Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Local Band Thread
Forums > Community Center > Music
Levy2k6
POST YOUR FAVORITE LOCAL BANDS and Show Love/Comment!
make sure to post the band name, genre, little bio/info/story, link (if available)

i have a love for music and i really enjoy going to local shows. i've seen tons of bands and im not probaly the only one. i decided to make this because it be cool to check out new bands i have never heard of and it be fun way to talk about music which isnt mainstream radio stuff.

but yeah, check out Juneau and tell me how much u like them!

www.myspace.com/juneaurock
Post Hardcore / Rock
Juneau plays in the Houston area and they been around for a year or two.. most of the kids who play are still in high school and there all young. they usually get huge crowds and the shows are always fun.

this is a legit topic right?
d0nchikit0
I Guess It Is.. I made a topic about some band called Ghost Town Symphony and It Hasn't Been Closed yet.. So yeah, that's the band I am going to talk about.

myspace.com/ghosttownsymphony
purevolume.com/ghosttownsymphony

They have a funny story. One of the members, or more I'm not sure, was in Armor For Sleep and left the band to make other music. Plus I know the lead singer of Ghost Town Symphony lol
BarreL
i support local music 100% . i've got some favourites from around my area

Stiff Resistance
Cretin Grimms
The Action Figures
Finding Steve Cunningham
The Roosevelts
Pleading Silence
September Burning

thats a pretty good summary of our local bands . we've a bunch more that are really good .

you should go find some local music cuz the underground shit is usually the best kinda music .
Levy2k6
i digged ghosttownsymphony and some of ur bands Barrel.

check out The Last Starfighter (Post Hardcore)
www.myspace.com/thelaststarfighter

there really cool and very big around houston area, they gone on tour around the US and there just awesome
nopattern
Still Together:
The Color of May
The Vanished

Broken Up:
Late Shift

That's all I can think of now.
jsmooth4ever
From what I hear they sound good some parts he could use a double but their good though.
Levy2k6
QUOTE(jsmooth4ever @ Sep 17 2005, 9:03 PM)
From what I hear they sound good some parts he could use a double but their good though.

what band u talking about?

BTW, Check out A STAR IN ASIA (my fav local band!)
Powerpop/Psychadelic/Emo band
www.myspace.com/astarinasia!

there the coolest band EVER!
kill.t3h.r0cK
Theodore Grimm

Aww, I luff 'em! They're actually one of my favorite local bands...I haven't seen any of their shows because I don't live in Nutley anymore, but their music is fantastic. That whole eerie, ghost thing going on as well. Kills me, really.

A True Story
A True Story on PureVolume

I think they're both pretty shnazzy. whistling.gif
angelrevelation
i only know one local band... rolleyes.gif Elite Stranger. they record by my church _smile.gif their website

genre- indie/emo/pop
from seattle, WA

i've only seen them once... they came to our school. i thought they were great happy.gif
Levy2k6
i dig the bands here's another fav of mine..

punk/rock

Drive by June - www.myspace.com/dbj
sm0kinm0nky
Losing Interest - www.myspace.com/losinginterest

Edison, NJ's favorite Ska band.
I'm pretty sure the band started last year as seniors at the highschool i go to and there now freshmen at college. THe Lineups changed alot, and the drummer is my neighbor so the band is usually practicing by my house and I hear / see them alot. They bascially sound like Catch 22 so if you like Catch 22 you should like this local ska band.

For Helen - www.myspace.com/forhelen

Edison, NJ's favoirte posthardcore/emo/indie band
I don't know much about this local band since they live on the other side of my town but I've heard there music and they're awsome they got recordings and they sound pro. Very good band.
emazing
I really like Stereostar FM, they play in the Bay Area in California.
For more information, you can check their website at www.stereostarfm.com.
My teacher plays in the band, too. :X
I got a free CD, haha. Anywho, yup.
Levy2k6
ska lovers? check out Beligerous.. we personally think they suck but they been on the top 10 bands on PureVolume

www.beligerous.net
www.purevolume.com/beligerous

and Kushak

www.myspace.com/kushak
almost saw these guys at a show but it was very hectic..
angelrevelation
daphne loves derby! _smile.gif the website

they're from kent, washington. and the style is indie rock.
EddieV
A friend of mine's band The Skyline Dream

www.theskylinedream.com

www.myspace.com/theskylinedream

http://www.purevolume.com/theskylinedream

What do you think of them?
Levy2k6
The Skyline Dream is pretty cool... Vocals might need some improvement.. but every other local band needs a new singer anyways. haha... their songs are pretty cool but hey, i'd watch them at a show maybe..

www.myspace.com/1977music
www.purevolume.com/1977
1977 = Indie / Rock
Houston Area
these guys are awesome, they used to be in the band called A Star in Asia but switched completely to a new style of music. it is very awesome and you will probaly love them too.. it is slow and it has a very good sound to it. check them out!

They only have 3 songs up but they have a couple more.. My Personal Favs are "Damn, Your Bad News" and "The Tungsten Lights"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.