Post #1

I still haven't seen this. Anyone?

Saraaaah
post Jul 18 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #2

Sniff, sniff, hooray!

Group: Member
Member No: 388,396

I watched it at like 11:30ish last night at a drive-in, and it was amazing!
Albeit there were some confusing parts but that could be because I'm not a very intellectual person. tongue.gif

Joanne
post Jul 18 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #3

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 95,404

I have to wait till Friday. sad.gif

I can't wait to see my JGL in a suit.

creole
post Jul 18 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #4

Member No: 676,364

i think i'm mesmerized by this movie. bet this movie might be a nominee for best picture for this year.

*futura*
post Jul 20 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Joanne @ Jul 18 2010, 12:45 PM) *
I have to wait till Friday. sad.gif
I can't wait to see my JGL in a suit.
hnggggggggg, all I have to say.

QUOTE(Cum @ Jul 18 2010, 02:30 PM) *
i think i'm mesmerized by this movie. bet this movie might be a nominee for best picture for this year.

concur

slipper
post Jul 22 2010, 03:07 AM
Post #6

Group: Human
Member No: 2,239

omg. if you love smart action films, with great effects, acting and amazing star, this is for you.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm still trippin.

Joanne
post Jul 22 2010, 03:45 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(futura @ Jul 19 2010, 11:43 PM) *
hnggggggggg, all I have to say.

SO MANY PEOPLE who previously thought JGL was ugly and/or too scrawny are now eating their words and drooling over him after having watched Inception.

I don't know whether to be happy (YAY PEOPLE FINALLY AGREE) or pissed off (HE'S MINE, BACK THE f*ck OFF).

slipper
post Jul 23 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #8

Group: Human
Member No: 2,239

^ lol he's so hott. loved his character in inception.

creole
post Jul 23 2010, 09:55 PM
Post #9

lol my aunty did not understand this movie, but i can't wait to seee this

none345678
post Jul 23 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #10

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

I didn't get confused really at all, but f*cking great movie. When I saw the previews I honestly thought it was going to be kinda lame for whatever reason. But dam was I so so wrong.

Many many sexy people is a plus too.

gojira
post Jul 23 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #11

◕ ◡ ◕

Group: Official Member
Member No: 416,697

QUOTE(Joanne @ Jul 22 2010, 04:45 AM) *
SO MANY PEOPLE who previously thought JGL was ugly and/or too scrawny are now eating their words and drooling over him after having watched Inception.

I don't know whether to be happy (YAY PEOPLE FINALLY AGREE) or pissed off (HE'S MINE, BACK THE f*ck OFF).

it was this movie that made his hype? he should have gotten recognition from 500 days of summer.

anyway, he was impeccably dressed in inception.

none345678
post Jul 23 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #12

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

I feel like 500 Days of Summer flew under a lot of people's radar. (love that movie though)

I don't know the actress who played Mal, but damn I thought she was pretty.

gojira
post Jul 24 2010, 12:01 AM
Post #13

◕ ◡ ◕

Member No: 416,697

are you a burton fan? i only remember her from big fish.

she did look stunning in this movie

creole
post Jul 24 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(gojira @ Jul 23 2010, 08:40 PM) *
it was this movie that made his hype? he should have gotten recognition from 500 days of summer.

hehehe it should've been Romeo + Juliet back then..

*futura*
post Jul 24 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Joanne @ Jul 22 2010, 01:45 AM) *

hahaha ily Joanne
but I know! everyone's like "HE'S SUCH A BABE."
and it's like...you're just noticing now? _unsure.gif

Joanne
post Jul 24 2010, 02:29 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(spambot @ Jul 23 2010, 08:30 PM) *
I didn't get confused really at all, but f*cking great movie.

This. It wasn't very hard to understand... Nolan did a great job with the explaining and the story telling.

QUOTE(gojira @ Jul 23 2010, 09:40 PM) *
QUOTE(spambot @ Jul 23 2010, 09:53 PM) *
I feel like 500 Days of Summer flew under a lot of people's radar. (love that movie though)

I thought he was absolutely adorable in 500 Days of Summer, but after having watched it a second time, I noticed how his character isn't exactly an ideal man. Still hot, still sweet,... but a pussy. I guess?

QUOTE(gojira @ Jul 23 2010, 09:40 PM) *

Yes. f*cking yes.

QUOTE(futura @ Jul 23 2010, 10:20 PM) *
hahaha ily Joanne
but I know! everyone's like "HE'S SUCH A BABE."
and it's like...you're just noticing now? _unsure.gif

THIS.

LittleMissSunshi...
post Jul 26 2010, 08:50 AM
Post #17

rawr?

Member No: 285,858

okay, i understood the whole movie, except the ending. anyone want to care to explain!?

so at the end when he spins the topper, it stays spinning, meaning he was in a dream?

Joanne
post Jul 26 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(LittleMissSunshine @ Jul 26 2010, 06:50 AM) *
okay, i understood the whole movie, except the ending. anyone want to care to explain!?

so at the end when he spins the topper, it stays spinning, meaning he was in a dream?

I think it's up to your own interpretation.

none345678
post Jul 26 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #19

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

^This

Personally I don't think he was since in a dream it spun much more constant and never wobbled. And it would be lame if he was still in a dream.

Joanne
post Jul 26 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(spambot @ Jul 26 2010, 10:42 AM) *
^This

Personally I don't think he was since in a dream it spun much more constant and never wobbled. And it would be lame if he was still in a dream.

Same here. I like to believe that it's not a dream, because the thought of it being a dream is just too too depressing to me. My friend is convinced that Mal was right all along, that they're still in dreamland. He says that Cobbs thought Mal was referring to the dream they made together, when she was really referring to the real real world Cobbs didn't understand (did that make sense?). He says that, when Mal shows up in Cobbs' dreams, it was really her trying to do inception on him through the real world.

My friend also thinks that Cobbs' totem doesn't really work because it was originally Mal's. Cobbs mentioned several times in the movie that you shouldn't let other people become familiarized with your totem.

While his interpretation makes sense to me, I don't want to believe it. We've had a few arguments since watching the movie, lol.

saintsaens
post Jul 26 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #21

monster hunter

Member No: 18,188

keep in mind the children look exactly the same from when he dreamed of them and when he actually arrived with his children

that being said i believe it was a dream and the movie was more so a complicated tale to help leonardo's character to find resolve with his wife

and i think the wobbling with the top spinner is implying that his dreams became his reality keep in mind the top doesnt actually stop spinning, it just wobbles

This post has been edited by spambot: Jul 26 2010, 03:36 PM
Reason for edit: idk if spoilers are really needed but just in case.

none345678
post Jul 26 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #22

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Well damn. Now I don't know what to think. A lot of people said they left it open for a inception 2, I don't think it will happen though.

Joanne
post Jul 26 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(saintsaens @ Jul 26 2010, 12:34 PM) *
keep in mind the children look exactly the same from when he dreamed of them and when he actually arrived with his children

Yeah, I noticed that, but I didn't think too much into it. I thought it was kind of unimportant... but I don't know. Eh.

QUOTE(saintsaens @ Jul 26 2010, 12:34 PM) *
the movie was more so a complicated tale to help leonardo's character to find resolve with his wife

Yeah. The whole scheme to perform inception on Fischer was definitely just a subplot.

lojay
post Jul 26 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #24

Group: Member
Member No: 47,340

I thought the movie had a great storyline that was easy for the viewer to follow.

As for the ending...

I personally think that it isn't a dream even though the totem is still spinning. I consider each dream to be a different level. So there is the planning level (same level as on the airplane), the city level with the bridge, the level in the hotel, the level in Fishcher's mind, and then the level in Cobb/Mal's world together. Now, in the Planning level, the totem wobbles and falls (remember, when he is explaining it to Ariadne). This is the same level as when they were on the plane, as when they got off the plane, and when he went home - all the same level; if the totem fell earlier he can't be dreaming in this level. I really think it is just a cliffhanger meant to think about it and throw you off a little bit. This is the theory I'm kind of sticking with.

I also thought maybe it wasn't actually the same level because when he woke up from the dream on the plane, he wasn't equipped to the dream machine so maybe he went into another level of dream...

And I also thought about how for him to go back and find Saito must have taken a lot of dreams... Because there is the level with Cobb and Mal where Ariadne leaves, so he must have gone into 3 more dreams for Saito to be as old as he was at the end/start. Because... if the first dream is 5 minutes but feels like an hour... the 2nd feels like 10 hours, 3rd a week, 4th a month, 5th a year, 6th 10 years, 7th 100 years? (I don't entirely remember the way it worked) It seems like, if Cobb only went to his world with Mal that is only his 4th level. He needs to go into 3 more levels of dreams before he gets to a dream where Cobb has been in limbo long enough to be that old... But... Then I don't understand why he isn't old either. Clearly that theory is flawed.

none345678
post Jul 26 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #25

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

QUOTE(lojay @ Jul 26 2010, 06:37 PM) *
I thought the movie had a great storyline that was easy for the viewer to follow.

As for the ending...

I personally think that it isn't a dream even though the totem is still spinning. I consider each dream to be a different level. So there is the planning level (same level as on the airplane), the city level with the bridge, the level in the hotel, the level in Fishcher's mind, and then the level in Cobb/Mal's world together. Now, in the Planning level, the totem wobbles and falls (remember, when he is explaining it to Ariadne). This is the same level as when they were on the plane, as when they got off the plane, and when he went home - all the same level; if the totem fell earlier he can't be dreaming in this level. I really think it is just a cliffhanger meant to think about it and throw you off a little bit. This is the theory I'm kind of sticking with.

I also thought maybe it wasn't actually the same level because when he woke up from the dream on the plane, he wasn't equipped to the dream machine so maybe he went into another level of dream...

And I also thought about how for him to go back and find Saito must have taken a lot of dreams... Because there is the level with Cobb and Mal where Ariadne leaves, so he must have gone into 3 more dreams for Saito to be as old as he was at the end/start. Because... if the first dream is 5 minutes but feels like an hour... the 2nd feels like 10 hours, 3rd a week, 4th a month, 5th a year, 6th 10 years, 7th 100 years? (I don't entirely remember the way it worked) It seems like, if Cobb only went to his world with Mal that is only his 4th level. He needs to go into 3 more levels of dreams before he gets to a dream where Cobb has been in limbo long enough to be that old... But... Then I don't understand why he isn't old either. Clearly that theory is flawed.

I am not sure If fallow you, but the plane and what not isn't a level, it's real life, and since he woke up after Fischer the others took all the tubes/wires off him (I would be freaked if I woke up next to a guy with a strange machine on him). The Asian dude (can't think of his name) had been in the 4th level fore a long time (dream time) He dies right after he threw the grenade so he was in the 4th level for awhile before Cobb even got done dealing with Mol, so the fact that he (the azn dude) was so old made since.

The top always seemed to work (he was constantly checking and since mol is dead I think it doesn't matter that it used to be hers since Cobb is still the only alive person who knows it's special qualities)which is why I don't think it was defective meaning he would find out pretty fast if he was dreaming.

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: