Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone is an asian stuff lover?
Forums > Community Center > Music
azn_lover
well hi there! is anyone of you like asian stuff? i mean asian stuff like anime. music, manga and etc.?? Well i do! Please tell me (anyone) what are the asian stuff you guys like! cause i really wanna know what you people like that is the same as me ^^
Anime: Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, Chobits, Angelic Layer, Finalfantasy 7- Advent children, Realbout Higschool, Comic party, Oprhen, Escaflowne,AH! my goddess and tons more!!

Music:
Korean; Boa, Shinwa, Fly to the Sky, Se7en, Bi, Wheesung, Sang Nara, Yiruma( a really good pianist ), S.E.S and themse songs from movies
Chinese; Sun Yan Zi, Jay chou, Liang Jing Ru, lin jun jie,Landy Wen, Coco Lee,Flora Chan
Japanese; Utada Hikaru, Ayumi hamasaki and theme songs from some anime..

Game: Finalfantasy x, x-2, 7, 8.. And dynasty warriors(havent really played this very much anymore)
And if there any other asian stuff you like please tell me! i loved to hear them all ^_^
HongKongDong
I feel that theres gonna be some animosity here.

Anyway, as for anime. I used to be big on it but now all I do is catch some flicks on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim and Toonami. Things like Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Samurai Champloo, and Full Metal Alchemist.

Music? I can hardly understand filipino and viet, two of my native languages I don't know how I can be expected to listen to em :P Listening to a song that I dont understand just gets to me, I need to know what theyre talking about!!! lol... although I do listen to a lot of asian-american artists :P mostly underground local guys though.

Games- Oh Oh oh... uhh.. Final Fantasy 5-8. Star motherfckingwayunderratedstupidasshaters Ocean. Thats basically it... mostly I play NbA or basketball based games :P

Oh.. oh.... Pokemon and YuGiOh B)
C'mon... you know that they're still cool
EddieV
I hate anime, except for a few, like Gundam and Outlaw Star, some Asian music is alright, I'm more into Thai music than J-Pop, or stuff like that, and yes I play video games made by Asians, because nearly all video games are made by Asians.
misoshiru
i tolerate some. and i repeat only some types of asian music.
to elaborate:

chinese - jay chou, f.i.r., a little cantopop
japanese - utada hikaru, ayumi hamasaki, mana, dir en grey, moi dix mois, malice mizer.
korean - boa kwon, hyori lee, some other random kpop songs.

being asian, i like asian food more than other types of food. i like japanese fashion and style trends, but not all of them. however, anime turns me off. period.
takingbacksandy
i'm not a big fan of anime. i've watched a little kenshin, and naruto.

i do listen to asian music, not as much as i listen to american stuff.
chinese - little jay chou, tension <3
jap - m-flo (i know one band member is korean), utada hikaru <3
korean - brown eyes, fly to the sky, lee ki chan, se7en, yiruma
Aoiro
Yah...
I do like a lot "asian" stuff.
Like Japanese street fashion.
Or anime/manga.
Some J-Pop/J-Rock.
And their food!
Their games are kick-ass, too.
Don't forget Mana.
throb.gif
vash1530
i like a lot of asian suff including most of whats on your list. I grew on in comics and late night tv like many kids in the late 90s. As i got older i found that there were alternatives to comics and cartoons that came from japan called japanime and manga. i now incorparate those into my personality along with a lot of other things and they are a big part of who i am.
lolita kitty
QUOTE(Blue-Chan @ Dec 4 2005, 12:38 PM)
Yah...
I do like a lot "asian" stuff.
Like Japanese street fashion.
Or anime/manga.
Some J-Pop/J-Rock.
And their food!
Their games are kick-ass, too.
Don't forget Mana.
throb.gif

Ah. You said it all.
Asian food kicks arse, I could eat chinese all day. And I throb.gif anime. And as you said, the japanese"street" fashion is just awesome. I love the way they dress.
_sarcastic_
i only listen to jay chou and jolin tsai
mipadi
I like katanas.
Aoiro
QUOTE(mipadi @ Dec 5 2005, 2:03 PM)
I like katanas.

Also that!
^^;;
xmkaex
games: final fantasy games
korean music : shinhwa, fly to the sky, kangta
food: pho
anime: some of them
MeLoNiSyUmMy
ahh!! *sigh* i love asian stuff. im chinese myself but i love, love, LOVE japanese and chinese snacks. like those poco sticks or those little koala crackers with the choco or strawberry fillings. mm, yum.

i like watching recent cantonese or tawianese films as well and i listen to jay chou, S.H.E. coco lee, T.W.I.N.S.

i cannt wait till i go back to HK in 2008. =]
jooleeah
yeah. i always go to those little asian stores to by stationary :P lol i'm obsessed with hello kitty and etc.

for music:
chinese/taiwanese: jay chou, tension, FIR, SHE (only sometimes -_-), and other musicians i can't translate in pin ying here. haha
korean: mainly boA and hyori lee. sometimes Shinwa
japanese: the pillows. haha

i like a little bit of anime and xanga..but i cannot stand the anime obsessed where they bring stacks of manga books to school and etc. it annoys me.

ooh. and i love the food. who doesn't?
DaTru KataLYST
Jolin Tsai
Amei
Cindy
Tension
David Tao
Leehom
Michael Wong
JJLin
jooleeah
^
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
I almost forgot about Jolin. and Ameiiii! Hahaha I used to be obsessed with her, oh em geeeee.
disco infiltrator
I like the Pillows. And..Megatokyo. That's about it.
sadolakced acid
i believe i'm what you'd call a twinkie. or a bannana.
rAwritsgWeg
Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion,Samurai Shamploo,Elfen lied, Advent Children, Escaflowne, Read or die, .hack//sign, FF7 last order, Ghost in the shell SAC, Chobits, GANTZ(prolly my fav rite now) and so many, many more

Music:Boa, Ayumi Hamasaki(the best ever), Utada Hikaru, MOVE(does music for intial d)
i havent been able to touch up on the music but most of the time ill listen to anything that has to do with asain music

Games:(im such a nerd) I have beaten every Final Fantasy except for ff tactics crystal chronicles, and tactics advance, um there are some games that i didnt even know the name to but ya asian games are much better to me cuz they are much more dynamic and require skill, oh yea ddr is crazy i love that game so much thats prolly the best game.. j/k
EddieV
QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Dec 5 2005, 8:52 PM)
i believe i'm what you'd call a twinkie.  or a bannana.

I've been called that a lot as well...
capsule
i get just a bit irritated when people think "anime, manga, games, and their poppy music" when Asia is mentioned....if you've been there, you'd know asia has more "asian stuff" than that...
WHOngos144
The Asian music part is true
StanleyThePanda
Anime = thumbsup.gif I like anime alot
music = ehh I dont really like it
Games = throb.gif I like games too....

I really like asian looking design stuff, like vases and notebooks with oriental designs on it...or what not........
Animeloverhk93
CHA YEAH I AM A ASIAN LOVER! i am half filipino... but i mostly like JAPANESE STUFF THE BEST!!

anime: can't list em all... XD
Music: ORANGE RANNNNGEEE!, ai otsuka, and other music
games:kingdom hearts,DDR!!
uLoVeMikeRoch
QUOTE(mipadi @ Dec 5 2005, 4:03 PM)
I like katanas.

Hahahahaha. Wow. Again.

Anyways, sigh. I bet this was made one of the "AzN pRiDE LOLZZZZ!!!!!" asians huh?
Did the whole, "aZnPRiDez! biaTcHEsLOLOL!!!" thing die out? Don't get me wrong, I asian too and Im all up in the hizzie with pride and shit. But you know, I don't do the whole 'AZN PRIDE!!!!!!!11" thing online and stuff. Only show it when I need too.
ParanoidAndroid
I'm not a big fan of asian music... The only stuff I like about my asian culture is manga

and Final Fantasy or those other Square-soft games
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.