Reply to this topicStart new topic
help on psp choice
*Liapidiox*
post Jun 16 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #1

I heard about the new <a href=http://www.psphacks.com/>PSP Go</a> and wondering if I can buy it somewhere yet, some say it's better than the <a href=http://www.psphacks.com/>PSP 3000</a> some say it's not, I m confused, witch one should I get?

Uronacid
post Jun 17 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #2

Group: Official Member
Member No: 555,438

From what I understand, the PSP GO will be a lighter system ,with a longer battery life, and a brighter more vibrant screen. The PSP GO will not work with currently available UMD discs for the PSP 1-3000. Instead you will utilize the PlayStation Store to purchase new games from the internet. I liked the idea of having a tangible disc or cartridge because I could trade it in for money or other games. The PSP GO is definitely going to be a better system in terms of quality, but does the idea of not having a tangible disc bother you?

How much with the PSP GO cost when it comes out?
The PSP-3000 isn't much better than the PSP-2000. How much will these systems cost when the PHP GO comes out?
UMD discs will plummet in price when the PSP GO comes out as they will be a thing of the past. Will you save money by purchasing old games on UMD and new games over the PSStore vs. purchasing all games from the PSStore?
How will the PSStore's purchasing system work?

The real question is, "Is the increased price worth the higher quality gaming experience?" That will be up to you and your wallet.

Mikeplyts
post Jul 12 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #3

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

^One of the only flaws of the PSP Go. cry.gif

queen
post Jul 13 2009, 06:47 AM
Post #4

‹(. .)›

Member No: 20,089

imo the pspgo's not that great of an upgrade in gaming experience for that price, and the price isn't even a problem for me, so basically, i just think it sucks ;o

i greatly dislike the design of the pspgo; it oddly reminds me of the sony milo and it's just as much of a ripoff. you're better off with the psp 2000/3000, which could still play umds + get the extended battery.

edit: oh, and i also personally don't like the slider design. i dislike it in phones, too, but it's even more awkward for me on a handheld.

Uronacid
post Jul 13 2009, 07:06 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(synkiro @ Jul 13 2009, 07:47 AM) *
imo the pspgo's not that great of an upgrade in gaming experience for that price, and the price isn't even a problem for me, so basically, i just think it sucks ;o

The PSP GO has an extended battery life.

queen
post Jul 13 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #6

‹(. .)›

Member No: 20,089

^yah, but a couple of reviews say that the difference in battery life between the pspgo and the 2000/3000 is almost undistinguishly small. i could be mistaken; it's still too early to know, and there's no real way for me to know until i try it out myself.

Battery life will remain similar to what PSP owners will be used to -- roughly 3 to 6 hours when playing games and 3 to 5 hours when watching videos

When I asked Sony about the battery life of the upcoming PSP Go at E3, I was told “about 5 hours”. It seems that may be on the high end.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=p...mp;oq=&aqi=

Uronacid
post Jul 13 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(synkiro @ Jul 13 2009, 08:08 AM) *
^yah, but a couple of reviews say that the difference in battery life between the pspgo and the 2000/3000 is almost undistinguishly small. i could be mistaken; it's still too early to know, and there's no real way for me to know until i try it out myself.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=p...mp;oq=&aqi=

Unless they used a smaller battery to cut costs I can't see why the PSP go wouldn't have a longer lasting battery life. The PSP go has no moving parts.

smoke
post Aug 9 2009, 06:03 AM
Post #8

Pokeball, GO!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 433,009

Save your money and get a 3000. The Go is stupid. I can't even grasp the idea of it even getting passed by Sony's top. What are they smoking???

heyo-captain-jac...
post Aug 9 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #9

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Member No: 602,927

And none of you guys saw that this is an advertisement?

smoke
post Aug 9 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #10

Pokeball, GO!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 433,009

Yes, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it I guess. It is a valid question, considering how expensive the these things are and that there will soon be 4 different models to choose from. I'd remove the links, but, meh, I can't. lol.

AncientWhisper
post Aug 11 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #11

.beautiful . dreamer .

Group: Member
Member No: 333,086

I'm really big on being able to actually hold a "tangible" cover/manual/disk of a game, so the PSP Go is definitely a no for me. There are subtle diffences between the PSP go and the other PSPs.

PSP Go has a slightly smaller screen (by a few milimeters), and will use downloadable content. There will be a gadget in which you can transfer your games in from a UMD disk to digital, but I heard the machine or whatever it is, will cost money. So yes, it can still play the older games--- you just need to convert. The good side to this is that games on your PSP = more battery time. You'll get less battery drain when a game is on your PSP since it takes more energy to spin the UMD Disk.

It is also thin, and has the whole slide design going on. To me, that means it's less durable. =/ I drop my PSP every once in a while and that brick still haven't broken and since the PSP Go is thin and like a slide phone I am not so sure about the durability.

The only reason I would get a PSP Go would be for the 16 GB Memory stick which is a HUGE deal to me and other people.

...And for hackers, the PSP 1001 model is hackable (and a few others too). It'll take a little while before the PSP Go could be hacked to get free games.

Add together with the price, I don't really like the PSP Go and I still think it's super fail that they don't have two analog sticks making FPS games still virtually impossible. Then again, the placement of the buttons on the PSP Go isn't handy at all even if they added another analog.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: