Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i can't get the shampoo out of my hair!!
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
left_alone
This has been really annoying. _dry.gif Each time I take a shower, the shampoo won't come out completely! I use regular shampoos like Dove & Garnier. When I get out of the shower and brush my hair - suds come out! I go back in and try to massage the shampoo out but it doesn't work. My friends told me conditioner helps but not for me.

I have another hair problem. It takes an insane amount of time to blow dry my hair and I have had numerous times where i get up at 6:40 just to get ready for school and so i don't miss the bus (I'm in middle school). Is it really true that if you don't blow dry your hair that it will be frizzy? I need tips on how to make my hair look good and not miss the bus (because i have no other options on how to get to school).

Thanks biggrin.gif
lilliannnn
That's weird about the shampoo thing, I really don't know what to tell you.

But, it's not true that youre hair will be frizzy if you don't blow dry it. I never blow dry it.. But it is true that it will look better if you DO blowdry it, ya know? And you get up at 6:40!? Girl, you have it good. If I wanted to blow dry my hair I'd have to get up at 5.
annalucky
It might be that your shower head isn't ..like water out strong enough? I don't know. That's what happened to me once and my friend told me it might be that.

6:40? You do have it good..
_sarcastic_
i'm not sure what you can do about the shampoo with hair thing, maybe you're just not scrubbing properly at the places that still have suds.

no my hair doesn't have to be blown dry every morning, it doesn't get frizzy but woah 6:40? you're really cutting it close
Aoiro
Er, it's really hard to say...
The only think I can tell you is just keep on washing your hair, for a while.
Maybe call the shampoo company and ask.
That's all I can say.
D:
IamRad
rinse alot..i mean alot...and instead of blowdrying just tie ur hair up? or leave it to dry and see what happens
`SWTWiNKLE3YES
Maybe you use too much shampoo?
xcaitlinx
^ yeah , that's what i was thinking.

how long exactly do you rinse it out? i rinse mine out for 3-5 minutes at the most. then i put conditioner in...maybe you should try using that.
shortiiex
you are just massaging and rinisng the right part
....and use moose so it won't get all frizzy while hair is still wet
Archana

I air-dry every day. Nothing happens.
Blow-dryers damage your hair overtime.
OhXiet_ItzDonnA
well, u can try to run ur fingers to through ur roots after the conditioner and then like kinda shake ur hair, u know? Kinda sound wierd but yeah, shake ur hair while u running through ur roots.
x0143637x0
well for the second problem blow drying your hair makes it damaged. it would be healthier for your hair if you air dry it. makes it shine even more. thats what i do and mine never gets dry or frizzy
My_chemical_tomato
For your first problem: Spend a little more time in the shower, and if your showerhead is detachable run the water from the root of your hair do to the ends and with your hands wring it on your way down. If your showerhead is not detachable do this in the sink (and make sure to clean the hair out of it too!). You have to make sure you get all of it out, that'll lead to dandruff.

For the second problem, you can put your hair in an updo, or gel it back, or use pins, or moose it, and it should work out fine if you have good hair. Blow dryers damage your hair and make it all dry and kinda crispy I would say. I just run some water or gel in my hair and call it a day, and it comes out fine.

Hope I helped!

<33 Liz
o0olaalaa
i have a really strong shower head it goes on full blast! lols also i read that its better to air try it its more healthy for your hair and i dunno about the shampoo getting stuck cuz i think thats kinda weird..hmm maybe you have like absorbant hair or something? or your comb is full of suds
timeflies51
QUOTE(archana @ Sep 21 2005, 10:05 PM)

I air-dry every day. Nothing happens.
Blow-dryers damage your hair overtime.

Yep.
BrokenDream
Ehh.. maybe too much shampoo or conditioner [sp?]. I have no idea.
jennyjenny
DON'T USE THAT MUCH SHAMPOO!
yes, use less shampoo. And yeah, maybe your shower doesn't give off enough water. You might want to turn on the bathtub faucet and rinse your head under that for more water pressure. And I never blowdry. I just towel dry until it's like a little damp and I go to school like that.

You might want to consider getting a haircut?
mona lisa
The frizziness depends on your hair type so that is not true.

When you rinse your hair, part it in the middle and get the shampoo out. Part it on the right and rinse. Then on the left and rinse again. Then little by little, move parts of your hair out of the way and slowly massage your head. Hope that wasn't as confusing.
ParanoidAndroid
Last week I started to STOP using shampoo and conditioner and started just rinsing my hair.. then i brushed it to make it smoothe (which was easier than I thought) and the whole day my hair was bouncy and shiny

I think you should do that
Nugget
Yeah, it's probably because you use too much shampoo. For me, I just put a little bit at a time as I put it on my hair until I got my whole head. It's either less shampoo or more washing is all I can say.

I don't blowdry my hair a lot. Actually, I barely do. Only if I must. It still looks good after it drys, but it's like, wavy so I straighten it.
Heewee
Try using less shampoo, as others have said. About blow drying your hair, my hair would always take FOREVER to dry because it's really thick but then I went out and bought a really really good blow dryer and it only takes about 10 minutes tops for me to blow dry it completely. What helps me to dry it quicker is to take a shower at night and then let my hair air dry while i'm sleeping. Usualy it's not dried all the way so in the morning I blow dry my damp hair for about five minutes. My hair can get really frizzy, also, and straightning it helps me out a LOT.
dragyn
One big hint: You massage the shampoo in, and rinse the shampoo out. Other than that, there's not much I can say.
itsnever4ever
wow ya that happens to me sometimes too when i get out of the shower i notice that there is still a little bit shampoo in my hair sometimes i just liek get back in and continue to rinse or i just make sure to rinse it really well, also maybe its the shampoo you are using
FLIPxADDICTION
Mix your shampoo and some water in your hands before you put it in your head. Sorry if that doesn't help because I never had trouble with having shampoo residu in my head.

When I use a blowdryer my hair gets super dry but I use it to not get my bangs so wavy and the ends of my hair not to flip out.
BOLIN_Vee
ahhh that really sucks!!!! theres some stuff that my mom uses to take the friz out and its called "CHI Silk Infusion" it really works for my mom. i think u should take showers at night, kinda after dinnerish so u have time to blow dry ur hair then. then when u wake up, all u have to do is brush it.

ps: u wake up at 6:40? i wake up at 6:00 cause i have ADD and it takes me forever to get ready....i'll be like WALKING to my closet to get my uniform then i'll be like.....uhh....what was i doing? or i'll just pause for a really long time. and i like to wach tv alot in the morning so....lol getting up early is a good idea for me.
FarfromLonely0x
That is odd. Try not to use a ton of shampoo. Always use conditioner and if nothing works, I guess spend more time in the shower?

As for the other hair question, It all depends on what type of hair you have. If your hair is naturally curly, yes it may get a little frizzy. Mine is naturally straight so if i let it air dry, nothing happens. Try letting it dry like that.

Good luck x3
mzteriouzme007
when i was a teeny and my mom washed my hair for me, she washed it about 3 times and squeeze all the water out and then rinse it again before she let me out.
azngrl7691
yea just stand in the shwoer for a while .
but um sumone sed sumthign about sleepign with ur hair wet but wen i do that in the morning my hair is really messed up nd i think itll make u cold? so i wudnt...
mai_z
Mmm....try not to use so much shampoo. You sound liek you have like long thick hair or something. When you rinse, try aiming the shower head at your scalp and really let it run through, then flip your hair over and rinse from the back of your head. That's probably where the shampoo is getting caught up. In terms of the frizzing....try using more conditioner?
toria66622
try parting your hair and rinse half at a time or flip it upside down to get the shampoo out
pictures
Sounds like too much shampoo, you should really try to use a tiny bit, then rinse, under hot, the another tiny bit, and it under cold. You should also wash out the conditioner under FREEZING water. It makes it smooth & shiny. And no, not blow drying your hair doesnt make it frizzy, actually, blow drying your hair makes it frizzy, because of the hit. The best way is air dry, so you may need to start showering the night before. Air drying your hair is way healthier for your hair. [
davinci
Wow, this is two years old..

QUOTE(pictures @ Sep 3 2007, 11:28 AM) *
Sounds like too much shampoo, you should really try to use a tiny bit, then rinse, under hot, the another tiny bit, and it under cold. You should also wash out the conditioner under FREEZING water. It makes it smooth & shiny. And no, not blow drying your hair doesnt make it frizzy, actually, blow drying your hair makes it frizzy, because of the hit. The best way is air dry, so you may need to start showering the night before. Air drying your hair is way healthier for your hair. [
And you may want to use a darker shade of green... :x
Animeloverhk93
that happens to me too.
i think you should make sure you wash out your shampoo .
oh and with my hair, if i dont blow dry it, it turns frizzy . XD but i bought a new hair dry by vidal sasoon and its like the Ion one. yeah its tootally great. i keep mine on warm. and like the hair dryers that come with the things to put on the head of it, is greaaaaaat! . :]
jue
I don't know about the shampoo thing, but it used to happen to me with conditioner. But that was just cause I was little and I didn't really wash my hair well. As for the blow drying, I don't blow dry my hair. I just air dry.
pictures
QUOTE(davinci @ Sep 3 2007, 10:31 AM) *
Wow, this is two years old..

And you may want to use a darker shade of green... :x

Is this purple okay? yeah, that green was really bright. rolleyes.gif
RAWRstephishere
Rinse out your hair longer?

It depend on your hair if it gets frizzy or not.

You can always wake up earlier, or take a shower before you go to bed.
Michelle
Try rinsing your out with cool water; it's supposed to help remove shampoo. Also, massage your scalp with your finger tips. It's the worst to have shampoo left-overs in your scalp.
xirisx
hmmm..personally i dont blowdry it makes my hair look prickly and dry and stick out in the air.. when your hair is wet just every now and then brush your fingers thru your hair to keep it down but bring a hair tie to school just in case biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.