Rapper Obie Trice was shot early Saturday while driving on a freeway, police said.

Trice, a Detroit native and protege of Eminem, was on the Lodge Freeway at about 1:10 a.m. when his vehicle was shot at by someone in another car, said Michigan State Police Sgt. Mario Gonzales.

Trice managed to continue driving and exited the freeway in the suburb of Southfield, where his girlfriend, who also was in the vehicle, flagged down police, Gonzales said. The girlfriend wasn't wounded.

The rapper was taken to a hospital and was listed in good condition, Gonzales said.
wind&fire
wow shot in the head and still alive... hope he gets better
Dragonfly_babe
woah! ohmy.gif Hey did anyone ever here about that rapper named Houston but he thought he saw God and he poked out one of his eyes! wink.gif
Tribal J_Rome
wow, lucky guy
Dragonfly_babe
Sure he's lucky if he likes eye patches cool.gif lol
steezahh
thats weird. i would never think he`d get shot. oh well. =] glad to hear hes ok tho.
Tribal J_Rome
QUOTE(Dragonfly_babe @ Dec 31 2005, 6:36 PM)
Sure he's lucky if he likes eye patches  cool.gif  lol

i meant lucky to be alive u fool lol
Dragonfly_babe
laugh.gif I didn't know that's what u meant! lol
fameONE
QUOTE(Dragonfly_babe @ Dec 31 2005, 7:14 PM)
woah! ohmy.gif  Hey did anyone ever here about that rapper named Houston but he thought he saw God and he poked out one of his eyes! wink.gif

1) He's a singer
2) You're late
3) Stay on topic
vash1530
wheres it say he got shot in the head?
fameONE
Not in the article itself, but that was the article's headline.

I'm getting tired of all this senseless violence.

Scott La Roc
Tupac
Biggie
Freaky Tah
Big L
Mac Dre
Soulja Slim
Lizzz.
Maybe he might get shot 10 times in the head & survive.. hah beat that 50 cent.
fameONE
QUOTE(Lizzz. @ Dec 31 2005, 11:14 PM)
Maybe he might get shot 10 times in the head & survive.. hah beat that 50 cent.

3 times= truth, 8 times= album intro, 9 times= publicity stunt
wind&fire
QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Jan 1 2006, 4:19 PM)
3 times= truth, 8 times= album intro, 9 times= publicity stunt

i hate 50 cent...
Dragonfly_babe
QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Jan 1 2006, 12:37 AM)
1) He's a singer
2) You're late
3) Stay on topic

Wow ur mean pinch.gif He mentioned rappers getting shot or injured so I brought that up.
Lizzz.
obie is like a wannabe 50 cent. exclude the fame & everything. one of his song with the blind date & teethless one was so - i'll stfu I dont wanna get shot.
fameONE
QUOTE(Dragonfly_babe @ Dec 31 2005, 11:28 PM)
Wow ur mean  pinch.gif  He mentioned rappers getting shot or injured so I brought that up.

Sensitivity isn't for online forums.

QUOTE(Lizzz.)
obie is like a wannabe 50 cent. exclude the fame & everything. one of his song with the blind date & teethless one was so - i'll stfu I dont wanna get shot.

Uhhh, not really. Get ya facts right.

Obie was holding it down in Detroit via freestyle battles way before 50 even released Power of the Dollar. Obie also came first, but battle emcees often find it hard to make a lasting impact in the mainstream. 50 had a gimmick and aimed to be on top (by any means necessary).
Dragonfly_babe
I'm made of glass? ohmy.gif Ur right sensitivity is not 4 online forums and neither is being a jerk

end of disscusion The new year has just started _smile.gif
nightmare4taki
Dang rappers getting shot for no reason, but it probably just boost their street credibility . Just look at Camron.
vash1530
shhit happens for no fcukin reason this sh!t goes on too much mothafcukers are stupid.
flipnotik
daym...how fortunate was that
Dragonfly_babe
ok mellow.gif
lil_chubby_cheeks2
QUOTE(Dragonfly_babe @ Dec 31 2005, 9:58 PM)
I'm made of glass? ohmy.gif  Ur right sensitivity is not 4 online forums and neither is being a jerk
end of disscusion The new year has just started  _smile.gif

just stop it -__-

but ddddddddang thats sucks
lucky to be alive
Dragonfly_babe
exactly _smile.gif
dahding
QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Jan 1 2006, 1:53 AM)
Sensitivity isn't for online forums.

thank you brandon. and he wasn't being a jerk. ur too sensitive to small comments and reality. "end of disscusion The new year has just started _smile.gif" nerd.

hmm. didn't think obie would've gotten shot. and where was the entrance for the bullet wound? side profile shot or like, straight in the eye? amazing that he lived. hope he gets better soon.
fameONE
QUOTE(dahding @ Jan 1 2006, 10:18 PM)
thank you brandon. and he wasn't being a jerk. ur too sensitive to small comments and reality. "end of disscusion The new year has just started  _smile.gif" nerd.
hmm. didn't think obie would've gotten shot. and where was the entrance for the bullet wound? side profile shot or like, straight in the eye? amazing that he lived. hope he gets better soon.

I'm looking for some sort of follow up, but everything else is word of mouth. I'll scroll the forum of D12 world to get some info.
wind&fire
you know there are one too many rappers living through bullets through the head... dammit if i shot someone in the head id do it right...
synthetic truths
QUOTE(nightmare4taki @ Jan 1 2006, 1:10 AM)
Dang rappers getting shot for no reason, but it probably just boost their street credibility . Just look at Camron.

dude i doubt anyone would get shot in the head for a publicity stunt...
the mortality rate is too high...
lets be logical here..would you do it for the camera?

now camron...thats different...that dude is a drama queen...his whole shooting is suspect...

if a person shoots you for the car...why didnt they take it...dude was injured..he coulda made off with the lambo easily...
_dry.gif
fameONE
QUOTE(synthetic truths @ Jan 2 2006, 12:04 AM)
dude i doubt anyone would  get shot in the head for a publicity stunt...
the mortality rate is too high...
lets be logical here..would you do it for the camera?

now camron...thats different...that dude is a drama queen...his whole shooting is suspect...
if a person shoots you for the car...why didnt they take it...dude was injured..he coulda made off with the lambo easily...
_dry.gif

The reason why "lean"/purple drank/sizzurp made it to Harlem is ebcause Cam and the Diplomats own and run liquor stores from Harlem to DC and they profit by pushing Dame's vodka and distributing the Houston based drink for an incredible profit. Not to forget that these brothas were still hustling when he was shot.

How smart would it to be to a custom Lamborghini at a nightclub? There had to be something more to it.
synthetic truths
like i said..the whole shooting is suspect.
LOL that info you just posted makes it look even more suspect....
mabye dude rubbed some of the other bar owners the wrong way... huh.gif
DrSMooTH
Not to stick my nose into others ppl's business, BUT GODDAMN!!! You guys are arguing over a rapper getting shot, and FACTS about a rapper. WHO THE HELL GIVES A CRAP.....well, except for those who are really interested in rap. but honestly, grow up. And sensitivity isn't for online forums? I bet if someone shut ur ass up you'd be bitching all over this forum. So uh, slow your roll.

Damn another one shot? Take these guns from rappers and never give em back. Can't rap just stick to straight music instead of starting beef in their music and try to be all "gangsta"? Handle it like adults.
fameONE
QUOTE(blkpride @ Jan 2 2006, 12:56 PM)
Not to stick my nose into others ppl's business, BUT GODDAMN!!! You guys are arguing over a rapper getting shot, and FACTS about a rapper. WHO THE HELL GIVES A CRAP.....well, except for those who are really interested in rap. but honestly, grow up. And sensitivity isn't for online forums? I bet if someone shut ur ass up you'd be bitching all over this forum. So uh, slow your roll.

Damn another one shot? Take these guns from rappers and never give em back. Can't rap just stick to straight music instead of starting beef in their music and try to be all "gangsta"? Handle it like adults.

Thank you for such an insightful and intelligent post. Would you like us to hoist you onto a pedestal and kiss your feet in celebration of your divine intellect?

Eat a d**k.
blucheri
well hopefully now he'll come out with a new record
be like 50 and talk about how u got shot
fameONE
QUOTE(blucheri @ Jan 2 2006, 7:22 PM)
well hopefully now he'll come out with a new record
  be like 50 and talk about how u got shot

Obie Trice is a lyricist. 50 Cent is a rapper (now businessman) with a gimmick. There's a difference. Being a thug should never be glorified. Trice isn't that type of artist, so I doubt he'll make a scene about it.
EddieV
Tragic I must say...
Nadroj Inc.
oh damn......
hes gonna turn into another kanye west now

but obies flows are nicer than kanye
wind&fire
^ ahhhhh its been a while since ive seen you on cB... welcome back
DrSMooTH
QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Jan 2 2006, 8:12 PM)
Thank you for such an insightful and intelligent post. Would you like us to hoist you onto a pedestal and kiss your feet in celebration of your divine intellect?

Eat a d**k.

You know how pathetic you are? You're trying to start an argument over a blog, that's about some rapper, with a 15 year old. If you're younger than me, then just f**k off, but if you're older than me, get a f**king life man, really. This crap is too stupid to start a fight over. And even if i wanted to eat a d**k, there hasn't been one in the entire world you haven't eaten or sucked. So, get off of mine.
You know what, aruging online is stupid.....Its pointless.....

I know its a really mean way of putting it, but its true.
Tribal J_Rome
^^ and yet u still argue...
fameONE
QUOTE(blkpride @ Jan 3 2006, 2:09 PM)
You know how pathetic you are? You're trying to start an argument over a blog, that's about some rapper, with a 15 year old. If you're younger than me, then just f**k off, but if you're older than me, get a f**king life man, really. This crap is too stupid to start a fight over. And even if i wanted to eat a d**k, there hasn't been one in the entire world you haven't eaten or sucked. So, get off of mine.
You know what, aruging online is stupid.....Its pointless.....

I know its a really mean way of putting it, but its true.

Who's arguing? huh.gif I'm not. I just replied sarcastically. Don't catch feelings on the net, man. Thats on some bitch shit. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.