Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with blog and positioning and stuff?
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > Xanga Support > Xanga Resolved Topics
khraene
I normally don't like to ask for help, but this is really bothering me and I can't fix it...

I made a new layout with a picture [as the background] positioned in the bottom left. Now, I'm trying to place a scrolling text space next to it but I can't figure out how to do that so it'll be the same in all resolutions and most browsers.

And before I try to position the blog, the background pic stays in the same place, but when I do position it, the page starts scrolling and the background stays fixed [because I fixed it, haha] and the xanga ad and the blog start moving, messing up my positioning. But that's only in Firefox.

Did anyone understand that? blink.gif So anyways, I was wondering if there was some kind of attribute that would keep the blog at the bottom of the page no matter what, and how [if possible] I could make it so that you couldn't scroll on the page in Firefox. Because I used the overflow:hidden attribute but you can still scroll in Firefox.

That was long. Er....here's my header code:

And my test xanga that I'm having all the problems with.
musique
its cause you're using firefox. i know what you're talking about because i have firefox too.
khraene
Yeah, I know xD But it's just really annoying and I want to fix it so not only my IE friends can see it working, but so it works for me and my Firefox friends.
hi-C
You might benefit from reading this: http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=89478
khraene
Thanks =] I've seen that before, and I tried the it...heh, it might have just been me, but it moved in IE too...=/
talcumpowder
It doesn't if you do it correctly. The finished result would not be similar to this...
CODE
/* layout junk */
#content{position: absolute;
left: 453px;!important top: 395px;!important
left: 453px; top: 415px; width: 365px; overflow: none; font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;}
#side{position: absolute;
left: 195px;!important top: 395px;!important
left: 195px; top: 415px; width: 230px; overflow: none; font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;}
h1{font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 16pt; color: #FF99CC; border-bottom: #FF9999;}
hr{border: 1px solid #FF99CC;}
Then for the resolution issue.... There have been topics on that, so you should search this forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.