Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jay-Z Gets Sued
Forums > Community Center > Music
fameONE
Nearly three weeks after filing a federal lawsuit against Jay-Z, former WWE wrestler Diamond Dallas Page recently spoke on the case.

Earlier this month, DDP filed a federal lawsuit against Jiggaman for trademark infringement. In the lawsuit, Page claims he was the first to use the "Diamond Cutter" hand symbol in 1996 and considers it his logo. Page claims the sign has long been trademarked.

During a recent radio interview, Page revealed that he initially did not intend on suing Hov based on the respect he had for the rapper/mogul's career.

According to Page, negotiations between him and Jay's legal teams began this July. The two sides couldn't reach a deal, making way for the current lawsuit. DDP said his lawyer prevented a settlement from taking place, but wouldn't elaborate.

Page then went on to name entertainers and athletes, including former NBA great Karl Malone, who have acknowledged him by throwing the ``Diamond Cutter`` sign up. The wrestler said he first uncovered that Jay used the symbol after seeing Cleveland Cavaliers forward Lebron James throw it up during a game. Hov reportedly said, ``that`s my sign`` when asked why James used it.

Details on the damages sought by Page have yet to be confirmed.
wind&fire
such a neglected thread...

well famous people are always getting sued... (e.g. MJ) but hey they can afford it...

what does a diamond cutters hand sign look like?
RiC3xBoy
Basically, you put your hand next to eachother and the space between your hands is a Diamond:

Yes, thats DDP.
fameONE

That album was slept on too... but not by brothas in NY
wind&fire
Linkin Park does that too... honestly you cant trade mark and hand sign... or can you?
lilliannnn
Look. They do it differently. This is stupid, haha.
fameONE
I'd like to patent the middle finger and fine anyone who does it.

I'd be rich.

Actually, I may look into that.

I'm serious.
wind&fire
I CALL THE PEACE SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!

heck now i wish for more hippies...
vash1530
yea and i call [insert popular hand signal here]!!!!!! Ill be RICH!!!!
Saeglopur
I call the rock on sign.

I'm gonna be rich.
yo pusha
hella late.

i posted this hella long ago

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...opic=112851&hl=
fameONE
Then close it, nukka.
Statistik
Should John Cena sue Tony Yayo for doing the Hand On Face Moving Motion?
The_AZN_Godfather
I didn't know you can trademark handsigns. I don't really see the logic in that.

He can sue a bunch of tae-kwon-do students too, because if I remember correctly, that's a sign you make in some kind of tae-kwon-do form. Correct me if I'm wrong.
flipnotik
He's washed up so he needs some way to get money, last resort maybe?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.