Pages: 1, 2
jordanriane
FREE HOSTING
go to the following links to find free hosting:

http://www.hostee.net
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/
http://get-what-you-give.com/

PAID HOSTING
If you're looking into getting a domain, and paying for hosting, but you're not sure who to go with, or who is reliable, here's a list I've collected. Some of them I have been a customer under, and for those I'll provide my input. Feel free to provide new hosts in a reply.

Surpasshosting.com
(Currently with them right now; Cheap, reliable.)

Xanthion.com
(Was with them for about a year; Had problems with their old billing service, 2CO and would not get a reimbursement because of an error on their part, and had the problems monthly, so I left to go with surpass.)

Netrillium.net
(I had a shared account there years ago; It was new then, so the support was fast, and the server speed was pretty quick--but again, that was around '02-'03ish.)

Resellerzoom.com
Ataraxy.net
E-starr.com
Hybridreseller.com
Xionhosting.net
Pathhost.net
myvaluehost.com

If you want to find other hosts, I suggest visiting findmyhosting.com. You can supply specifics when searching (price per month, space, bandwidth, etc.)

Also, if you want to register a domain name, some places to register at:
Godaddy.com
(I use them to host all of my domain names; It's easier to keep track of.)

Dynonames.com
Cheap-domainnames.com
LuvsDogs387
My host is Get-Hosting.net with Promo 1. They are pretty good. I think its one of the best deals around. You get lots of goodies for a really great price. I'd deffinatly reccomend them happy.gif
jordanriane
I have more recommendations! Most of those I researched at a reliable forum, webhostingtalk.com.

All provid shared, reseller (vps), and might also have dedicated.
resellerspanel.com
bestreseller.com
webspacedepot.net
cirtexhosting.com
networkredux.com*
canaca.com
dreamhost.com

* I am actually planning on getting a reseller account with them in the next couple of days. Though I am still staying with surpass as well.
artislife90
I only have one to give, but they are liked greatly by all who use them.

Media Temple (MT)
hlall
i've got mediatemple. can't say i love them.

i was expecting much more from them.

that's right, i said i'm dissatisfied with MT

try surpasshosting. they're good.

oh and for domains-- www.1and1.com
jordanriane
It's okay not be satisfied with a certain company, so the need for the condescending comment was unnessecary.

medic, i've already got dreamhost listed, but thanks for those others.
i've been looking around comparing prices and those are added to my bookmarks. :)
Mulder
my mom has a domain with 1and1

they're really good. well..cheap anyways. she only uses it for an email address.
medic
Edited out, link no longer worked!
Libertie
I'm hosted under http://www.networkredux.com right now, and I have two domains registered under 1and1.com.

1and1 is really great, you can buy domain names for about six bucks, and if you're doing a transfer, you only pay the price of registration, no transfer fees. Also, they do free private registration so all your information isn't available through a whois lookup. Most places make you pay for that stuff. I decided not to go with their hosting package though, it just didn't have enough features.

networkredux had SO much for their price, I chose it hands down as my host. Plus I love cpanel. :) It was too bad that they didn't do domain registration; I probably would have paid whatever they wanted me to in order to NOT have to go through the hassle of a DNS transfer.

Another one is http://www.accuwebhosting.com

^I was with them for about six months, and I just wasn't serious about the site or I'd have stayed with them. Nice control panel and very affordable.
silver-rain
QUOTE(Libertie @ Oct 17 2005, 8:48 PM)
1and1 is really great, you can buy domain names for about six bucks, and if you're doing a transfer, you only pay the price of registration, no transfer fees. Also, they do free private registration so all your information isn't available through a whois lookup. Most places make you pay for that stuff. I decided not to go with their hosting package though, it just didn't have enough features.

Yeah, the store where my boyfriend works has a site with 1and1 that I created. It's pretty cheap, but doesn't really offer that many features.
jordanriane
QUOTE(Libertie @ Oct 17 2005, 8:48 PM)
I'm hosted under http://www.networkredux.com right now, and I have two domains registered under 1and1.com.

I just started with them last night; I'm still waiting for that dns to get registered--I agree with that, but it's not that bad. I'm pretty patient right now.

I ended up going with their most expensive reseller plan, which is pretty damn good compared to everywhere else, and I've looked at god knows how many others places and compared. Still with surpass though.
xtremeliquid
Hm, which host/domain do you think is the best overall?
jordanriane
It depends on what you're looking for exactly.

If you want a good reseller hosting company, I'd recommend surpasshosting, or network redux.

For shared hosting, I'm not too sure, as I haven't had a shared account since aboue 2002/03, and that was with Netrillium, just went the company first started out.
jordanriane
holdfire.net - my new hosting company.
fading dreams
^ I'm looking at your plans and they look excellent. I'm thinking about registering soon.
warriors1035
http://frozenmidnighthosting.com

^^ i have that for my .com

and garrett hosts me for my subdomain and .be, i would recommend m and g. they rule, and have great support
incoherent
QUOTE(warriors1035 @ Feb 4 2006, 12:02 PM)
http://frozenmidnighthosting.com

^^ i have that for my .com
is it just me or does that site look exactly like the microsoft site?
Lightner
http://www.hiya-host.com The Best
warriors1035
QUOTE(incoherent @ Feb 4 2006, 1:33 PM)
is it just me or does that site look exactly like the microsoft site?

yea. it does, and i asked that owner about that. he said that its coded diff and its only the same style, so w/e
incoherent
the coding doesnt matter. it looks like its ripped off from windows.
[2]Nekked
dont get excited, im not back - i had to contact jusun about something.

anyway, heads up... frozenmidnight is a horrible horrible horrible service run by children. they get hacked like every other week and i never had one week without some sort of down time. to top it all off, their customer service is cheeky as hell. DONT GO THERE.

mediatemple was sort of misleading because they offer the ability to host up to x amount of domains, however you cant actually resell (they advertise that you can resell, they use the word "resell", say the plan is popular for "reselling" but once you get an account and look at their manual it says "not for reselling" because they dont let you give all your additional domains exclusive access to their own control panels and ftp. they would have to go through your username and password. but their support/customer service was excellent. and they play really cool music on the phone when they put you on hold.

resellerzoom.com has some good and affordable plans.

oh and cliquemb.com offers hosting plans for domains and subdomains.
abercrombiekid
i say dreamhost has the best deals.. most reliable service..

use promo code 888 for discounts ;]
medic
Here is another one (I own this one LOL)

www.BlackHawkData.com
snaple
I have used www.hostinginsiders.com and www.surpasshosting.com

Hosting Insiders and Surpass Hosting are both very reliable and very cheap.
justbishop
I can't believe that no one has mentioned Total Choice Hosting

One of the main reasons that I chose them about 3 years ago was the fact that they don't make you pay for a year (or even 3 months) at a time. I've always been on their silver plan, and I've never had a low disk space or bandwidth problem, even when my old site's forums were really active. And one thing I noticed while looking at some of the other sites ya'll have recc'd is that alot of them measure bandwidth in mb. TCH's plans all list it in GB.

Anyway, I'm paying $5.00/month for Cpanel and unlimited mySQL/email accounts/subdomains/CGI/Perl/PHP/FTP accounts, as well as 1200mb disk space and 40GB of bandwidth. And no set up fee :)
jordanriane
QUOTE(justbishop @ May 16 2006, 11:56 AM) *
I can't believe that no one has mentioned Total Choice Hosting

One of the main reasons that I chose them about 3 years ago was the fact that they don't make you pay for a year (or even 3 months) at a time. I've always been on their silver plan, and I've never had a low disk space or bandwidth problem, even when my old site's forums were really active. And one thing I noticed while looking at some of the other sites ya'll have recc'd is that alot of them measure bandwidth in mb. TCH's plans all list it in GB.

Anyway, I'm paying $5.00/month for Cpanel and unlimited mySQL/email accounts/subdomains/CGI/Perl/PHP/FTP accounts, as well as 1200mb disk space and 40GB of bandwidth. And no set up fee :)

Whether a site lists in MB or GB is no difference at all. If anyone is interesting in getting their domain a hosting package, they should know how to convert MB to GB and vice versa.

1024x40=40960MB
1200/1024 = 1.17GB
medic
QUOTE(BoostDsmer @ Jun 9 2006, 2:49 PM) *
I have been thinking about trying 1and1.com they seem to be a good service and they are cheaper than godaddy.com take a look at the site, it might be something worth getting for someof you..

1and1.com has some of the worst hosting out there, all they are interested in is Domains. GoDaddy is one of the better cheap hosts, one thing I do not like though is that you have to wait 15mins-1 Day for any changes to take effect. So if you make a MySQL database it will take 15mins-1 Day to get activated, same goes for emails. Plus if you buy Windows hosting on accidents instead of Linux, it takes 2 days - 3 days to fix that. They do have awesome support though. One downfall of GoDaddy is that they do not offer cPanel, the worlds #1 web hosting Control Panel, and in my experiences is the easiest to use.

1 and 1 is a NO GO! Trust me.
wildncrazyath3rt
i use p4host.com
and use godaddy.com for my domain

p4host has 24$ yr plans .. and very good service and very good site up time.. 99.8%=]
i <3 them for it
jumper
I noticed some people said they wern't too happy with Media Temple, I thought they were supposed to be quite good. Is that not the case?
speakerboxx123
biz.ly

free[and paid] hosting
orgasm
Question:

I had like an hour of downtime with Surpass Hosting today and uploading things is extremely slow at certain times of the day (mid-morning to mid-afternoon and midnight)... I wasn't too concerned, but just in case, I decided to read some reviews that weren't posted in their forums...

It seems like everybody keeps saying that they WERE good but now they're going downhill. I mean, I didn't think the "problems" I was experiencing was that big of a deal since my site's just a small portfolio... but the thing is that I have a shared hosting accoung with my dad's company business site and if Surpass is going to have "23 downtime cases in a week!", that's just not going to cut it.

So... can anybody tell me about their Surpass Hosting experiences? Preferably within 2007.
halofreak
QUOTE(artislife90 @ Oct 15 2005, 07:15 PM) *
I only have one to give, but they are liked greatly by all who use them.

Media Temple (MT)

I was going to reccomend the same host. I have been with them for a year or so, and they are a great A+ host.
yuvanextgen
I go with my partner Bignetwork.in
He creates good content to best of our customer needs
kimo
I use the host 1and1 (http://1and1.com) - it's great except for the cancaltion process. You have to manually do it or else they will recharge you for it!
rainwater891
i recommend http://hostaffect.com.
i was hosted with them (shared), and they're super reliable! :)
their plans are very reasonably priced too.
andyy
I will like to recommend my host, reliable and very prompt in service.
24x7 live support, 99.95% uptime guarantee what else you want ;)
Ref : www.webhosting.uk.com for more details on hosting plans....
libertie
I've been hosted with NetworkRedux for a couple of years now, and I've very much enjoyed my experience with them so far. I just have to say, though, 1and1 has seriously upped their game - they have great customer support, cheap plans, and reliable hosting. Up to this point, I've always used 1and1 to register my domain names and networkredux for hosting, but I've got a side project hosted on 1and1 now because they offered SO much for such a small price. Very happy with it, despite the fact that I do miss cpanel quite a bit.
medic

I have been with DreamHost for almost 4 years.

No complaints at all. Clustered boxes, amazing uptime, fast support, large disk space, massive amounts of bandwidth and much much more.

I have a $97.00 off coupon if needed PM me and I will give it too ya. Honestly, they are amazing at what they do.
libertie
Wow Garrett, if I would've known two weeks ago I might've taken you up on that coupon. Thanks for sharing, though. :)
illriginal
hostway.com
Friend14
I am with some free hosts now , want to go for paid hosting soon.
Nijnebeest
My host is Hosting2go. It's not free, but with a domainname, and damn good!
Maccabee
How do you get your own server?
synatribe
QUOTE(JosephCohen123 @ May 8 2008, 11:32 AM) *
How do you get your own server?

Im not sure if your old enough or have that kind of money and you probably wont even need that much space unless your planning to become a hosting company.
ForgiveTheSinner
I was hosted on Zymic.com for a while, it's not bad and you get cpanel.
rockable
In my opinion, I think 1and1.co.uk (or .com) are the best for hosting and domain registration. :)

Ive been hosted with 1and1 for 2 years now and I have never had any problems and my site has never been down. I bought a domain from them about a year and a half ago too, and thats fantastic. I must admit though, the features arent the best in the world, but its really reliable. :)

Another good hosting place is http://www.hostnsurf.net
GunsNRachel
I've recently started using www.awardspace.com
I think they're probably the best site I've used so far. With a free account you get 200 MB of space, 5 GB traffic, 5 emails, 5 sub domains, and 2 domains (if you already have the domains)

Just thought I'd share it with you guys =)
synatribe
I'd also like to share, well there a site calledc
hostbidder.com and posting on the forums get you points and points get you domains and hosting:]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.