Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is homosexuality determined at birth, or is it a choice?
ernestprongs
post Aug 27 2007, 03:18 AM
Post #1

But why?

Group: Member
Member No: 567,086

Theories?

If this has already been mentioned, delete, thank you.

*Steven*
post Aug 27 2007, 07:45 AM
Post #2

I've never seen it, and if it has been mentioned it's kinda old, so this post is fine.

I'm not quite sure when homosexuality is deterimed. I know the government lists it as a mental disorder, and the churches sure as hell don't think it's normal, but I don't think it makes someone sick, or weird, or anything like that. I think it's a personal choice, and for those institutions that aren't very accepting of gays, just don't go around letting people know, easy as that. They generally go w/ the don't ask don't tell thing anyhow.

Amaranthus
post Aug 27 2007, 08:39 AM
Post #3

Fellatio.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 511,775

I'm not quite sure, actually. I don't know if it's a personal choice, seeing as though most people can't help what they're attracted. But I don't think it's determined by birth in the fact that someone'sDestined! for homosexuality.

What's most likely is that liking someone of the same gender is completely natural for them, and for some reason others of a different orientation think they're diabolical or something. Kind of absurd if you ask me.

*Uronacid*
post Aug 27 2007, 08:39 AM
Post #4

I think that it's a mental retardation. I pity homosexuals because they cannot reproduce. Well, they can reproduce, but I mean. They can't enjoy tits or vaginas the same way straight people can. It's just unfortunate. How can someone choose such a horrible fate. They must be born with it. It's the only way. I take gays into my arms like sick children and say, "It's ok, I love you. The world just doesn't understand."

I kiss their foreheads, and hold them close. They are the the children I never had. They are the forgotten ones. The ones who were cast aside for the way they were born. The ones that need the most love. The ones who will lead a life of persecution. In some ways they are more like Christ (the persecution part) than any of us.

jesusisthebestth...
post Aug 27 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #5

well, if practice makes perfect then im relaxin at rehearsal

Member No: 529,475

i dont find homosexuality to be a choice nor do i believe it is determined at birth, i do however find it to be a learned behavior.

omgomgKATHY
post Aug 27 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #6

for SHIZZ.

Member No: 435,846

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Aug 27 2007, 09:39 AM) *
I think that it's a mental retardation. I pity homosexuals because they cannot reproduce. Well, they can reproduce, but I mean. They can't enjoy tits or vaginas the same way straight people can. It's just unfortunate. How can someone choose such a horrible fate. They must be born with it. It's the only way. I take gays into my arms like sick children and say, "It's ok, I love you. The world just doesn't understand."

I kiss their foreheads, and hold them close. They are the the children I never had. They are the forgotten ones. The ones who were cast aside for the way they were born. The ones that need the most love. The ones who will lead a life of persecution. In some ways they are more like Christ (the persecution part) than any of us.

that's...uhh...something. blink.gif

sheridan_whitesi...
post Aug 27 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #7

no u

Member No: 237,372

It's determined by a great number of factors, hormones, genes, and environment. It's probably sensitive to initial development conditions and it's impossible to predict. Small irregularities pile up exponentially so it acts in a random way. Now, most of these perturbations don't result in homosexuality, but with some probability, it happens. That, that's chaos theory.

demolished
post Aug 27 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #8

Group:
Member No: 8,001

I dont believe in homosexuality. to me, they are just struggling through mental phrase reguardless of how they are okay or not okay with their orientation. I'm not closeminded. this is what i believe since homosexuality has been going on through many centuries.

And, i'm not against anyone who considered themselves homosexuals. honestly, i dont care about your orientation. whatever float my boats.

omgomgKATHY
post Aug 28 2007, 01:42 AM
Post #9

for SHIZZ.

Member No: 435,846

^whatever floats their boat?

*Uronacid*
post Aug 28 2007, 08:31 AM
Post #10

Guys, haven't you ever felt the slightest urge to shove a pole up your ass. I mean, I get that sensation all the time. I just don't tell anyone because I'm embarrassed. *blush*

You see, Gay people are super heroes. They are a group of people willing to admit to this. Not many people have the kind of balls that it takes to openly come out and say, "I'M A POLE SITTER!", or, "I FUCK MEN!" No, most people will turn their head in secret shame while mumbling, "We're just friends...", when in reality they want to be so much more than that.... lovers.... fuckers... sex... symbiotic masturbation.... fisting.... anus penetration.... H3's....

The truth is, if you're gay there is a homo-gland in your anus. if it's not there then you're probably just a sick bastard. It's called gland R574. You don't hear about this gland often. It was found by members of a Catholic Church campaign against homosexuality. They were out to prove that homosexuality wasn't caused by genes. What they found was shocking. The gland actually produced hormones that forced men to feel for other men. This is why the Catholic Church now requires you go through a cavity search before becoming a priest. They cannot afford another "touching of the little boys" incident.

Dan Brown (Author of the "Davinci Code") was going to include this in his book, but decided not to after repeated death threats from a Catholic Church clergy. So much for free speech.

ReggieM
post Aug 28 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #11

we jerkin'

Member No: 210,730

rofl uronacid ur a funny guy.

Kontroll
post Aug 29 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #12

Jake - The Unholy Trinity / Premiscuous Poeteer.

Member No: 411,316

It's nothing more than a sexual preference. It's the same with people who like to have sex with children. Some guys like skinny girls, some like 'em fat. Same difference. Nothing more.

*Uronacid*
post Aug 29 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(JakeKKing @ Aug 29 2007, 01:32 PM) *
It's nothing more than a sexual preference. It's the same with people who like to have sex with children. Some guys like skinny girls, some like 'em fat. Same difference. Nothing more.

I love them, I can't believe you would compare Homosexuals to Pedophiles. I'm going to have my army of young homosexuals rip out their G571's and squeeze the juice into a glass. We will force you to drink it. In it's raw form it is a very strong mind altering substance, Prostantious Extraction. Then you will see the light.

Tung
post Aug 29 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #14

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 65,593

I don't know. but people here on cB thinks im gay =[ . i'm not gay, i think, or am i ;D

cyb3r0ptik
post Aug 30 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #15

:electro[u]nique:

Member No: 561,877

to everybody that thinks that gay men=anal sex...
wrong...

85% of homosexual men do NOT engage in anal sex. giving or receiving.
and not all of that 85% are actual givers of oral sex either, just receivers.

Homosexuality is not natural? Much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control are not natural.
Obviously gay parents will raise gay children because straight parents only raise straight children.
Children can never succeed without both male and female role models at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

off the subject, sorry.

there have been studies that have shown, not PROVEN, but shown that the stress and the hormones that a mother produces while pregnant can have a predetermined orientation on the child. too much testosterone for a female, too much estrogen for a male, etc.

i find it hard to believe that people can think it's a choice to be gay. like it's a choice to be outed by more than a good 75% of society. to worry and fear about if somebody is going to tie you up and beat you and leave you for death out in a field because of who you happen to be attracted to.
it's hard to believe that people can choose to be gay, and hated by their parents, their friends. where they choose to sometimes lead a double lifestyle because they're afraid of people finding out they're gay.

*Uronacid*
post Aug 30 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(cyb3r0ptik @ Aug 30 2007, 01:20 PM) *
to everybody that thinks that gay men=anal sex...
wrong...

85% of homosexual men do NOT engage in anal sex. giving or receiving.
and not all of that 85% are actual givers of oral sex either, just receivers.

Homosexuality is not natural? Much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control are not natural.
Obviously gay parents will raise gay children because straight parents only raise straight children.
Children can never succeed without both male and female role models at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.
off the subject, sorry.

there have been studies that have shown, not PROVEN, but shown that the stress and the hormones that a mother produces while pregnant can have a predetermined orientation on the child. too much testosterone for a female, too much estrogen for a male, etc.

i find it hard to believe that people can think it's a choice to be gay. like it's a choice to be outed by more than a good 75% of society. to worry and fear about if somebody is going to tie you up and beat you and leave you for death out in a field because of who you happen to be attracted to.
it's hard to believe that people can choose to be gay, and hated by their parents, their friends. where they choose to sometimes lead a double lifestyle because they're afraid of people finding out they're gay.

Oh my goodness, if you say there are tests then show us the tests. If you don't have the proof then you're just another idiot quoting someone, who quoted someone else, who quoted someone else, who quoted someone else who may have made it up.

*Michelle*
post Aug 30 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #17

Why specifically at birth?

Most of us, "homo" or "hetero", do not realize our sexual attractions until later in life.

cyb3r0ptik
post Sep 2 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #18

:electro[u]nique:

Member No: 561,877

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Aug 30 2007, 05:52 PM) *
Oh my goodness, if you say there are tests then show us the tests. If you don't have the proof then you're just another idiot quoting someone, who quoted someone else, who quoted someone else, who quoted someone else who may have made it up.

well... first there's this... possible nsfw due to written words
not proof, but definitely the opinion of plenty of people
Clicky
click on *see results*

aaaaaaaaaand there's this possible NSFW due to written words
Clicky

As i mentioned in my first post on this subject, it's not PROOF, but there have been studies.

Now you've seen a poll on do all gay men have anal sex (more than half answered have said no)
and a study.

Doesn't mean the study is PROOF... just means it's been administered.
Like I previously stated. Twice now.

Thnx.

kimmytree
post Sep 2 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #19

Kimberly

Member No: 121,599

I think it's both. I think some people can be born with certain traits... but then again I think they can be influenced by their surroundings. So I guess some people are born gay, and some just choose to be.

*Sandraaa*
post Sep 2 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #20

Homosexuality to me is a choice and is also determined. I think there are people who chose to be gay just because the lifestyle suits them. Then again, I think there are those who've been attracted to the same sex all their lives ... well not literally but still.

I'm blabbing. Yeah. ermm.gif

pinacoolada
post Sep 2 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #21

roosternamedingo.

Member No: 333,926

You seriously have problems. mellow.gif
But that was funny...in a weird way.

madgamer
post Sep 3 2007, 02:23 AM
Post #22

<3

Member No: 445,104

I think its learn behavior of how you were raise when you grew up like how girls plays with barbies and how guys play with power rangers are whatever. Your parents shaped you the way you are. Or it can be in your genes, an experiment shown that a rats injected with testerone end up to be more hornier.

xKatt
post Sep 3 2007, 07:42 PM
Post #23

AttacKATTack!

Member No: 536,660

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Aug 27 2007, 08:39 AM) *

Wow. I don't even know what to say about this post, ahah. It's just bizarre and wrong on so many levels.

Joss-eh-lime
post Sep 3 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #24

tell me more.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 35,640

its a choice.
a lifestyle
no one was born that way.

*Uronacid*
post Sep 4 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #25

If I were to post seriously:

I would have to say it's got something to do with the society you're brought up in. Society is becoming more and more accepting of homosexuals, and as society slowly begins to decide that homosexuality is "normal" (in quotes due to the fact that normal is relative to the individual) you will see more and more homosexuals sprout up.

There is was obviously a shortage of homosexuals 30 years ago compared to the number of homosexuals sprouting out of the woodwork today. One could make the argument "They never had a chance to sprout up because everyone was hating on them", but at the same time "If they didn't have a choice then why didn't you hear about them revolting against society the way they do today 30 years ago?"

Another thing, homosexuality is determined at birth then why aren't homosexuals a dieing breed? People have been on the earth for thousands of years... possibly millions (if you believe in evolution). Natural selection is a reality in both points of view. If homosexuality is a gene or birth anomaly (to refrain from saying defect) then why is homosexuality increasing in popularity instead of decreasing in popularity.

As a homosexual, you're obviously not reproducing. It doesn't make any sense. Think about it, an entire tier of humanity that doesn't reproduce is increasing in size? Get f**king real, that goes against the laws of nature. This lifestyle would have disappeared ages ago if homosexuality was determined at birth.

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: