Reply to this topicStart new topic
Wisdom Teeth, scared >_>
Insurmountable
post Feb 5 2008, 04:04 AM
Post #1

Cornflakes :D

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 322,923

So who has had their wisdom teeth taken out?

Did it hurt like a son of a bitch as everyone keeps telling me? Should I take the laughing gas before I get them taken out?

snak3y3z1001
post Feb 5 2008, 04:38 AM
Post #2

RaWr!

Group: Member
Member No: 90,404

I had all 4 of my wisedom teeth and 4 other molars all in one sitting XD Had to sedate me

jaeman
post Feb 5 2008, 04:59 AM
Post #3

Group: Official Member
Member No: 10,581

You'll most likely be sedated, the base hospital gives people sleeping gas so they're knocked out the entire time. I haven't had my wisdom teeth taken out yet, they're not causing me any problems but I remember all my friends that did get theirs taken out. For one, their breath was kickin'! And they told me that they couldn't drink out of straws or anything and they had to wash their mouth out with saltwater (not ocean saltwater, just water with salt in it). Aaaand, that's all I know about wisdom teeth so far.

JCLore
post Feb 5 2008, 07:16 AM
Post #4

Member No: 580,818

i have braces at the moment but before i got them i had displacia (spellings not right is it??) on 6 of my molars. they were removed (as well as 2 stubborn baby teeth) under heavy sedation. i remember having a drink of something and then waking up a day later with 8 teeth gone. the dentist tells me my Wisdom teeth are a good thing and that they planned all other dental work around them...so yea i dont have to worry about getting them out...i've already had one of the biggest, planned mouth surgeries in the state...well thats what i was told laugh.gif

Insurmountable
post Feb 5 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #5

^wow, doesn't sound fun o_O

I guess I'm not worried about it actually happening, just the pain afterwards >_>

I have braces currently, should be getting them removed within in the next 3 weeks.

lkajsfklajskds
post Feb 5 2008, 03:25 PM
Post #6

<joke> inside </joke>

Member No: 470,590

^I'm getting my braces removed this month, too! =D

B-NOX
post Feb 5 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #7

Group: Banned
Member No: 608,556

words of windom

ChangeofHeart
post Feb 5 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #8

Member No: 601,342

trust me the doctors get paid to do this, this is their JOB. They won't mess up and you won't feel pain. When they inject the numb med, it hurts for a secound because of the needle. It's easy don't worry.

Insurmountable
post Feb 5 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #9

^Oh I already knew about that, I'm not afraid of it actually hurting during the procedure or that their going to f**k up my mouth.

I just want to know about the after effects. And I had some teeth taken out when I was like 11 and they had to use a needle to inject the numbing stuff, it didn't bother me.

ArtofBreaking
post Feb 5 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #10

We're in for one wild night.

Member No: 603,255

I never had mine pulled. Do some people lose them or what? _unsure.gif

Insurmountable
post Feb 5 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #11

^Well some people don't have enough room in their mouth to keep them, so they have to go to a oral surgeon to get them removed. And then some it hurts them worse to keep them, then it does to just get them removed.

shrug.gif My mouth isn't big enough I'm guessing, because their not bothering me coming in, except that my gums are swollen and their covering the bracket of my bracket. But I know a few people that haven't had to get them removed.

austinoutloud
post Feb 5 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #12

awestinnn

Member No: 460,069

Eugh. I just noticed my wisdom teeth coming in. It looks really gross because you can see the tooth but theres like a little bit of my gum covering it, and it just feels weird when I chew and stuff like that. Hopefully I won't have to get them taken out.

miyashu
post Feb 5 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #13

cake or DEATH

Member No: 223,586

mine haven't started growing in yet. i've read an article that stated wisdom teet start coming in between the ages 17-25... so i'll probably get them in a year or so.

i'm also worried about the pain i'll feel after the procedure of getting them removed D:

*paperplane*
post Feb 6 2008, 12:50 AM
Post #14

I had mine taken out before they'd started coming out, because I had to have oral surgery to pull down another tooth. That was miserable, because I couldn't eat, I couldn't drink from a straw because of the suction, and couldn't drink one without one very well given that my mouth was numb and stuffed with cotton or whatever. So while I had several miserable days, I don't know anyone who's experience was nearly as bad from having just wisdom teeth removed.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: