Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: razor
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
sprezzatura
my razor seems like it can't shave off my underarm hair and it is causing me to have bumps too. but it works well when i shave leg hair etc.

why? and what should i do now?
angelrevelation
i'm not sure why it's not working... but maybe you should try waxing
lovescream
my armpit is in an odd shape. i mean like, you really have to straighten it out so that the razor can cut out all of the hair. or maybe get somebody else to cut it for you so that they can see.
Aoiro
You can do waxing, but if you want the hair to come off, you'll have to do it in a kind of painful way.
Pluck 'em.
mellow.gif
jennyjenny
Get a seperate razor for your underarm hair?
IamRad
^thats wat i was gonna suggest
kodomo_ja_nai
just pluck the hair off.. it's more efficient... but you have to have a lot of patience and time for that..
b0st0ngrl
Straighten out your arm first and try to press down a little harder with your razor. That might help _smile.gif
xklipse
pluck them, i've learn that shaving cause your underarms to have bumps, and slightly darkish
lilliannnn
Shave in all directions, even diagonal, while pulling the skin tight.
Archana

Bumps = sensitive skin/irritated skin
Sue a better gel/cream that helps?
I use a lotion, called Nair, I dont use a razor [8
shortiiex
wax or use those hair romver lotion..it works well with my leg hair..so it shoudl work on the arm too
mai_z
If you still wanna shave, use a sharp razor (ie. new), and put your arm straight up, like you're reaching for the ceiling. Then shave in different directions, cuz the hair grows in different ways, just so you get all angles. Hope that helps!
ParanoidAndroid
QUOTE(Cake. @ Sep 26 2005, 6:42 PM)
Get a seperate razor for your underarm hair?

Yup. Seperate razor ALLLL the way
nerdxcore
yeah. try waxing. does nair really work as good as it says?
mai_z
QUOTE(nerdxcore @ Sep 28 2005, 8:58 PM)
yeah. try waxing. does nair really work as good as it says?

nair smells like burning flesh. Use veet...or shoppers drug mart brand (green tea), it takes longer, but smells way better.
MeLoNiSyUmMy
its probably becuase you need to replace your razor...
OhXiet_ItzDonnA
QUOTE(mai_z @ Sep 28 2005, 4:53 PM)
If you still wanna shave, use a sharp razor (ie. new), and put your arm straight up, like you're reaching for the ceiling. Then shave in different directions, cuz the hair grows in different ways, just so you get all angles. Hope that helps!

Yeah. That's what I was thinking.

Anyways, doing that^ probably shaves the hair out more.
SillyCourtney
Try one of those new hair removal pen things. I don't know how well it would work but it might be worth a shot.
heyyeh
waxing would be the easiest
Julie Ann
I heard DON'T ever wax your armpits. It can hert bad. Try different types of razors instead. Sorry I can't be of more help.
elaboratedream
oooo razorblade... sorry, back to the topic, you should get a seperate razor for your underarm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.