Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: official FORT MINOR thread
Forums > Community Center > Music
ninjaskickass

Linkin parks Mike Shinoda and the other asian dude from LP and some other randoms make a band under the label Machine Shop....

first album out 22 november 2005 "the rising tied"

site www.fortminor.com

Linkin Park, and in particular their resident emcee Mike Shinoda, have always expressed a keen interest in hip hop and have oft pledged their devotion to the old school ways of doing it. Now, Mr. Shinoda himself has unveiled hip-hop side project, Fort Minor.

In the past, Shinoda has had a brief fling with hip-hop outfit The X-ecutioners and Linkin Park have teamed up with Jay-Z for the mash-up album "Collision Course", so Fort Minor was only a natural progression.

Debut album, "The Rising Tide", was co-produced by Jay-Z and features collaborations with the cream of contemporary hip-hop, including Common, John Legend, Kenna, Black Thought, Linkin Park's Joe Hahn and new Machine Shop artists Styles of Beyond and Holly Brook. It will also provide Shinoda with some time to shine - he wrote every track and plays practically every instrument under the Fort Minor name.

"The Fort Minor record is all about getting back to basics in hip-hop, both sonically and for me personally," says Shinoda. "And working with Jay-Z again has been phenomenal. We can't wait for people to hear the final product."

"The Rising Tide" will released on the 22nd of November, with first single - double A-side "Petrified/Remember The Name" - available for download on October 4th.

GOGOGOGO! theyve released "remember the name" and "petrified" on the net already... pretty effing good...

his myspace www.myspace.com/fortminor
basick
spray paint. lupe fiasco is crack!!!!!!!!!!!!
ninjaskickass
right... crack does weird things
dearfriend
ohgodohgodohgod.

SWEET.
stephinika
awesome. i'm definitely getting their album. mike shinoda rocks.
Tribal J_Rome
ehh they're ok. listened to some of the songs on the site, not as great as LP.
toodlepops.
Is it just me or do they sound exactly like Linkin Park? _unsure.gif
ninjaskickass
its you... its more hip hop....
DrEaMgUy2K1
whered you go, believe me, remember the name, high road...errrrrrr almost all of the tracts are great, i find get me gone pretty funny...

and of coures its gonna sound a little like linkin park, it has mike shinoda! but its more hip hop lol
wind&fire
ahh "Kenji" made me feel sad...
emazing
I'll share with my brother's album, see if I like their beats, and go get a CD for myself. :X
'Course, I'm not going to tell my brother that.
MrElsewhere
i expect great things from this album, beat-wise, since Jay-Z produced it, and lyrically, because Mike Shinoda seems a good lyricist. I liked Remember the Name. :]
vash1530
mike shinoda is a pretty good emcee and im a fan of lp. Can't wait to grab this.
hi-C
They did a track with Kenna? Oooh, that's something I'm definitely going to have to check out.
grab-it
_smile.gif i love fort minor
there better then what i thought they would be happy.gif
simx
some of their songs are pretty good
wind&fire
*bumps*

yeah i know its old but check out Fort Minors "We Major" mixtape remixed by Green Lantern

http://www.fortminor.co.uk/mixtape/download.php

throb.gif FM
Tribal J_Rome
after listening to these guys a bit more I got hooked on them and they're real good. i wanna see them live sometime
sharerol
I like Fort Minor, especially the songs Cigarettes, Kenji, Remember the Name, and Where'd You Go. Some others too. Those just stick out to me.
Tribal J_Rome
QUOTE(wind&fire @ Mar 22 2006, 8:15 PM) *
*bumps*

yeah i know its old but check out Fort Minors "We Major" mixtape remixed by Green Lantern

http://www.fortminor.co.uk/mixtape/download.php

throb.gif FM

thanks for sharing this site, they got good stuff on there :D except for the funkadelic remix lol
xcaitlinx
i love "remember the name"...it's a really good song. =]
technicolour
<3 FM

'enuff said. *nods nods*
Doctor Soul
"Rising Tied" one of the best albums on the year son
Intoxique
I have been playing 'Where'd You Go?' for like 1 hour already. God, I love this song so much. It reminds me of a lot... Singing to other songs on their Myspace, 'Remember The Name' is good too thumbsup.gif.
Simba
Fort Minor is one of my favorite bands.

If anyone really likes "Remember the Name," theres a remix contest for that song going on at ccmixter right now. A lot of people have come up with some pretty sweet remixes.
uLoVeMikeRoch
How is remember the name a good song? It's so god damn pointless. It's about him trying to tell people about him and to respect him. Im sure he could have done a better job then, "10 percent skill, 20 percent gay, 40 percent bullshit and 30 percent just plain stupid." Or whatever the hell he said.

I'm not saying anything about Mike or Fort Minor, I just think this song sucks. The only times I listen to it, is when I want to hear something funny, laugh or if I'm bored as hell. He sound make a comedy album, and this song would be the first track in it.
MrElsewhere
^the hook for that song was kinda wack, gotta admit that.

but the rest of the song isn't all that bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.