Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do i convince my dad...
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
azndreamer
Okay so i got asked to homecoming by this really sweet guy and i wanna go. Only problem is im strictly not allowed to go to any school dances. So how do i convince my dad to let me go to this one? Any ideas?

Thx guys! i tried talking to him, he got kinda mad but he agreed to let me go and pick me up at 10. Better than not going tho so thank yous! biggrin.gif
eunie03
You'd be surprised how understanding parents can be sometimes...

Of course they'll all immediately say no before you can get out, "May I...."

Especially with Asian folks (assuming you're Asian)

If you talk to them... they give in eventually. Sometimes.

Why doesn't he let you anyway?
BrokenDream
Ha. It's always the dads doing this to girls. That cracks me up.

Anyways,
well, unless you don't want to, ask him why can't I go? I mean, there has to be a very good reason why. If it's just, "Because I told you so" or what not, ehh, not a good reason.

I suggest asking him very nicely. Remind him how he always wanted to go to a dance, or whatever, when he was young, and how it felt when parents say no. Who knows, it might work!
throb.gif Melissa
i_love_billie_joe
wots homecomming?? blink.gif
My_chemical_tomato
Whatever you do, don't pout! Make yourself look mature and able to take care of yourself at the dance! Tell him to hear you out before he says no, and if he lets you go this one time you will prove you are responsible enough to go to the next one, and stuff.

I was strictly not allowed to have boyfriends till I was 16, but I felt bad about keeping a secret from my mom so I told her. She wasn't upset, I wasn't grounded, and she understood. And after things ended badly with him, she's like muh best friend and it's funny to me when she calls my ex boyfriend a shmuck.

So just talk to him,
he should understand.

<33 Liz
aera
i have an easier way: start crying. >< my parents always fall for that...
but if want a more mature way, do what everybody said. good luck =]
Archana

Goodluck.

Do what desiree said ^
angelrevelation
talk to him about it... and let him set most of the rules on his terms (like time to be back and stuff) good luck! happy.gif
parallel
Okay. That is extremely stupid. Why can't you go to frickin dances?
How do your parents know what you do?
Just sneak out.
[Bad influence]
Olive
1. throw a tantrum
or
2. sulk in the corner refusing to eat and threaten to not breath whilst chucking him frequent "dirties" like this --> _dry.gif
or
3. roll on the floor shrieking in agony until someone drags you out of the room.

Best of luck.

Olive
xbby_charmz
hmm what i did before hah what i did was i gave a reasonable explanation say hey its homecoming my teachers will be supervising and i havent been to a dance yet and please can i go to one in my highschool life cause hey you only get to be a kid once right and if that dont work lie say your like sleeping at your friends or something.. best of wishes with your dreamy date! biggrin.gif
BOLIN_Vee
man...i would just sneak out...i'm siriouse. when my parents wouldn't let me go to a baseball game with my friends, i said "i'm gonna go do my homework and then hit the hay" and i just went out the door. xept that was only one time and i cant do it anymore because my folks got the little thing on the door that goes "BEEBEEPBEEPBEPP" when u open it.

or....maybe sneaking out is a bad idea, cause for homecoming you gotta get all pretty and they'll be like "what r u dressing up for?"

so maybe u should just talk to them and compromise. tell them you'll be back at any time they want you to.
shortiiex
well congrats for convincing your dad...and i agree it is a lot better than not going
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.