Closed TopicStart new topic
Serious Photoshp Elements Problem, I need help! Elements keeps crashing my computer!
Venia
post Jan 17 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #1

My life is a daydream.

Group: Member
Member No: 529,303

I've been having problems with Elements 4.0 on my Macbook. When I got the program six months ago, it worked great. In the past few months, however, it's been freezing up, timing out, unexpectedly quitting (in which case I lose up to 20 mins of work), and even crashing my whole computer. Just the other day, it somehow deleted all of my brushes, probably a good few thousand. It will take me all day just to reinstall them.

Will reinstalling the program help? I tried deleting it, emptying my trash bin, and reinstalling it, but that didn't seem to help. Maybe it didn't actually get reinstalled? I'm kind of new to Apple computers, so I don't know if there's anything special I need to do to uninstall and reinstall a program. Can anyone help me? I'm really frustrated with this problem right now!

superficial
post Jan 17 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #2

YUNJAESU<3

Group: Official Member
Member No: 585,275

Sometimes it's a problem with the local disk that you save the program on. How much space is left in the local disk that you saved your photoshop on? If there is a very little, I suggest that you uninstall some stuff in the same drive.

Also, did you already use a Macbook when you first had elements? (when it worked fine)

Venia
post Jan 17 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #3

My life is a daydream.

I have 60 GBs of space left, half the hard drive. I tried to uninstall it an reinstall it, but that didn't seem to change anything . . . it didn't even reload the default brushes.

Yeah, I've had the same computer with the same installation of photoshop elements for the past six months.

I'm really not sure what the problem is . . . *sighs* Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Sometimes it's a problem with the local disk that you save the program on. How much space is left in the local disk that you saved your photoshop on? If there is a very little, I suggest that you uninstall some stuff in the same drive.

Also, did you already use a Macbook when you first had elements? (when it worked fine)

superficial
post Jan 17 2008, 11:22 PM
Post #4

YUNJAESU<3

Group: Official Member
Member No: 585,275

When it closes, does it give a notification or it just randomly shuts down?

Also, if you don't know the reason why it's breaking down, try getting another photoshop or something.

Venia
post Jan 17 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #5

My life is a daydream.

It just randomly freezes or sometimes it won't freeze at all and gives me a screen that says "this application has experience and unexpected error and has shut down" but it doesn't give me a warning or a chance to save anything.

When I attempted to reinstall Elements, it was with a completely different DVD.

tailoredtrouble
post Jan 18 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #6

smells like teen spirit.

Member No: 601,458

this happened on my old computer with photoshop. it wasnt a mac, i think it might be an adobe thing cuz it has always tweaked out for me. but i dunno nobody else seems to have problems with it.. in the end my entire computer crashed and that sucked. maybe there's a bug or something. sorry, best suggestion i can give. :(

Comptine
post Jan 18 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #7

Sing to Me

Member No: 10,808

Is it a legitimate copy of the program? I know (even though we had PCs) that some friends and I had bootleg copies of Adobe Photoshop and other programs. All of us experienced severe problems with the programs after a few weeks of use (especially one girl who used it hardcore). I ended up switching to a copy a family friend burned made of Photoshop 7 and it started working better. Sometimes, burned/bootleg copies get transferred/copied wrong and there are big gaps or missing parts in the program.

Venia
post Jan 18 2008, 09:24 PM
Post #8

My life is a daydream.

No, I paid good money for it. XD I found a help article on Adobe's website on how to fix it. It's working fine now, but I still need to reload all my brushes. =( Thanks guys! Appreciate your help. =D

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: