Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gorillaz
Forums > Community Center > Music
ParanoidAndroid
I am an old average fan of the Gorillaz. Does anyone who is more of a fan than me or anyone at all know what the Gorillaz look like? I know Noodle is a girl... but idk what they all really look like
kill.t3h.r0cK
biggrin.gif Ironic.

Well, it's a side project of Damon Albarn, he is 2D. He's in the British band, Blur.

He's kinda pretty. stubborn.gif I get bored, I look up things.
The artist is Jamie Hewlett, J.H did MSI's FGWSSS cover art as well.
Chii
when i was watching that video "feel good" i was wondering about where noodle was... _unsure.gif

i like murdoc throb.gif tongue.gif
AngryBaby
yeah what the hell do those guys look like? i saw somebody draw a picture of them in human form on deviant art, but thats about it
xmkaex
hrm...this confuses me...

how do they do live performances?...
AngryBaby
QUOTE(x_lilvietdreamer_x @ Oct 2 2005, 10:27 PM)

i was thinking the same thing^, maybe they dont?
Hiphop d[-_-]b
I like the gorillaz a lot. I love their video for Clint Eastwood. It was wonderful.

My brother said that the characters that are supposed to depict the people behind the anime really look nothing like them

And wasnt Dirty Harry the girl ?
TheReasonWhy
QUOTE(andromeda_90 @ Oct 2 2005, 5:42 PM)
I am an old average fan of the Gorillaz. Does anyone who is more of a fan than me or anyone at all know what the Gorillaz look like? I know Noodle is a girl... but idk what they all really look like

so gorillaz dont show up in real people? whoa. i never know mellow.gif
Chii
QUOTE(x_lilvietdreamer_x @ Oct 2 2005, 10:27 PM)

they don't. however, the people who created them are trying to make holograms or something so they can have a live performance in a few years...i doubt that will work though.
Aoiro
QUOTE(Chii @ Oct 3 2005, 8:53 AM)
they don't. however, the people who created them are trying to make holograms or something so they can have a live performance in a few years...i doubt that will work though.

That's what I heard on the radio.
But they won't do any tours until like, 2007 because of the possibility of holograms.
>w<
karrar
I wen't to Hfstival in D.C a few years ago when clint eastwood was hot, they had like 5 flat screens come up from down under the ground with each memeber of the band doing what they do. They'd walk to each others screens and all kinda crap.
eunie03
QUOTE(Hiphop d[-_-)
b, Oct 2 2005, 10:46 PM]And wasnt Dirty Harry the girl ?

Nah... Noodle is.
Who's Dirty Harry?
ParanoidAndroid
QUOTE(x_lilvietdreamer_x @ Oct 2 2005, 9:27 PM)

They don't do live performances ANYMORE. the first time they did a live performance, they still hid themselves by putting an animation screen in front of the bad, replacing their image with cartoons... after that, their live shows have been unsuccessful

well that's what i heard from my sister cuz she saw one of the shows
hi-C
QUOTE(Chii @ Oct 2 2005, 8:53 PM)
when i was watching that video "feel good" i was wondering about where noodle was... _unsure.gif

i like murdoc throb.gif  tongue.gif

She was playing the guitar on the floating island.
Chii
QUOTE(Madame C @ Oct 3 2005, 8:30 PM)
She was playing the guitar on the floating island.

really...? this is what noodle looks like and i don't recall her being in the video _unsure.gif

silver-rain
QUOTE(Chii @ Oct 3 2005, 10:15 PM)
really...? this is what noodle looks like and i don't recall her being in the video _unsure.gif

No, I do think it was her on that floating island.
justdecent
From what I understand, the members of Gorillaz have the cartoon characters based on their alter egos.

It's really kind of crazy how far they will go with it. I've seen interviews with them, and I think that 'they' also write the songs.

Never knew they toured before, but the holigram sounds like it might be pretty cool if they could pull it off the right way.
ParanoidAndroid
QUOTE(justdecent @ Oct 4 2005, 9:23 AM)
From what I understand, the members of Gorillaz have the cartoon characters based on their alter egos.

It's really kind of crazy how far they will go with it.  I've seen interviews with them, and I think that 'they' also write the songs.

Never knew they toured before, but the holigram sounds like it might be pretty cool if they could pull it off the right way.

yeah the Bassist (is the bassist Murdoc?) looks so hawt in cartoon but in real life he doesn't look so good (i've seen a pic)
danielle_x3
in the 'feel good inc' video, there were people rapping on the screen behind. were those band members?
theguywhoknowstuff
lol.. yes noodle was on the floating island.. must not be very observing .. noodle is the bands guitar player..and what's she doing on the floating island.. that's right playing guitar.. now go back to your mtv TRL :)
hi-C
QUOTE(danielle_x3 @ Oct 9 2005, 10:18 AM)
in the 'feel good inc' video, there were people rapping on the screen behind.  were those band members?

No. That was De La Soul, an old school hip-hop group.
Soleil
Hmm I remember there was an interview with 1 or 2 members about keeping Gorillaz going...and that when i saw them.
5ayuri
QUOTE(Madame C @ Oct 14 2005, 5:13 PM)
No.  That was De La Soul, an old school hip-hop group.

Really?..Damn I thought that was them..
I want to see how they look like.
My cousin said they appeared in some award show.
hi-C
QUOTE(bab3egurl8o5 @ Nov 10 2005, 11:46 PM)
Really?..Damn I thought that was them..
I want to see how they look like.
My cousin said they appeared in some award show.

Yeah, the MTV European Music Awards. They performed with the Gorillaz. That was such a surreal experience because the Gorillaz were...real blink.gif Like 3D-ish and stuff.
add1cted2f1re
QUOTE(andromeda_90 @ Oct 2 2005, 6:42 PM)

noodle?! is a liitle asian BOY
hi-C
^ No she's not. Noodle is a little Japanese girl.
add1cted2f1re
QUOTE(Madame C @ Nov 11 2005, 2:11 AM)
^ No she's not.  Noodle is a little Japanese girl.

really? well... FUSE said it was a boy

o well
hi-C
Taken from the bio at the Gorillaz official fansite (http://fans.gorillaz.com/bio.php):

^ Click for larger view.

Maybe you misheard what they said on Fuse because she's definitely a girl.
o0olaalaa
i like their music video "DARE" its funny how he dances lol. nope i dunno how they looks like pinch.gif theres a bald guy though in that video
hi-C
^ Are you sure it's a guy dancing around? I haven't seen the video in a few weeks but I thought it was Noodle.
dahding
noodle's a girl for crying out loud. she's a 10 year old japanese girl.

she's the one playing her little guitar on the floating island in feel good inc.
she's the one doing her freaky little dance in DARE.

Official biography 1 (source: first Gorillaz promo booklet / Tomorrow Comes Today EP enhanced section / Celebrity Take Down Booklet, first published November 2000)
Born: Osaka
Influences: Haiku poetry, Loa Zi, Richie Sambora
Noodle arrived in a crate. She's a kick ass riffmeister, the Asian axe princess. Doesn't speak more than a word of English, and that word is "Noodle." Martial Arts expert, little ice maiden, she looks at the world through unfazed eyes.Usually found with Russel. Special zen bond with 2D. Tickled by Murdoc's desperation.Irrepressible. Inscrutable. Irresistable. Likes: Power Puff Girls, Tomagatchi pets, Pokemon, Yo-yo's, her new radio headphone hat, rice and noodles.

unless if she had a sex change, she's still a girl.
kill.t3h.r0cK
Ok, I'm late with this reply but I found this today.

It's just about 3 guys. Damon Albarn, Dan the Automator, and Del tha funky Homosapien? Yerp. Damon Albarn knows martial arts. I'm not sure about Noodle, I'm not sure there is even a person that represents her...
hi-C
^ But Del isn't in that picture. The dude with the afro is Danger Mouse.

Edit: Right. Perhaps I should've said that (In response to Brandon's post).
fameONE
DJ Danger Mouse isn't part of the Gorillaz, he's just an up and coming underground producer that did the mix on their latest album.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.