Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tampons for 10 hours
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
brand0n
what happens when you wear a tampon for more than 10 hours?
aznxdreamer
you die.
__xxfrappachino<3
you could get tss (toxic shock syndrome) which is fatal i believe..
Chii
i've left it in for more than a day because i forgot about it once pinch.gif

nothing really bad happened to me...
Hiphop d[-_-]b
^ lol.
guys give a logical answer/
its not recommended to leave a tampon on in for more than 6 or 8 hours because you can develop TSS, symptoms to which are familiar to a fever except TSS is deadly.

never leave a tampon in that long.

edit -- oops i put cancer instead of answer ;DD [in my first line]
mai_z
logical cancer

tongue.gif

Yea, you have a higher risk of getting TSS, better safe than sorry!
michelina0kudelka
I left one in overnight before, and in the morning I came out sat at the computer and a couple minutes later I got really REALLLLYYYY bad cramps so I kinda hobbled to the bathroom to take it out and I passed out while I was in the bathroom... cry.gif Holy SH** it was scary...
Colour_me_stupid
TSS was prevalent years ago when tampons were made differently. They were looser and linty and bits of the bloody tampon would stay in and harbor infection. Today's tampons are designed not to shed even when they're soggy, and TSS hardly ever happens. If you use the right absorbancy and are sensible about changing them, you'll be fine. You will *not* die if you keep a tampon in for an extra hour or two...just don't be stupid about it.

I always wear a mini pantyliner with a tampon, because I end up with stains from the string if I don't. I use tampons and pads interchangeably. Kotex makes some awesome maxis with wings that attach with velcro instead of adhesive. I hate the adhesive ones - they always end up stuck to my pants or my leg or anything but the panty.
MeLoNiSyUmMy
dont do it damnit.
you could get tss but thats rare and only happens if you leave in a tampon that has a higher absorbency than you need.
PrettyBrownEyez3
Its not very common to get TSS, but try to be more responsible about that... Just don't.
FLIPxADDICTION
Why is a guy asking a question like that?
aznxdreamer
^^ maybe because it feels good when you shove tampons up your d**k?
PrettyBrownEyez3
Lmao. And i didn't even realize it was a guy... I didn't pay attention to that. Why the hell...?
coconutter
All your internal organs get covered in discharge. The google ads have stuff about tampons =D
pinayprincess
i read in a artical in teen people that you can get serious damage from a tampon [like over night] i dont wanna go into details but you can get really sick if you have it for a long time
megan_x3
you get bad cramps; tss.
dont leave it on. but i dont have any experience. i use pads. i feel more safe. biggrin.gif
Paradox of Life
QUOTE(aznxdreamer @ Aug 31 2005, 5:28 PM)
you die.

That made me laugh.

Well, I don't think you need to worry about what happens when you keep a tampon in too long. Unless of course you're on your manperiod and need to get those extra extra small tampons. ohmy.gif _smile.gif
datass
i use pads too. the thought of shuffle something in there for like..10 hours. gimme the creeps
frenchaddict88
QUOTE(Colour_me_stupid @ Aug 31 2005, 10:29 PM)
TSS was prevalent years ago when tampons were made differently. They were looser and linty and bits of the bloody tampon would stay in and harbor infection. Today's tampons are designed not to shed even when they're soggy, and TSS hardly ever happens. If you use the right absorbancy and are sensible about changing them, you'll be fine. You will *not* die if you keep a tampon in for an extra hour or two...just don't be stupid about it.

I always wear a mini pantyliner with a tampon, because I end up with stains from the string if I don't. I use tampons and pads interchangeably. Kotex makes some awesome maxis with wings that attach with velcro instead of adhesive. I hate the adhesive ones - they always end up stuck to my pants or my leg or anything but the panty.

thanks thats helpful! _smile.gif
hiromi
You die a horrible, seizure-filled death in a puddle of your own menstrual flith D:

... nah, you just get TSS... which is equivelant to what I said above rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.