Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mary kate takes a break
Forums > Community Center > Music
MeLoNiSyUmMy
Mary-Kate Olsen is officially too cool for school.

ADVERTISEMENT

The brunette twin has pulled out of New York University in order to focus on interests seemingly more captivating than her college classes.

But don't call her a dropout just yet.

"Mary-Kate Olsen has not dropped out, she has simply taken an approved leave of absence to devote more of her time and energy to her business," the teen queen's rep, Michael Pagnotta said in a statement.

"She's passionate about her business, she's become very hands-on about it and there are a lot of new things that are coming from Dualstar that we're not ready to talk about now," Pagnotta added to People magazine.

The 19-year-old and her sister, Ashley, are copresidents of their billion-dollar enterprise, Dualstar Entertainment. Each twin is worth a reported $150 million.

Pagnotta emphasized that Mary-Kate, who was previously treated for an eating disorder, was not leaving school due to any concerns about her health.

"She's not reentering any kind of treatment facility or anything like that," he told People.

The former Full House star's college enrollment status has been questioned numerous times since she matriculated.

Shortly after she started school last year, Mary-Kate made a sudden trip home to Los Angeles, which prompted an explanation from Pagnotta that she was merely on the West Coast on a business matter.

In March, rumors surfaced that the pint-sized mogul might not return to NYU for her sophomore year, again launching Pagnotta into denial mode.

"It's absolutely not true," Pagnotta said in People. "She will continue to be enrolled in NYU in the fall. They both will continue to be enrolled in the fall."

In August, Pagnotta again shot down rumors that Mary-Kate was leaving NYU, claiming that she was pursuing an approved independent study program for credit through a California art school but would remain enrolled at the Gallatin School.

Now it seems the would-be sophomore is forgoing her studies altogether--at least on a temporary basis. Mary-Kate has already relocated to Los Angeles for now, Pagnotta says. Her sister, on the other hand, will continue her college career as planned.

Luckily for Ashley, Mary-Kate's change of plans won't affect her living situation. The duo moved into separate apartments in January and placed the $7.3 million condo they purchased together but never inhabited on the market in March. They have since rented it out for $35,000 a month.

35,000 A MONTH FOR A CONDO?!
ParanoidAndroid
She's rich like that...don't get surprised about what she pays for a condo...

you know i really feel bad for young teens like the Olsens. I bet if everybody would just leave their personal life alone they won't be in so much trouble and stress
Retrogressive
*vomits*

God, if only I WERE A BEAUTIFUL RICH TWIN MOVIESTAR WITH BULIMIA!!!
shortiiex
oo..living in her own apartment without her good twin..finally..don't you just get sick of those two always together
miss barnes
well..ok..i dont think its a big deal..
technicolour
QUOTE(Retrogressive @ Oct 15 2005, 12:46 PM)
*vomits*

God, if only I WERE A BEAUTIFUL RICH TWIN MOVIESTAR WITH BULIMIA!!!

I could do without the bulimia part. The rest..psh heck yes.
aznxdreamer
i dno why we should care about that.
ParanoidAndroid
^exactly

leave the young teens alone
TheReasonWhy
they are just 19 and rich like that! like...duh
gelionie
She doesn't really need to go to unversity anymore since she's making so much money already.
misoshiru
QUOTE(miss barnes @ Oct 16 2005, 5:55 AM)
well..ok..i dont think its a big deal..

huh. i don't either. i feel sorry for teen celebs.
brownsugar08
I doubt she'll go back to college.

I mean it's not like she's an idiot, she could go through the rest of her life perfectly without having anymore schooling...And she certainly has a career to fall back on. Even if she never acted again, she'd have more than enough money to last her the rest of her life.
toodlepops.
She doesn't really need to go to unversity anymore since she's making so much money already.

Ditto. I mean, if I were making millions a day, I wouldn't bother going th college. rolleyes.gif
hi-C
I doubt that she'll come back. She never went to class anyway.
KissMe2408
I"m kinda glad she's doing her own thing now. I mean school isn't for everyone. And she probably could do a lot more with her life focusing on her business more then doing her midterm paper. It"s not suprising tho, i mean lots of people drop out of school when they are actors and all
jooleeah
She makes her own decisions. It doesn't really matter to us anyway :] I wouldn't worry about it if i were you.
Aoiro
Interesting, interesting.
Hey, 35k doesn't seem that much to her.
She's rich.
And someday she will come back.
So...
I guess don't worry?
itsARIE
they are two different people... oh well... she's going to be "mary-kate.." and not "mary-kate and ashley"... she can make her own decisions...
xcaitlinx
QUOTE(toodlepops. @ Oct 16 2005, 8:32 PM)
Ditto. I mean, if I were making millions a day, I wouldn't bother going th college. rolleyes.gif

i would. it's called an education. people don't go to college (well, most of them) simply because they want to study something that will get them a lot of money. i would rather be intelligent and poor than a filthy rich idiot that can't recite teh alphabet.
stephinika
QUOTE(brownsugar08 @ Oct 16 2005, 7:25 AM)

I mean it's not like she's an idiot, she could go through the rest of her life perfectly without having anymore schooling...And she certainly has a career to fall back on. Even if she never acted again, she'd have more than enough money to last her the rest of her life.

my thoughts exactly. she doesn't really have to worry about university so yeah.
reflection
QUOTE(brownsugar08 @ Oct 16 2005, 10:25 AM)

i agree
3ssx
thats crazyy

whoever renting it shold just buy their own condo. yesh
PinkTrash
I don't see why she needs college anyway althought it'll benefit her but she doesn't need much benefit.
Gigi
I think she should've finished with it. I hate it when people do things half-assed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.