Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: your top 5 dead or alive rappers
Forums > Community Center > Music
Statistik
Anyone seen Jin's video off his new album, top 5 or dead or alive? If you did, you should get it and so on...so..

My Top 5 Dead Or Alive:
1) Tupac
2) Jay-Z
3) Nas
4) Notorious B.I.G.
5) Lil Wayne
jEllyBeaNs
well mines isn't in any kind or order....but here it is

1. 2Pac
2. Twista
3. Busta Rymes
4. Notorious B.I.G.
5. ludacris
yo pusha
QUOTE(Jason61992 @ Dec 11 2005, 9:47 AM)
My Top 5 Dead Or Alive:
1) Tupac
4) Notorious B.I.G.
5) Lil Wayne
add dipset and you get the 5 most overrated rappers ever

my top 5?

5)
4)
3)
2)
1)

cause he spit hot fiya
spoon_fork
well mines isn't in any kind or order....but here it is

1. 2Pac
2. Twista
3. Busta Rymes
4. Notorious B.I.G.
5. ludacris

same as his.... _smile.gif
mouse_3k
1. 2pac
2. Lil Jon
3. Twista
4. Ice Cube
5. Ludacris
nightmare4taki
QUOTE(yo pusha @ Dec 11 2005, 5:21 PM)
add dipset and you get the 5 most overrated rappers ever

my top 5?

5) http://www.realitynewsonline.com/images/mtb2dylan2.jpg
4) http://www.realitynewsonline.com/images/mtb2dylan2.jpg
3)http://www.realitynewsonline.com/images/mtb2dylan2.jpg
2) http://www.realitynewsonline.com/images/mtb2dylan2.jpg
1) http://www.realitynewsonline.com/images/mtb2dylan2.jpg

cause he spit hot fiya

LMAO , he rips and he rhymes, he rhymes and rips, this is how dylan spits
Hiphop d[-_-]b
Tupac
Tupac ( Hes twice cos he is also hot )

I cant think of others .. my mind is jammed with so manny rappers i cant pick out just 5
lolita kitty
I've always liked Jay-z. I have no idea why, but ... err...
Other than that, I really don't care much -shrug-.
vash1530
1 canibus
2 eminem
3 rakim
4 wu-tang
5 jedi mind tricks
(yes i know i included groups)

1. 2pac
2. Lil Jon
3. Twista
4. Ice Cube
5. Ludacris

I hope that u r not serious putting lil jon as the 2nd best rapper ever.(If u are, then u shud be shot.......NOW!!)
jnukes
QUOTE(vash1530 @ Dec 11 2005, 8:14 PM)
I hope that u r not serious putting lil jon as the 2nd best rapper ever.(If u are, then u shud be shot.......NOW!!)

cosign .. except the part ab out being shot ......... NOW . that's a little harsh, haha

i can't choose just five, my favorites swtich around ALL the time .
berry_lickable
my top 5 :

1)tupac
2)kanye
3)mistah f.a.b < i just love him.
4)mac dre
5)lil wayne (he's whack lighweight, but i just like his songs)
EddieV
Tupac
Eminem
P. Diddy
Mos Def
Biggie Smalls
hi-C
QUOTE(xnofearx @ Dec 12 2005, 10:53 AM)
Tupac
Eminem
P. Diddy
Mos Def
Biggie Smalls

Diddy may rap but he's not a rapper.

To make this post a little more revelant, I'll include my own list.

1. Biggie
2. Pac
3. Jay-Z
4. Mos Def/Black Star
5. Black Thought

It was hard to pick just five.
not_your_average
My favorites (in no particular order):
1. Jedi Mind Tricks
2. Lauryn Hill
3. Jay-Z
4. Kanye West
5. Eminem
Muzik_World
Heres 5 But I Dont Have An Order

Eminem,Young Jeezy,Youngbloodz,T.I.,2pac
vash1530
ugh... comercial rap
EddieV
QUOTE(Madame C @ Dec 12 2005, 11:15 AM)
Diddy may rap but he's not a rapper.

I wouldn't really know, I mostly listen to rock, these are most of the rappers that I listen to...
KrunkMuzik
1. Tupac
2. Dr. Dre
3. Twista
4. Ice Cube
5. YoungBloodz

6. Lil Wayne/Young Jeezy

LMAO!....Lil Jon laugh.gif laugh.gif . Man, that made my day!

He could fall under best beat producer or best rough-neck.
nezumi
I think I'd say mine is Busdriver... but I like bands better
vash1530
QUOTE(Krunk_Muzik @ Dec 13 2005, 7:16 PM)
1. Tupac
2. Dr. Dre
3. Twista
4. Ice Cube
5. YoungBloodz

6. Lil Wayne/Young Jeezy

LMAO!....Lil Jon  laugh.gif  laugh.gif . Man, that made my day!

He could fall under best beat producer or best rough-neck.

how about best gimmick? or maybe best use of one word to become popular>
fameONE
1. Big L
2. Biggie
3. 2Pac
4. Talib Kweli
5. Common
yo pusha
1. Nas
2. Talib Kweli
3. Joe Budden
4. Eminem
5. Common

wow that was hard. i think big and pac are the two most overrated rappers ever. and thats my word
fameONE
QUOTE(yo pusha @ Dec 15 2005, 10:47 PM)
1. Nas
2. Talib Kweli
3. Joe Budden
4. Eminem
5. Common

wow that was hard. i think big and pac are the two most overrated rappers ever. and thats my word

I'm not a BIG fan post Ready to Die.

Pac stopped making music in 95.

You put Em on your list.... kudos.
vash1530
QUOTE(yo pusha @ Dec 15 2005, 11:47 PM)
i think big and pac are the two most overrated rappers ever.

i totally agree.
hi-C
QUOTE(yo pusha @ Dec 15 2005, 11:47 PM)
i think big and pac are the two most overrated rappers ever.

I've been thinking about this statement since it was first posted. I do agree with you, Big and Pac are overrated. This does not, however, negate the greatness of these two. I was watching this thing on MTVJams that was some hip-hop summit/discussion/forum thing sponsored by XXL and David Banner was talking about how when Big and Pac were killed, how the whole culture was just...grieving. He said that they were the voices of a generation, something that I agree with wholeheartedly. Overrated, yes, but certainly among the top that have ever held a mic.
illumineering
In no particular order...

Run-D.M.C.

Grandmaster Flash

LL Cool J

Beastie Boys

Cypress Hill

No whining because I'm choosing some groups.
yo pusha
QUOTE(Madame C @ Jan 5 2006, 3:11 PM)
I've been thinking about this statement since it was first posted.  I do agree with you, Big and Pac are overrated.  This does not, however, negate the greatness of these two.  I was watching this thing on MTVJams that was some hip-hop summit/discussion/forum thing sponsored by XXL and David Banner was talking about how when Big and Pac were killed, how the whole culture was just...grieving.  He said that they were the voices of a generation, something that I agree with wholeheartedly.  Overrated, yes, but certainly among the top that have ever held a mic.

of course they were great, but the main reason that people think they are great is because they were conscious and spoke out about social issues... so did martin luther king! does that mean martin luther king was one of the greatest rappers? not at all. their music was definately above average, but they aren't even in my top 20 lyrically. maybe its their charisma or personality, but musically they arent at all that great.
Nadroj Inc.
wth i thought u didnt like pac jason, and i thought u loved kanye west
lol

heres my list

1. 2Pac
2. Jin
3. Nas
4. The Game
5. Eminem/Dr. Dre/Jay-Z
i_liek_sushi
1. Tupac
2. Nas
3. Eminem
4. Dre
5. Biggie

Rakim is good too.

And whoever said Tupac and Biggie Smalls are overrated... I hate you. _dry.gif

50 cent is overrated damn it.
akjsd
---------
yo pusha
QUOTE(i_liek_sushi @ Jan 7 2006, 10:31 PM)
And whoever said Tupac and Biggie Smalls are overrated... I hate you. _dry.gif

oh my... that just completely ruined my day.. a part of me just died inside... can you tell me how they are not overrated? or are you just a casual rap fan, not knowing anything, waiting for the next bandwagon to hop on? you sir are a "window rap fan", listening to artists without understanding everything.. you mad at me and i think i know why.. scream @ me
xmkaex
1.TuPac
2.Jin
3.Ludacris
4.twista
5.eminem
i_liek_sushi
QUOTE(yo pusha @ Jan 18 2006, 1:01 AM)
oh my... that just completely ruined my day.. a part of me just died inside... can you tell me how they are not overrated? or are you just a casual rap fan, not knowing anything, waiting for the next bandwagon to hop on? you sir are a "window rap fan", listening to artists without understanding everything.. you mad at me and i think i know why.. scream @ me

Uh, cuz I have different opinions than you? I think they have better songs than most of today's half assed rap artists. (besides a few like dre, nas, rakim)

But why don't you tell me why they're overrated since you claim it as a fact? Let me guess... because they're popular? NO WAY (i wonder why...). And you're one of those people who think they're hardcore by like hating mainstream stuff?

Btw- never said i was mad at ya, fool, that was just an expression (i was kiddin).
AcrylicuZ
1.Big L
2.Big Pun
3.Biggie
4.Nas
5.Jeezy :P
yo pusha
my son

Uh, cuz I have different opinions than you? I think they have better songs than most of today's half assed rap artists. (besides a few like dre, nas, rakim)

i almost took you seriously until you said that they had better songs than most of "todays" rap artists, and then you list artists such as Dr. Dre, Nas, and Rakim, neither of which has had a hit song in quite a while.

But why don't you tell me why they're overrated since you claim it as a fact? Let me guess... because they're popular? NO WAY (i wonder why...).

it is a FACT. Pac and Biggie are without a doubt, the most well known rappers ever. Kids growing up might not have a clue who Rakim and Big L are, but of course they know Pac and Biggie.

yo pusha (me lol) made a good point when he said,
of course they were great, but the main reason that people think they are great is because they were conscious and spoke out about social issues... so did martin luther king! does that mean martin luther king was one of the greatest rappers? not at all. their music was definately above average, but they aren't even in my top 20 lyrically. maybe its their charisma or personality, but musically they arent at all that great.

and realize that i didnt even mention the fact that they beefed and that they were both shot dead.

is it their fault they are overated? of course not. but they are unquestionably the most unbalanced rappers in terms of fanbase vs. substance. prove me wrong.

And you're one of those people who think they're hardcore by like hating mainstream stuff?

not at all. i firmly believe that good music is good music. i preach this more than anybody else, and i dislike artists being catagorized. i dont like people being restrained to what they listen to because they assume that all "backpack rappers" have weak voices, cannot make a catchy hook, and are not "real". conversely, other people might think that every artist who sells more than 500k albums only raps about guns, hos, and money. so no, i guess i am not "one of those people who think they are hardcore by like hating mainstream stuff?"

now allow me to question you. do you even know anything about rap? did you just turn on vh1 and decided to try and test your rap knowledge by getting sonned online? why do you look like a bootleg hezron?

peace
fameONE
PUSHA GOT 'EM!

I'll stay out of this argument. I don't want to get my Bapes dirty cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.