720p vs 1080p TV, 720p is surprisingly amazing
fiveseven
post Dec 30 2011, 02:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Human
Member No: 809,041

So when I hooked up my pc to my 720p tv with a vga cord, I expected horrible picture quality. To my surprise, 1360x768 looks really sharp on a 32/36" (i forget) flat screen. 720p and 1080p youtube videos are phenomenal and WoW is awesome.

However, I'm typing from across my small room at the head of my bed with a wireless keyboard and I am having slight difficulty reading these very words (letters are fuzzy from far away - this is my only problem). Can't tell if its due to being far away from the TV or the picture quality. I inch up a bit and I can see the words more clearly.

So would it be worth to upgrade to a 1080p tv (can it get any sharper?) or would I still have trouble reading? Maybe I should get my eyes checked. Maybe I don't have 20/20 vision after all.

Update:

Here I am all excited about VGA working on my TV, finding out now that DVI to HDMI cables exist and reviews say it destroys VGA. I will try this connection and hope that the fonts will be more legible from my usual head-of-bed to tv distance.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: