Reply to this topicStart new topic
memorable book excerpts
Sabastian
post Apr 16 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #1

;o

Group: Member
Member No: 509,821

I'm in this prose interpreting competition where we interpret prose with our voices. Im in search of something to read for this competition hopefully you guys can help me. Basically what I am asking for are excerpts from books that you have read that you think would be entertaining for an audience to listen to. The only requirements are that the story has to be fiction and it cannnot be a play. I am willing to read anything!

Kathleen
post Jun 10 2010, 01:10 AM
Post #2

feed me your vices

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 2,800

Not sure if you still need this, but this is one of the most powerful and moving words I've ever read:

"'Blessed be God's name...'

Thousands of lips repeated the benediction, bent over like trees in a storm.

Blessed be God's name?

Why, but why would I bless Him? Every fiber in me rebelled. Because He caused thousands of children to burn in His mass graves? Because He kept six crematoria working day and night, including Sabbath and the Holy Days? Because in His great might, He had created Auschwitz, Birkenau, Buna, and so many other factories of death? How could I say to Him: Blessed be Thou, Almighty, Master of the Universe, who chose us among all nations to be tortured day and night, to watch as our fathers, our mothers, our brothers end up in the furnaces? Praised be Thy Holy Name, for having chosen us to be slaughtered on Thine altar?"

- Night, by Eli Wiesel

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: