4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Becoming a mod......., Read and give feedback!!!
*mzkandi*
post Nov 11 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #1

Ok, a discussion that started backstage was how mods would be chosen. This ideas that came up were:

1) Hold a hiring sessionn - This would be a traditional hiring session everyone is accompanied with. It would include the applicant meeting the set requirements and writing out an application of why they feel they should be chosen as a mod.

2) Staff hand pick the potential new staff candidates and hold a mini vote amongst themselves

3) Let the staff and the community nominate who they think would make a qualfied applicant for a staff postion. Should these nominees agree, they would go on about actually applying for a staff postion in the traditional format.

All of the above would still have to met the set requirements approved by the bylaws in order to apply.

So, discuss.

sadolakced acid
post Nov 11 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #2

dripping destruction

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 21,929

i go with 3. you've got a certain amount of community involvement without mob rule.

heyyfrankie
post Nov 11 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #3

This bitch better work!

Member No: 28,095

^ agreed.

*incoherent*
post Nov 11 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #4

i pick number 3 as well.

im changing mine to number 1

Heathasm
post Nov 11 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #5

creepy heather

Group: Official Member
Member No: 41,580

three sounds best, but how would we go about nominating people o.o and how do you know the nominees want the position?

sadolakced acid
post Nov 12 2005, 12:03 AM
Post #6

dripping destruction

the best leaders are the ones who don't want power. that is why they are the best.

Heathasm
post Nov 12 2005, 12:25 AM
Post #7

creepy heather

Group: Official Member
Member No: 41,580

it really shouldnt be considered power, you're given these options so that you can help the community and actually want to help, so the people who don't want the power in this situation deffinately arent the best (for the job)

KissMe2408
post Nov 12 2005, 01:04 AM
Post #8

Yawn

Member No: 65,772

1) i like number 1. Anyone can apply if they meet the requirements. It won't be a popularity contest, and the people who are qualified who aren't as social as some other people have a fair chance as well. We all have our "favorites" here on createblog. I wouldn't want that getting in the way when you hire someone. I don't see a problem on how it is done now?

demolished
post Nov 12 2005, 01:16 AM
Post #9

Group:
Member No: 8,001

three, yep.

*mzkandi*
post Nov 12 2005, 01:32 AM
Post #10

If you are in favor of one more than the others please explain why you think that is the best choice.

I'm torn bteween 1 and 3.

Katie explained it best by saying
It won't be a popularity contest, and the people who are qualified who aren't as social as some other people have a fair chance as well.

However, for such postions as People staff it helps to be known around the community. I'm really not to worried about it becoming a popularity contest because either you are qualifed or not. But I like the freedom option 1 gives as far if you meet the requirements you are given consideration, it also allows for a more varitey of applicants to apply.

As for option #3....It gives members of the community some say in who they think would be qualifed . There is a chance that maybe some well known or "popular" members may be nominate but if they dont qualify to be on staff they wont be hired, simply as that. It gives mods a chance to nominate who they think would work best as staff as well. So its equal pretty much on both sides.

three sounds best, but how would we go about nominating people o.o and how do you know the nominees want the position?

If someone is nominated and they dont want the postion they can decline and not go through with the application process. I think the best way to go about nominations is to think of those members (even the lesser known) that you think should apply for a staff postion. Off the top of my head I can think of quite a few I think should be considered for a staff postion.

*incoherent*
post Nov 12 2005, 01:35 AM
Post #11

i still like the reasoning behind the application. number 3 seems like a popularity contest and only people that are well known get nominated. i know you said its best to be known, but not all qualified members are known. i didnt know katie came around much until i saw she applied for staff. that could have just been me, but i still favor 1.

Gigi
post Nov 12 2005, 01:37 AM
Post #12

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

I really don't think it matters if it's 1 or 3. If for 1, members apply but they're not popular enough to be on People Staff, then it'll be an easy choice to make for the moderators. I have a slightly bigger problem with 3, though, because some unqualified members may apply. However...in that case the moderators will also be able to weed through the bad candidates.

Either way...it'll be easy to separate the good and the bad.

*mzkandi*
post Nov 12 2005, 01:38 AM
Post #13

i still like the reasoning behind the application. number 3 seems like a popularity contest and only people that are well known get nominated. i know you said its best to be known, but not all qualified members are known. i didnt know katie came around much until i saw she applied for staff. that could have just been me, but i still favor 1.

I see what you're saying.....thanks for the feedback =)

Oh and one more thing I would like to mention about option 3. If a person is nominated it doesnt mean the automatically become staff, the nominees still have to through the traditional application process as far as meeting the set requiremens and writing out an application., etc.....

*incoherent*
post Nov 12 2005, 01:39 AM
Post #14

heres an idea. mix one and three together. have people nominated. if they choose to run, they take it a step further and submit an application...

eh, sounds stupid, but i guess ill say it.

grrr...kiera beat me to posting and i didnt know that was already in effect.

Gigi
post Nov 12 2005, 01:40 AM
Post #15

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

QUOTE(incoherent @ Nov 11 2005, 10:39 PM)
heres an idea. mix one and three together. have people nominated. if they choose to run, they take it a step further and submit an application...

eh, sounds stupid, but i guess ill say it.

grrr...kiera beat me to posting and i didnt know that was already in effect.

Um. I thought that was the whole point..?

EDIT// Never mind, you edite your post. Sorry.

*incoherent*
post Nov 12 2005, 01:42 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(gigiopolis @ Nov 12 2005, 12:40 AM)
Um. I thought that was the whole point..?

EDIT// Never mind, you edite your post. Sorry.
yeah, i didnt realize/remember that it said somewhere that they still had to do the application even if we go with one.

DaTru KataLYST
post Nov 12 2005, 01:43 AM
Post #17

白人看不懂 !!!!

Group: Member
Member No: 40,824

We can just make me mod again! that will solve all your problems!! (not)

Happy Veteran's Day, everyone! <3

I liked the traditional way.

heyyfrankie
post Nov 12 2005, 01:47 AM
Post #18

This bitch better work!

Member No: 28,095

hiiii jeff. :DDD

DaTru KataLYST
post Nov 12 2005, 01:48 AM
Post #19

白人看不懂 !!!!

Group: Member
Member No: 40,824

Hi frankie!! Did you know I beat Jusun in cB fight?! WHOA! my defining moment on cB MUST have to be that.

Grammer are a better!

KissMe2408
post Nov 12 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #20

Yawn

Member No: 65,772

QUOTE(DaTru KataLYST @ Nov 12 2005, 1:43 AM)
We can just make me mod again! that will solve all your problems!! (not)
Happy Veteran's Day, everyone! <3
I liked the traditional way.

haha :) nice

Yes, i do like the traditional way also.

sadolakced acid
post Nov 12 2005, 01:55 AM
Post #21

dripping destruction

what's wrong with nominating yoruself if yo're not well known?

*incoherent*
post Nov 12 2005, 01:56 AM
Post #22

^
no one would vote for you?

*mzkandi*
post Nov 12 2005, 01:57 AM
Post #23

Members wont be voting, they will simply be nominating who they think would qualify for a staff postion.

*incoherent*
post Nov 12 2005, 02:00 AM
Post #24

can you nominate yourself?

*mzkandi*
post Nov 12 2005, 02:07 AM
Post #25

^..........Hrmmmm...good question. When we dicussed all this backstage that was never brought up. I suppose one could but then that would kind of deminish the point of nominating, if that was the case than we mine as well do it the traditional way since by doing it the traditonal way you are self nominating yourself when you apply. So I would say no, someone else would have to nominate you.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: