Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Laguna" Star to Wed Kimberly Stewart
Forums > Community Center > Music
Chii
"Laguna" Star to Wed Kimberly Stewart
Perhaps inspired by the marriage-minded moves made by her good friends Paris and Nicky Hilton, Kimberly Stewart has gone ahead and taken the engagement plunge.

[Kimberly] Stewart, the 26-year-old daughter of rocker Rod Stewart, has announced that she is betrothed to Laguna Beach star Talan Torriero, 19, whom she has been dating for anywhere from one week to two months, according to varying published reports.
(E! Online's own Party Girl Lara Morgenson, who has encountered the pair out and about on her rounds, pegs the budding romance at about two weeks old.)

The twosome announced their plans to wed Wednesday night at an    XBox 360 party held at a private home in Beverly Hills, where Stewart proudly showed off her sizable diamond engagement ring to the Hilton sisters, who were also in attendance.

"It's almost too big," Stewart gushed to Us Weekly. "It's beautiful."

The duo's commitment to each other was possibly reinforced by the not so near-death experience they shared last week when Hilton's beau, Stavros Niarchos, crashed the Bentley in which the foursome were riding.

The hard-partying crew walked away from the car crash unscathed and uncited, even though the non-driving (and still underage) Torriero was caught on camera by TMZ.com remarking, "I'm the only sober one."

Torriero attained celebrity heights--at least with the MTV set--last year, when he was chosen to be a central figure on Laguna Beach as a high school junior.

Though his reign on the show officially came to an end with the conclusion of Laguna's second season on Monday, the SoCal native is determined not to let his 15 minutes peter out too quickly.

"I'm doing an album, which is very exciting," Torriero told MTV News in September. "I can't tell you what label I'm with, but it's a really big label push."

Beyond his musical aspirations, Torriero said he may also try his hand at the acting game.

"I've been acting since I was young," he told MTV News. "Now I get to take what I'm doing and what skills I have and use it to my advantage."

As for Stewart's professional life, rumors that she was replacing    Nicole Richie as Hilton's Simple Life sidekick never came to fruition, despite Hilton's reported campaign for her to do so. In the meantime, the gangly blonde has been working as a model and hitting the party and shopping circuits.

The engagement is the first for Torriero and the second for Stewart, who was previously engaged to musician Cisco Adler.

No wedding date has been set.

i'm not sure if you createBloggers watch mindless television like Laguna Beach but this news shocked me...
KissMe2408
I've watched a few episodes of Laguna, so wait who does this guy play then on that show?
and that's a pretty quick engagement too, i hope they know what they are getting themselves into
xcaitlinx
NO TALAN NO!!!! =[
MeLoNiSyUmMy
from 2 weeks to 2 months. hes only effing 19. theyre gonna get divorced.
Jeng
haha ^. just like chad michael murray and sophia bush, they marriage didnt last,and i watch laguna beach, and talans to good of a pimp.this marriage wont last since theve been only dating for about 2 weeks.paris' marriage didnt last,this wont either
danielle_x3
LOL oh man, i wonder how long it'll last
takingbacksandy
i'm mad.
well congrats i guess.
as long as stephen stays single :D
glit_gal
whoah, i didn't see that coming. well like always i highly doubt it is going to last. what's with all of paris's friends getting married all of a sudden?
FreeStickers
True love....
incoherent
QUOTE(KissMe2408 @ Nov 17 2005, 2:47 PM)
I've watched a few episodes of Laguna, so wait who does this guy play then on that show?
himself? i think its a real life show.
shortiiex
whaTT!!!?????
what;s up with talan these days?!?
he already has a record deal!
Teesa
Whoa, I just read that article a few seconds ago and was like ohmy.gif He's only 19! Sorry, but I don't have high hopes for this one to work out. But best of luck to them nonetheless.
coconutter
I don't even like laguna..
me1issaaaa
Oooohhhhh. Wonder what Kristin & Taylor think of this. rolleyes.gif
Funkadelic.Kiss
QUOTE(MeLoNiSyUmMy @ Nov 17 2005, 1:08 PM)
from 2 weeks to 2 months. hes only effing 19. theyre gonna get divorced.

just like the other quickie couples.
best of luck to them anyways.
ANG33ZY
what the hell ohmy.gif

and he has a record deal? mellow.gif
EXPLO5ION
stubborn.gif What ... the heckk... I don't think he is that good of a singer.
EXPLO5ION
stubborn.gif What ... the heckk... I don't think he is that good of a singer.
simx
Eh... whatever, Talan is ugly
yourfriendsteph
he is way too young, too HOT to be with her.
:(
angelrevelation
TALAN?? ohmy.gif and kimberley stewart? the one who fell of the motorcycle?? why?? and he's only 19...
xcaitlinx
QUOTE(simx @ Nov 18 2005, 2:46 AM)
Eh... whatever, Talan is ugly

NU UH!!!

and i thought that alex m and talan sounded horrible on that one epi of LB. idk why they both have contracts.
hi-C
When - and where - did those two meet?
5ayuri
Um..wow.
He's young.
I don't think isn't going to last.
But Congratulations to them, I guess.
lil_chubby_cheeks2
crazy.gif WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
are you kidding me? thats crazy!
xxheartbreak.
EW. that is disgusting. she is a wreck.
oXMuhNirvanaXo
Im a big rocker of Rod and all wow this shocks me to. I hope she is doing the right thing.
<3
steezahh
QUOTE(xoxo_koala_kisses_ @ Nov 17 2005, 9:20 PM)
Oooohhhhh. Wonder what Kristin & Taylor think of this. rolleyes.gif

ahahaha.... im seriously cracking up because of that.... ahaha...
oh jeeze. that news it suprising.. they`re dumb rich people trying to show off their stuff. thats what i think of it.

i do heart that show tho.

mmmm... i dont like kimberly tho. she seems like a wannabe in the fame world... just because of her dad..

PLEASE DONT CRITIZIZE MY THOUGHTS ON THIS!
MeLoNiSyUmMy
QUOTE(c0cONuTTeR @ Nov 17 2005, 6:44 PM)
I don't even like laguna..

then i pretty much love you.
laguna beach is my most hated tv show.

oh, and i just looked up kimberly s on google images..and she looks..REALLY old. like, talan could be her son.
Teesa
haha, the wedding plans are off.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/...3310240000.html
fameONE
Lucky bastard.

Money (Talan) marrying even more money (Kimberly).

Regardless of if it works out, he's now a part of that 'crowd' (Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan, The Olsens, etc)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.