Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the pillows
Forums > Community Center > Music
sheridan_whiteside
the pillows is a Japnese rock band. They have an extensive discography spanning over 15 years and distinct rock styles, ranging from power pop to pixies inspired rock, to jazz-rock and even reggae. They are still releasing records and their next album, My Foot, is set for release this January in Japan. They toured the U.S. this past spring and I saw them at their Rosemont show, and they are one amazing live band. The sheer energy they put into their music was unparalleled by any other concert I've seen.
piney
ohh they are very good! iv've heard them.
NoSex
They were pretty good live. But, their english is hilariously poor.
coconutter
i wanna hear itt its got a cool name
NoSex
QUOTE(c0cONuTTeR @ Dec 12 2005, 9:00 PM)
i wanna hear itt its got a cool name

If you have ever seen FLCL, which many have, I'm sure you have already heard them. They are featured through-out the entire series. They also provided a kick ass end-theme, "Ride on Shooting Star".
Mikael
QUOTE(sheridan_whiteside @ Dec 12 2005, 7:11 PM)
the pillows is a Japnese rock band. They have an extensive discography spanning over 15 years and distinct rock styles, ranging from power pop to pixies inspired rock, to jazz-rock and even reggae. They are still releasing records and their next album, My Foot, is set for release this January in Japan. They toured the U.S. this past spring and I saw them at their Rosemont show, and they are one amazing live band. The sheer energy they put into their music was unparalleled by any other concert I've seen.

i love you because you know about the Pillows. Welcome to the brotherhood. Clap Clap! Its a celebration, b-tch-s!

also, i know how to play every song off the FLCL sound track on my guitar by heart. if their guitarist got sick, i could fill in. i so can, i so could, i so will, i so would.
sheridan_whiteside
You mean you don't know the name of the great Yoshiyaki Manabe? Please, listen to some of their other stuff, like the album Please Mr. Lostman, plus Living Field and Kool Spice. Those last two have some seriously awesome guitar parts. And I liked how we got almost four posts in before somoene mentioned FLCL. Nice username too, when I saw that in the thread, I knew someone else was like a big fan.
misoshiru
mm...i'm dling now.
vash1530
the pillows are a my fav jpop band. I like there style and energy. They sound pretty original for pop.
disco infiltrator
You played them in the auditorium that one day like forever ago.

And I listened to them some last year cause Jose made me.
Hmm, speaking of Jose, he should be all up on this thread..
imm
Gahh I love The Pillows. And yeah their discography is huge...I had to delete stuff off my mp3 player to put all of it on. ^^

Angel Fish!
clarissa
currently listening to them. they sound good, but it's a shame i can't understand it.
Mikael
now i remember, the Pillows converted me from 50 Centism to Rockism. Thought im still varied in music, i mostly do rock just because of the pillows, i play their songs alllll daaaaaaaay looooooooong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.