Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Never Ending Debate on Prostitution
CrimsonSkyGraphi...
post Mar 26 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #26

All that you see or seem, is but a dream within a dream

Group: Member
Member No: 115,956

I think that's a good idea about the medical testing. I do believe there's actually a place in the world where it 'is' legal..under those limitations. As someone else said, 'who' is it morally degrading to? Okay, true..Maybe it doesnt look so great on society at first, to those who oppose it. 'But'..It can become accepted..And it might be able to stop some of the hate crimes you see out there. It'd make it a lot easier to stop the people who go around killing prostitutes, because they could be easier tracked. Maybe make it so everyone who hires one..and 'is' one, have to keep a log of who they're dealing with.

It can limit the spread of diseases because there can be laws about pracitising 'safe' sex, and you can know if the one you're sleeping with has anything before you do.

Regardless of if it's legal, people will always do it. And people will always disagree with it. Just like 90% of everything else in the world today. Only difference is, there are a lot of people who would do something 'because' it's against the law..To be rebeling.

yourmydream4now
post Apr 10 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #27

Member No: 86,609

****Regardless of if it's legal, people will always do it. And people will always disagree with it. Just like 90% of everything else in the world today. Only difference is, there are a lot of people who would do something 'because' it's against the law..To be rebeling.***

your right!!! i know now of a bunch of people who are smoking marijauna becuase they think its rebellious becuase it was illegal... even if they didn't like it!!! so same goes to brothels.... many could be going to this to state a rebellion within themselves. Plus if the women or men who are prosituting are being checked on a regular basis then whats so wrong with it? It's like a one night stand with a person u just met! i know that plenty of us out there have done this before! Todays media portrays it as a common thing nowadays. especially in todays music industry, rappers are constantly talking about one night stands and sex. Our society says its okay to have sex now. To them its not a big deal anymore. And its not.... i myslef use to think it was a big thing... until i actually had sex, after that it didn't seem like much. If these women or men choose to act as they will, then thats up to them.... whether they are doing it for pleasure or money, its theres. Many people are doing it for the money though. Many single mothers or just teens... have to go out there and sell themselves to be able to help support there families. Like strippers, they aren't just working for themselves half the time. And if they are doing it for pleasure then why not? As long as they're checked on a regular basis then its perfectly fine. Instead of men or women going out into the dirty streets and doing it somewhere unsafe without protection, they can go to the brothels which are required to use protection and have sex in a comfortable enviroment. its safe! thats the only thing many people are worried about.. is the damage of these brothels... but no ones getting hurt. As long as records are also being kept... then there is nothing to be afraid of! Sex is a beautiful thing.... well... all the sweat and stuff... but its suppoesed to represent soething beautiful... and as humans... we all lust for pleasure! lol.... to be frank....u can't say theres was no time in your life where u weren't horny! its human nature! its how our bodies act! so lets be safe.... brothels are should be legalized! if u wanna talk more about this then.. email me or IM me on aol at lusciouslips1489 or my email is lilvietlover89@yahoo.com the names cici!

tmauze
post Apr 10 2005, 09:28 PM
Post #28

Member No: 116,565

A woman selling her body to a man is quite obviously her choice, but I can't stand it. Talk about selling innocence and purity. What pisses me off the most though is when women say that they "were driven to do it because there was no other way to make money." Goodness, get an education. Even without an education there is always an alternative! My gosh that bugs me.

fameONE
post Apr 11 2005, 03:44 PM
Post #29

^_^

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 91,466

QUOTE(tmauze @ Apr 10 2005, 8:28 PM)
A woman selling her body to a man is quite obviously her choice, but I can't stand it. Talk about selling innocence and purity. What pisses me off the most though is when women say that they "were driven to do it because there was no other way to make money." Goodness, get an education. Even without an education there is always an alternative! My gosh that bugs me.

Amen to that.

starlette
post Apr 11 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #30

RAWR.

Member No: 102,641

to me, as a woman, I think things like that make it harder for us. If there are women out there that guys can legally go buy some from, there are more diseases, and when we say no, men know that have another option. And I guess, thats just something else for a poor 18 year old runaway to get swept up in cuz she doesnt want to go to school and get a real job. It sounds too impossible so she decides to sell something easy instead. Go watch the movie monster. It scared me. I could never sell sex. Its like, once you get in, its damn near impossible to go clean.

heyyfrankie
post Apr 11 2005, 04:58 PM
Post #31

This bitch better work!

Member No: 28,095

i think that is wrong and down-right nasty. i think that prostitution is wrong in itself but having the prostitutes available in designated buildings? that just seems inhumane. =/
i am completely against it.

gOODpIRATE
post Apr 14 2005, 12:40 AM
Post #32

un cool.

Member No: 125,269

well, people have the right to do whatever they wish with their body. its their's. they own it. i dont exactly agree with it, and i would never do that with my own body of course. i dont want to say that it is wrong, and who ever does it is horrible because i dont know the different crap that person has been through in life, and why it is infact they do it, you know what i mean?

*Weird addiction*
post Apr 14 2005, 03:56 AM
Post #33

I think it's a slutty job BUT it IS a job. If you feel comfortable doing it, then why not...afterall it's just sex...

fameONE
post Apr 14 2005, 06:38 PM
Post #34

^_^

So could ho'ing and stripping be placed in the same category?

*Weird addiction*
post Apr 16 2005, 04:17 AM
Post #35

QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Apr 15 2005, 12:38 AM)
So could ho'ing and stripping be placed in the same category?

No! stripping is different, you aren't having sex...nor selling your body...you can't compare those two jobs...

fameONE
post Apr 16 2005, 09:11 AM
Post #36

^_^

QUOTE(sandra6645 @ Apr 16 2005, 3:17 AM)
No! stripping is different, you aren't having sex...nor selling your body...you can't compare those two jobs...

Actually, you are selling your body.

*Weird addiction*
post Apr 16 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #37

Showing off your body isn't the same thing as having sex for money. Strippers dance and show off their bodies for money. Unlike hoes, they'll sleep with you for cash...

fameONE
post Apr 16 2005, 09:32 AM
Post #38

^_^

Women are objectified either way.

With prostitution, the act of sex itself is sold for profit.

With stripping, the appeal of sex by way of nudity is sold for profit.

The connection between both is the lack of intimacy in jobs that seem ok when people do their best to justify it as exploring your freedom.

What if you had sex with so many individuals that you lost count? What if the majority of those individuals treated you like 3/5ths of cowshit just so they can get off while "you're just making your money?"

What if you're on top of a stage stripping and someone you love and respect (older family member, teacher, etc) saw you doing your job while dozens of horny men screamed vulgar and profane things at you and throwing you moeny like you're no more than a 'charity whore.'

They are in the same boat.

EDIT// This is my 400th post!//

*mzkandi*
post Apr 16 2005, 09:39 AM
Post #39

QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Apr 16 2005, 9:32 AM)
Women are objectified either way.

With prostitution, the act of sex itself is sold for profit.

With stripping, the appeal of sex by way of nudity is sold for profit.

The connection between both is the lack of intimacy in jobs that seem ok when people do their best to justify it as exploring your freedom.

What if you had sex with so many individuals that you lost count? What if the majority of those individuals treated you like 3/5ths of cowshit just so they can get off while "you're just making your money?"

What if you're on top of a stage stripping and someone you love and respect (older family member, teacher, etc) saw you doing your job while dozens of horny men screamed vulgar and profane things at you and throwing you moeny like you're no more than a 'charity whore.'

They are in the same boat.

EDIT// This is my 400th post!//

I agree. But woman choose to do this remember! Some actually enjoy it and dont do it because there is a need for money. One of my best friend's cousins is a stripper and the girl has money. She likes the attention and since she is popular in the Orlando area the pay is good. Some of the females know they have family and friends that care for them and want to see them do better but they still do it anyways either for the need of money or for sheer enjoyment. I try my best not to judge but its hard not when they could be doing so much better. And what about male strippers? They exist to ya know.

*Weird addiction*
post Apr 16 2005, 09:40 AM
Post #40

From the dictionary

A stripper: dancer who provides erotic entertainment
synonymes: bump-and-grinder, burlesque queen, ecdysiast, exotic dancer, lap dancer, peeler, stripper, striptease artist, striptease dancer, stripteaser, stripteuse

Prostitute: loose woman, degrade self, abuse, call girl...etc
synonymes: abuse, cheapen, corrupt, debase, debauch, demean, deprave, devalue, misapply, misemploy, misuse, pervert, profane, vitiate, wench, whore.

And you say they are in the same boat?

fameONE
post Apr 16 2005, 12:30 PM
Post #41

^_^

QUOTE(sandra6645 @ Apr 16 2005, 8:40 AM)
From the dictionary

A stripper: dancer who provides erotic entertainment
synonymes: bump-and-grinder, burlesque queen, ecdysiast, exotic dancer, lap dancer, peeler, stripper, striptease artist, striptease dancer, stripteaser, stripteuse

Prostitute: loose woman, degrade self, abuse, call girl...etc
synonymes: abuse, cheapen, corrupt, debase, debauch, demean, deprave, devalue, misapply, misemploy, misuse, pervert, profane, vitiate, wench, whore.

And you say they are in the same boat?

How can you be so naive as to even believe that a dictionary definition can settle this? Nice try, though.

Yea, abobut male strippers Kiera, my friend is a stripper at Hard Bodies and he watned me to audition. Some days he likes it, but for the most part, its pretty hard on his psyche. He feels degraded, but also felt like he has to do it.

*Weird addiction*
post Apr 16 2005, 12:35 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Apr 16 2005, 6:30 PM)
How can you be so naive as to even believe that a dictionary definition can settle this? Nice try, though.

Yea, abobut male strippers Kiera, my friend is a stripper at Hard Bodies and he watned me to audition. Some days he likes it, but for the most part, its pretty hard on his psyche. He feels degraded, but also felt like he has to do it.

The dictionary gives the REAL meaning of striptease and prostitution, now adays people just assume they are the same...they aren't...

I want to be a stripper (that's why im emphasizing on this), that doesn't mean i'm selling my body...i'm not going to have sex with those watching me...

KELLYYY
post Apr 16 2005, 12:39 PM
Post #43

HAAAAAAAA.

Member No: 75,068

Psh, and they call America a free country. Yeah, right. Look at Mexico, they're free, right? mellow.gif Anyways, if America is a "free country", then wouldn't we do almost anything we wanted to? I don't think prostitution is wrong. I just feel sorry for the horny guys out there who can't get some but have money.

sadolakced acid
post Apr 16 2005, 08:31 PM
Post #44

dripping destruction

Member No: 21,929

prostitutes sell sex.
strippers sell the alure of sex.

both use thier body

both use thier body sexually to get money.

one just goes farther.

fameONE
post Apr 16 2005, 11:31 PM
Post #45

^_^

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Apr 16 2005, 7:31 PM)
prostitutes sell sex.
strippers sell the alure of sex.

both use thier body

both use thier body sexually to get money.

one just goes farther.

Thank you.

I thought I was crazy for a second for seeing that.

lilliannnn
post Apr 17 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #46

Member No: 57,818

i think it should be legalized. we were talking about this in school the other day.

i mean, really, its the girl (or guys, i guess) body and they should be able to do whatever they want with it.

fameONE
post Apr 17 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #47

^_^

I see your reasoning but I can't help but find the ironic humor when reading "i'm not a whore."

*Weird addiction*
post Apr 19 2005, 10:26 AM
Post #48

QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Apr 18 2005, 3:48 AM)
I see your reasoning but I can't help but find the ironic humor when reading "i'm not a whore."

Prostitutes ARE whores...strippers aren't whores, they are erotic dancers...there's a difference.

fameONE
post Apr 19 2005, 12:30 PM
Post #49

^_^

Ok, well then you have fun collecting crumpled up singles off the floor.

*mzkandi*
post Apr 19 2005, 01:45 PM
Post #50

QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Apr 19 2005, 1:30 PM)
Ok, well then you have fun collecting crumpled up singles off the floor.

damn brandon its like that....

paris hitlon says: "thats hawt, now work that corner bish"
actually i dont think she did say that, i got it from one of my friend's xanga

but anyways...

my stance is this...females do with your bodies as you please. I dont support or like females and males who have sex for money. I would never want to be a stipper because I find it rather degrading. But that is just me. And I understand perfectly that is not the way everyone thinks. If a female wants to make a living stripping whether she has to for the need to finanically support herself or because she likes the attention, whats that have to do with me. As far as prostitution goes, this to me poses a greater threat. There is a risk of getting deseases passed around. I have been reading through this forum about how if it was legalized it could get regulated more with health screens and such, but we all know there will always be people that wanna break the law.

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: