5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
inception
batman
post Jul 31 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #51

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 696,018

I agree that there probably aren't many flaws in the movie/plot/etc if any. It's just a confusing concept, especially after only seeing it once. I think I'll need to watch it a few more times to be able to understand it 100%.

gojira
post Jul 31 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #52

◕ ◡ ◕

Group: Official Member
Member No: 416,697

that's a better idea than talking to your peers about it. i swear after hearing every pov, it started to obscure my original interpretation. they feed you their take, then the plot holes that supposedly supports their ending.

Joanne
post Aug 1 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #53

Member No: 95,404

QUOTE(gojira @ Jul 31 2010, 12:23 PM) *
i swear after hearing every pov, it started to obscure my original interpretation. they feed you their take, then the plot holes that supposedly supports their ending.

datass
post Aug 3 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #54

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

so good. shit. i'll have to watch this again to enjoy it more.

synapse
post Aug 3 2010, 06:46 AM
Post #55

Live long and prosper.

Member No: 514,926

A coworker of mine believes that his entire experience in the movie is in a dream. I disagree, I think the ending he was back in reality. Ellen page is growing up well.

datass
post Aug 3 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #56

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

so i read some trivia that at the end of the credits, you can hear the top topple over, meaning that the end is reality. hmmmm i gotta see this again to know for sure.

Tomates
post Aug 3 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #57

poison

Member No: 629,020

QUOTE(doughnut @ Aug 3 2010, 11:18 AM) *
so i read some trivia that at the end of the credits, you can hear the top topple over, meaning that the end is reality. hmmmm i gotta see this again to know for sure.

I heard that a lot of people who saw it again were able to understand it a ton more.

Blyat
post Aug 3 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #58

Member No: 667,832

Ill watch it 2 times in one day! :D

I wanna see this movie sooo bad!

Gigi
post Aug 3 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #59

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

Finally watched this. Was smart enough not to read any in-depth reviews of it so as to not overhype it for myself.

WAS. AWESOME. Personally I didn't find it too hard to follow as long as you pay attention to the movie. Which isn't hard because it was entertaining to me for the entire duration.

IMO it's not a dream. The top wobbled. That's good enough for me.

I did some really brief Googling, and although this is really poorly written, it actually makes a bit of sense...

i think he was awake at the end and i dont think it makes sense that the wife is in his mind trying to wake him up or perform inception bcuz y wud she b such a bitch in his dreams.. this just encourages his thoughts that it is his subconscious projecting in her image bcuz as he says at the end to her, he cudnt recreate her in fullness, if she really wanted to convince him she wud act like herself and not sum crazy B

Mmhm. She really was a crazy B.

okay, no more Inception debating for now, gonna get some rest before I think about it some more...

Gigi
post Aug 3 2010, 02:57 PM
Post #60

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

BURNING QUESTION (after thoroughly confusing myself)

How does one wake oneself from the Limbo state/level? Do you just kill yourself like Mal and Cobb did before?

If that's the case, why did they make such a big deal about not killing yourself under the heavy sedative cus you'll just go into Limbo? Is it because Mal/Cobb from before did not have heavy sedation?

But if that's the case, how can they stay sleeping since dreams within dreams make disruption much easier?

Okay, if Cobb really did end up finding Saito in Limbo and really did end up seeing his kids, how did Cobb/Saito wake themselves? Was there another kick?

Ariadne seemed unconcerned when telling the others Cobb was still in Limbo trying to find Saito, like it was easy to wake them with a kick later. Did they just synchronise another bunch of kicks through the different levels? But then how could they possibly know when Cobb actually found Saito and therefore time the kicks properly?

Also, if Cobb/Saito are stuck in Limbo and the others have already waken up from the previous dream levels, who's left to synchronise the kicks on the previous dream levels to kick Cobb/Saito back up through all the levels back to reality?

wow. essay. okay.

none345678
post Aug 3 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #61

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

^I was thinking that maybe since everyone woke up first they took cobb and Saito off the sedatives? (since they did wake up without them on) So that made limbo easy to get out of? I am forgetting some of the details to the movie now, so I can't even remember what Cobb and Saito did to get out of limbo in the first place.

Joanne
post Aug 3 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #62

Member No: 95,404

QUOTE(Gigi @ Aug 3 2010, 12:45 PM) *
IMO it's not a dream. The top wobbled. That's good enough for me.

Agreed.

QUOTE(Gigi @ Aug 3 2010, 12:57 PM) *
How does one wake oneself from the Limbo state/level? Do you just kill yourself like Mal and Cobb did before?

If that's the case, why did they make such a big deal about not killing yourself under the heavy sedative cus you'll just go into Limbo? Is it because Mal/Cobb from before did not have heavy sedation?

But if that's the case, how can they stay sleeping since dreams within dreams make disruption much easier?

Okay, if Cobb really did end up finding Saito in Limbo and really did end up seeing his kids, how did Cobb/Saito wake themselves? Was there another kick?

Also, if Cobb/Saito are stuck in Limbo and the others have already waken up from the previous dream levels, who's left to synchronise the kicks on the previous dream levels to kick Cobb/Saito back up through all the levels back to reality?

Here's what I think (and I don't know if this helps or even makes sense... maybe I'm just going in circles):
The reason why they made a big deal about how killing yourself in a dream while under sedation brings you to Limbo was because Limbo does crazy things to the way you think; it makes you question what 'reality' really is.

Because of this, Cobb needed to go into Limbo to save Saito because Saito was stuck in Limbo, possibly thinking he was in reality. Saito probably knew in the back of his mind that it was really dreamland (that's why he asked Cobb if he was there to kill him?), but I guess people get so mindf*cked in Limbo that it's hard for them to know for sure.

And I think Cobb just killed themselves while in Limbo to get back to reality, as he did with Mal. I'm not sure because I really don't remember that part anymore...

Damn, I've got to watch this movie again.

AND I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. You know how Cobb said to Mal, "But we DID spend a lifetime together" and they cut to a shot of them grey and old? If they really did spend all that time in Limbo, how come they're young in that scene when they're on the train tracks?

Shit, so many spoiler tags, my eyes hurt.

saintsaens
post Aug 3 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #63

monster hunter

Member No: 18,188

Jesus Christ yall need to learn up on dreams

Limbo is a state of eternal nothing, similar to purgatory

DiCaprio and that Japanese dude fell into limbo and they were both living dreams not realizing that they were living in a dream, that being said the kick that brought them back from their dream state was them remembering the phrase and the promise that the japanese dude lent to DiCaprio....you see them both trying to remember the phrase which kicks them back from a dream world to their original objectives

it's like a dream where you swear to god you know the answer....but it's right on the tip of your tongue...

the theory is that once you fall into limbo...there's no getting out. it's like cheating death to fall back from limbo to reality.

the reason why limbo is such a dangerous place to be is because you lose yourself, and you lose concept of time and self...you age infinitely and by the time you come back if you do, chances are you won't come out correctly because you aged almost to death

obstructions and distractions in dreams come from when you (ego and subconscious) start to realize that you are dreaming and that is when your world that you're dreaming in falls to pieces because your brain is understanding that nothing exists in the dream

they took sedatives and used that machine to fall asleep for consistency...it's like a control since most humans take different methods to falling asleep

saintsaens
post Aug 3 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #64

monster hunter

time means almost nothing in a dream

*futura*
post Aug 4 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #65

I personally think he was still dreaming at the end, because why were his kids wearing the same clothes? Where the hell was the grandma?

Did anyone else notice he was wearing his wedding ring when he was in dreams and wasn't wearing one when he was in reality? I'm pretty sure he was wearing one at the very end.

Blyat
post Aug 4 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #66

I finally saw it

I loved it!!!!

Tomates
post Aug 5 2010, 09:45 AM
Post #67

poison

I really liked it. I would definitely go see it again.

saintsaens
post Aug 5 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #68

monster hunter

Did you guys go watch it together? kawaii

sixfive
post Aug 5 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #69

Member No: 653,768

uso had to rewatch because beak got int he way

Tomates
post Aug 5 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #70

poison

QUOTE(saintsaens @ Aug 5 2010, 03:17 PM) *
Did you guys go watch it together? kawaii

Yeah we did.

QUOTE(serotonin @ Aug 5 2010, 03:26 PM) *
uso had to rewatch because beak got int he way

Wanna stop? I mean really its starting to really hurt my feelings.

sixfive
post Aug 5 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #71

not really

queen
post Aug 6 2010, 02:23 AM
Post #72

‹(. .)›

Member No: 20,089

finally saw it and loved it. the movie wasn't overhyped for me because i stayed away from reading reviews and watching multiple trailers.

QUOTE(futura @ Aug 4 2010, 02:46 PM) *
I personally think he was still dreaming at the end, because why were his kids wearing the same clothes? Where the hell was the grandma?

Did anyone else notice he was wearing his wedding ring when he was in dreams and wasn't wearing one when he was in reality? I'm pretty sure he was wearing one at the very end.

the kids were wearing different clothes and were older. he was not wearing a ring at the end.

*futura*
post Aug 8 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #73

where was the grandma though?
i have to watch this again.

Blyat
post Aug 8 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #74

QUOTE(futura @ Aug 4 2010, 02:46 PM) *

My boyfriend thought the same exact thing

and I never noticed that!

But I think it might of been reality because it limbo did start to shake in the end, and in the dream it was always in a stern spin

sixfive
post Aug 8 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #75

It was reality. I don't see how so many people are confused by this. There were five levels of dreaming. There were rules as to why everything happened. The very end was not in fact a dream, it was wobbling at the end. In the dream it maintained a perfect spin once it got going, never wobbling at all. Maybe Grandma was cooking a pie? In the dream she was always there to call them away, this was atypical from that.

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: