Help Topic Rules & Requirements

For a list of all requirements and guidelines pertaining to posting a new Help topic, please click here.

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

Making Entries Appear In A Scroll Box
TheWinterBones
post Jun 21 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #1

Beautiful Madness

Group: Member
Member No: 620,642

Is it possible to make entries automatically appear in an invisible scroll box?

If so, can somebody please share a code /or tell me how?

Thank you in advance!

Start new topic
Replies
Mikeplyts
post Jun 24 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #2

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

I think I know what you're getting at. Unfortunately, having an "invisible" scroll bar is only possible in Internet Explorer. All other browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, and etc. don't support that feature. However, you can have an "invisible" scroll bar in all browsers if you use Javascript (I would think, since I know you can change the colors and style and whatnot using it). However, I'm not sure if you can use custom Javascript on Blogger.

Also, is there a specific container name that holds all the entries? If so, you could just specify a set height and set an automatic overflow. For example:

Let's say we have a DIV container with an ID of entries that holds all the DIV containers which contain the content of each entry post. So, let's say the markup is something like:
CODE
<div id="entries">
<div>
Here is the entry content for this entry.
</div>

<div>
</div>

<div>
</div>

<div>
</div>
</div>

You'd have to do something like (CSS-wise):
CODE
div#entries {
height: 600px;
overflow: auto;
}

And as far as the Javascript goes, you'd have to check if it's allowed. If it is, you can try searching online for different codes that would suit your fancy.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: