Muzik_World
Wuts Ur Fav 2005 Rap Or R&B Album
vash1530
Danger Doom -The mouse and the Mask
fameONE
KANYE WEST- LATE REGISTRATION
yo pusha
i cant even remember half the rnb and rap albums that dropped this year.. hmm

late registration was solid, after looking back i find that i enjoyed college dropout more, although LR was lyrically more advanced and certainly more advanced musically too. its just that college dropout was more representative of what kanye was, and it was a complete album with the exception of breathe in breathe out. late registration had several tracks that had me shaking my head and some were just unneccesary

common's be was ill. i dont know why this album has gotten so much hate, it was definately a big improvement from electric garbage. classic? no. but it was still a dope album that showed commons versatile side

little brother's minstrel show. i really enjoyed this album, i dont know why but i couldnt really get into the listening, but this album was very enjoyable. although it wasnt lyrically amazing it was just a "feel good" album, 9th wonder did a great job. it was very entertaining

keyshia cole album!! very dope, a complete album that showed us the fiery voice of ms cole, all of the songs are strong. dont sleep on this album

ill think of more later
EddieV
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
hi-C
^ You know that says "Fav 2005 Rap/R&B Album" right? Linkin Park is neither and nor did it come out in 2005.

And even though the two categories have similar aesthetic elements, I don't believe in their being lumped togther.

As for my favorite, it has to be Get Lifted. It technically came out in 2004 (late December), but I'm counting it anyway.
vash1530
QUOTE(xnofearx @ Dec 13 2005, 8:54 AM)
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

WTF is the point of that! u obviously know that hybrid theory didn't come out this year. In fact, it came out 5 years ago!
nightmare4taki
^ He just misinterpreted the thread thats all. Maybe its his favorite album up this point, and it is year 2005, so its possilble its just a misinterpretation.

As for me I'm still waiting for that Jamie Foxx to drop before I make my final decision.
lilliannnn
Yeah, Brandon took the words right out of my mouth.

Kanyeezy.
azn_at_heart
lyfe jennings - hypothetically
MrElsewhere
i enjoyed lyfe's cd.

and kanye's and common's CDs were both wonderful. It's hard to decide.

Jin took some steps up with his new cd. i don't think he had to do the whole rebirth thing with The Emcee. But I can see how that works.
berry_lickable
kanye -late registration

mistah f.a.b-son of a pimp

and keyshia cole's was raw too.
Mr. Slowjamz
if your talking about sales :

Mariah Carey -Emancipation of Mimi top R&B

Kanye West - Late Registration top Rap

real pure mature opinion . i am telling you both of these artists will win at least a grammy for this year .
CUTEBUNNY160
QUOTE(xiMiJix @ Dec 14 2005, 3:02 PM)
if your talking about sales :

Mariah Carey -Emancipation of Mimi top R&B

Kanye West - Late Registration  top Rap 
real pure mature opinion . i am telling you both of these artists will win at least a  grammy for this year .

i like those two cds happy.gif
Mr. Slowjamz
about Kanye West[/U] : first and foremost i believe he earned the best Rap/Hip-Hop album of the year by changing the ideals of hip-hop and its lifestyle and trying to accomplish something out of the ordinary . his album is more then just a best for an all time Rap listener . His music has changed a way that redifined hip hop . he made hip Hop open up wit much respect by the big guys themselves . much love .

about Mariah Carey [U]: yes we belong together started to get annoying ,overtime , yes she herself is getting overated and too old . But here songs aren`t just ordinary R&B songs . Theres a difference between a dope hot song that has nice beats and clashes within a beat then a song that sounds decent and has much musically artistic credability . and by going to an art school , Mariah Carey Songs are not FAKE . she is a REAL musician and can actually compose music . Her Songs are full of Chord Progression and changes during some of the versus . Not Bad for making an R&B song by scratch other then those fake ass artists out there ....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.