Reply to this topicStart new topic
Baby, I'm stuck on you.
sharerol
post Aug 28 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #1

that heaven is overrated

Group: Member
Member No: 53,124

Ok, so basically I went out with this guy for almost a year and we broke up before school ended around May/June. I really loved this guy(cliche i know, but it's true), and he loved me too. So I didn't see or talk to him for the entire summer, but I never got over him. I wasn't sad in the summer either, like i hung out with friends/kept myself occupied/saw other guys(although no guy compared to him). But even after all that time I just couldn't seem to move on.

School started up again this week, and my feelings for him grew so much stronger(again). I know he still has feelings for me too, but I don't know if he would wanna get back with me. I find it hard to approach him at school because there's a lot of awkward tension between us. Like when two people are near each other but they purposely look somewhere else or act like the other person's not there...that kinda stuff.

What messed up the relationship in the first place was that I got really jealous of this one girl he became close to, even though i knew he didn't have any feelings for her. So yeah...i know i pretty much messed that up. But the thing he, he actually likes that girl now. And at the same time he still feels something for me, so i know he's confused. I really don't know what to do, but I can't stop thinking about him. I really miss him, and i want him back. So....help? What should a poor girl like me do?

Tung
post Aug 28 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #2

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 65,593

You need a real man.

Like me.

sharerol
post Aug 28 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #3

that heaven is overrated

QUOTE(Tungster @ Aug 28 2008, 04:11 PM) *
You need a real man.
Like me.

Well....that helps.
sad.gif

creole
post Aug 28 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #4

Member No: 676,364

QUOTE(sharerol @ Aug 28 2008, 03:09 PM) *
I got really jealous of this one girl he became close to, even though i knew he didn't have any feelings for her. But the thing he, he actually likes that girl now.

Forget the guy. It's obvious, he was acting that this other girl was just his friend. Look at them now? :/

CocaineNoseJob
post Aug 28 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #5

Member No: 681,057

Give him time to think about what he actually wants. boys are very simple people that need more time to evaluate a situation than girls. JAY KAY! nah but really tell him how u feel and then see what happens after that. good luck now my friend wants to give u advice...

FRIEND:
Yo f**k that shit!!!. what are like addicted to this n*gga fo? what are you this niggas BITCHHH?? Girl don't act the fo. you don't need some n*gga to make you happy all you need is your self, cuz we all be beautiful and we all be damn pimp ... if we chose too. and you chosen to act like some god damn suck a niggas dick for for some crack, and by crack i mean this stupid ass n*gga who obviously dosnt appreciate the finer thing- cuz girl yous a diamond, and hell want you if you act like your diamond ass is to good for him cuz it is! And then go get a real playa... like lil wayne or somthin

espressive
post Aug 28 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #6

and so it is

Group: Human
Member No: 3,085

okay i'm not sure how the breakup went down, but i do understand that feeling you're talkin about. you know, that pseudo 'i'm fine' feeling. you think you're over the relationship, but that changes the moment you see him. the sight of him brings back a rush of memories, a surge of emotions, a moment of weakness... followed shortly by a very awkward encounter - one that perhaps is better just to avoid by not acknowledging eachother.

but that is only natural. breakups aren't meant to be easy and there's going to be that awkward transition stage but hang in there - it'll get better eventually. and those overwhelming feelings you get when you see him? those are only natural too. it took time for feelings to develop and it's gonna take time to make them go away. even for the person who initated the breakup, those feelings are usually still present even after the breakup; the feelings aren't as strong as before, but it's still there in some form or another. then why do people break up when feelings are still present in even the littlest ways? it's because relationships aren't all about feelings; you have to use your mind too. if you can't make a relationship work (ex: communcation, etc), all the liking/loving in the world isn't going to make it better.

WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS - breakups plays with our feelings. one day, we're totally fine and over it. the next day, we're crying and reminescing about the past. the day afterwards, we're angry cursing sailors. are you positively sure that you want him back or is it just how you feel right now? make the right decision - use your head. think about the possibilities of this relationship working out, given the second chance. don't fool yourself. be honest.

sharerol
post Aug 29 2008, 02:21 AM
Post #7

that heaven is overrated

QUOTE(CocaineNoseJob @ Aug 28 2008, 07:07 PM) *
Give him time to think about what he actually wants. boys are very simple people that need more time to evaluate a situation than girls. JAY KAY! nah but really tell him how u feel and then see what happens after that. good luck now my friend wants to give u advice...

FRIEND:
Yo f**k that shit!!!. what are like addicted to this n*gga fo? what are you this niggas BITCHHH?? Girl don't act the fo. you don't need some n*gga to make you happy all you need is your self, cuz we all be beautiful and we all be damn pimp ... if we chose too. and you chosen to act like some god damn suck a niggas dick for for some crack, and by crack i mean this stupid ass n*gga who obviously dosnt appreciate the finer thing- cuz girl yous a diamond, and hell want you if you act like your diamond ass is to good for him cuz it is! And then go get a real playa... like lil wayne or somthin

haha good shit...lil wayne is ugly though.

QUOTE(Lil_Cloud @ Aug 28 2008, 07:16 PM) *
okay i'm not sure how the breakup went down, but i do understand that feeling you're talkin about. you know, that pseudo 'i'm fine' feeling. you think you're over the relationship, but that changes the moment you see him. the sight of him brings back a rush of memories, a surge of emotions, a moment of weakness... followed shortly by a very awkward encounter - one that perhaps is better just to avoid by not acknowledging eachother.

but that is only natural. breakups aren't meant to be easy and there's going to be that awkward transition stage but hang in there - it'll get better eventually. and those overwhelming feelings you get when you see him? those are only natural too. it took time for feelings to develop and it's gonna take time to make them go away. even for the person who initated the breakup, those feelings are usually still present even after the breakup; the feelings aren't as strong as before, but it's still there in some form or another. then why do people break up when feelings are still present in even the littlest ways? it's because relationships aren't all about feelings; you have to use your mind too. if you can't make a relationship work (ex: communcation, etc), all the liking/loving in the world isn't going to make it better.

WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS - breakups plays with our feelings. one day, we're totally fine and over it. the next day, we're crying and reminescing about the past. the day afterwards, we're angry cursing sailors. are you positively sure that you want him back or is it just how you feel right now? make the right decision - use your head. think about the possibilities of this relationship working out, given the second chance. don't fool yourself. be honest.

Yeah, it's not like a spur of a moment thing. I've been missing him the entire time we've been separated, and I'm positive that i want him back. I'm pretty sure that the relationship would work out better if we gave it another shot. Thing is, I dont know if he'd be willing to take that risk especially when he has feelings for another girl.

espressive
post Sep 1 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #8

and so it is

^

okay... and are YOU willing to take the risk that it may not work out between you & him even if you laid your heart out in front of him? if you are, then i say - go for it

and you said it was hard to approach him at school, so why don't you text/call him to meet up sometime so you guys can like chat or something? plus it beats the hussle-bussle of the school setting.

StubbornFemme
post Sep 1 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #9

never settle for less than what you deserve.

Member No: 328,920

QUOTE(Lil_Cloud @ Sep 1 2008, 07:40 PM) *
^

okay... and are YOU willing to take the risk that it may not work out between you & him even if you laid your heart out in front of him? if you are, then i say - go for it

and you said it was hard to approach him at school, so why don't you text/call him to meet up sometime so you guys can like chat or something? plus it beats the hussle-bussle of the school setting.

i agree with lil cloud and it was what i was going to say as well. why dont you call or text him up? like have a one on one chill time and just catch up..and when the moment is right..ask him about it.

Insurmountable
post Sep 1 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #10

Cornflakes :D

Member No: 322,923

Well if you guys feel so strongly for each other, then why did you break up in the first place? If it was just because summer was starting, then no I wouldn't jump in another relationship with him just because you guys could break up again when Summer rolls around again.

If that wasn't the case and it was the issue of your jealously, then I mean you really need to overcome that issue and confront him that you felt bad for it and you apologize and that you'll try not to be jealous and really work on it. Tell him how you feel and perhaps schedule a time to go hang out or something so you guys can catch up, and then see how things go.

sharerol
post Sep 8 2008, 02:33 AM
Post #11

that heaven is overrated

Thanks everyone for all the advice. But i guess i misjudged things because he's going out with that girl now. So maybe i did have a reason to not trust him in the first place. Well whatever, he's missing out, and i have better things to do with my life.

espressive
post Sep 8 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #12

and so it is

aww cheryl i'm really sorry that it ended like that. seriously, don't waste your time with that guy okay? he's not worth it!

but there are moments when you "feel fine" and then thinking about it later makes you "feel bad" all over again. when you're in the tricky place, feel free to send me a message or something just to rant. i know i don't know you, but sometimes it's good to see the situation from a stranger's perspective. and i've recently gone through something of a similar nature, so it'll make you feel better that you're not the only one. plus i have many happy songs/quotes to cheer you up! tongue.gif speakin of, here's my favorite marilyn monroe quote
, "i believe everything happens for a reason. people change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they're wrong; you belive lies so you can eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. sometimes, good things fall apart so better things fall together."

keep up that positive attitude & keep your head up, gorgeous. please smile! :]

towntown2
post Sep 8 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #13

Mais je ne l'aime pas

Member No: 108,135

If the boy can't make up his mind about you or that other girl, then that's just going to open up a whole new can of relationshippy worms.

I suggest you stay away from trying to rekindle the romance.

sharerol
post Sep 9 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #14

that heaven is overrated

QUOTE(espressive @ Sep 8 2008, 05:25 PM) *
aww cheryl i'm really sorry that it ended like that. seriously, don't waste your time with that guy okay? he's not worth it!

but there are moments when you "feel fine" and then thinking about it later makes you "feel bad" all over again. when you're in the tricky place, feel free to send me a message or something just to rant. i know i don't know you, but sometimes it's good to see the situation from a stranger's perspective. and i've recently gone through something of a similar nature, so it'll make you feel better that you're not the only one. plus i have many happy songs/quotes to cheer you up! tongue.gif speakin of, here's my favorite marilyn monroe quote
, "i believe everything happens for a reason. people change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they're wrong; you belive lies so you can eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. sometimes, good things fall apart so better things fall together."

keep up that positive attitude & keep your head up, gorgeous. please smile! :]

Wowow, thanks for the support! Yeah i totally do that "i feel fine" then "i feel like shit" thing all the time. But I just need to learn to let go, and i'm actually doing really well at this point. Oh, and i love that Marilyn Monroe quote. How ironic though, I used the last line of that quote and put it in a poem I wrote for that guy after we broke up haha laugh.gif

Tung
post Sep 9 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #15

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Member No: 65,593

My offer is still on the table Cheryl.

*cakedout*
post Sep 9 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #16

I am glad to see that you have made the right choice and moved on.

sharerol
post Sep 9 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #17

that heaven is overrated

QUOTE(Tungster @ Sep 9 2008, 11:41 AM) *
My offer is still on the table Cheryl.

True, but i prefer things under the table...

=X

hypnotique
post Sep 10 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #18

Live long and prosper.

Member No: 478,024

Thats where I am now except I spent an entire summer with someone who somehow never made the time for me.Ever since I dumped him for it he hasnt been around or wanting to talk to me which makes me question what the hell i did to deserve the abandonment I got.

LittleMissSunshi...
post Sep 11 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #19

rawr?

Group: Official Member
Member No: 285,858

awh, i know exactly how you feel. i was just about to post a topic like this. but all i know is that yeah, you need to find someone. if he really cares about you, he'll come back. it's a really confusing thing, cause you don't know if he just doesn't want to keep coming back or if he wants to move on. it really sucks, and i hope things get better. the only thing is that you can talk to him about it, but as friends way.. you know? if you can, then if you can't.. well i've never been through that, cause i myself never talked to the person i wanted to, i was scared. but hopefully it will go well for you, wish you all the best for whatever you need (;!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: