Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Never Ending Debate on Prostitution
illriginal
post Feb 19 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #226

Group: Official Member
Member No: 455,274

My God... with prostitution illegal at the moment, the U.S. has a high rate of STDs including HIV just within high school students a lone!. Imagine legalizing prostitution. No matter how many times you say, "but it'll be safe, like oh my god". It is only going to make things worse in regards to diseases spreading.

You know what... I don't even care any more, I'm not even going to be in this country by the time it's legalized, if ever.

brooklyneast05
post Feb 19 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #227

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

yeah you really think having regulation on std testing is going to be worse than having no regulation whatsoever.

definitely see how that makes sense.

illriginal
post Feb 19 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #228

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Feb 19 2009, 11:16 PM) *
yeah you really think having regulation on std testing is going to be worse than having no regulation whatsoever.

definitely see how that makes sense.

Listen to the shit that you're spewing. "Regulation on STD testing" Where's that regulation NOW?! Oh wait, there isn't one... and there's never going to be one.

brooklyneast05
post Feb 19 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #229

I'm Jc

QUOTE(illmortal @ Feb 20 2009, 12:18 AM) *
Listen to the shit that you're spewing. "Regulation on STD testing" Where's that regulation NOW?! Oh wait, there isn't one... and there's never going to be one.

WHERE IS THE REGULATION NOW? THERE ISN'T ANY BECAUSE IT'S f*ckING ILLEGAL SO IT CAN'T BE REGULATED. WTF DO YOU NOT GET ABOUT THIS??

illriginal
post Feb 19 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #230

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Feb 19 2009, 11:19 PM) *
WHERE IS THE REGULATION NOW? THERE ISN'T ANY BECAUSE IT'S f*ckING ILLEGAL SO IT CAN'T BE REGULATED. WTF DO YOU NOT GET ABOUT THIS??

Bro... lol. STDs and HIV is almost becoming an epidemic (I'm sure you know what the term epidemic means) here in the U.S. a lone. Why the f*ck would they finally regulate STD testings once prostitution is legalized?

Take the time to read this: http://www.kff.org/hivaids/upload/3029_10.pdf

All you guys are doing is saying, "they should legalize prostitution" then throw some silly idea about "regulating STD testings"...

brooklyneast05
post Feb 19 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #231

I'm Jc

i'm talking about regulating PROSTITUTES std testing. if it was legalized they could make them get tested and be clean.

you are missing the entire point of what i'm saying. you act like i'm talking about std regulating in everyone in the country. no wtf, this is about prostitutes.

illriginal
post Feb 19 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #232

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Feb 19 2009, 11:26 PM) *
i'm talking about regulating PROSTITUTES std testing. if it was legalized they could make them get tested and be clean.

you are missing the entire point of what i'm saying. you act like i'm talking about std regulating in everyone in the country. no wtf, this is about prostitutes.

-.- If they regulate on prostitution, they would have to do the same with all civilians. My God I could compare the movie 28 weeks later to this retarded idea. Why the hell would they only regulate STD testings on the possible host?... They have to regulate it on all people not just the possible host which would be the prostitute.

brooklyneast05
post Feb 19 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #233

I'm Jc

QUOTE(illmortal @ Feb 20 2009, 12:30 AM) *
-.- If they regulate on prostitution, they would have to do the same with all civilians. My God I could compare the movie 28 weeks later to this retarded idea. Why the hell would they only regulate STD testings on the possible host?... They have to regulate it on all people not just the possible host which would be the prostitute.

lol no they wouldn't. unless you're saying that all civilians would go to a prostitute. it's a perfectly simple idea to grasp. the prostitute has to show proof that she is clean and the man has to show proof that he is clean too before the transaction takes place. i don't get what's so hard to understand about that or how you think that would be WORSE than not having the ability to put regulations of this nature up.

they wouldn't have to regulate it on "all" people only those involved in PROSTITUTION (refer to topic title). i am not involved in any way with prostitution so i will not have any std regulation enforced upon me becuase i'm not requesting the service.

sixfive
post Feb 19 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #234

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 653,768

QUOTE(illmortal @ Feb 19 2009, 10:30 PM) *

god you're dumb

take a look at the prostitution system in amsterdam, and you'll see that it works.

illriginal
post Feb 20 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #235

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Feb 19 2009, 11:36 PM) *
god you're dumb

take a look at the prostitution system in amsterdam, and you'll see that it works.

Right... it works, while HIV/AIDS is on the rise in the Netherlands. Especially among homosexual men. Yep that's working fool proof rolleyes.gif

sixfive
post Feb 20 2009, 12:05 AM
Post #236

its a good thing the majority of prostitutes are males and female prostitution is highly undesirable

karmakiller
post Feb 20 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #237

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Member No: 384,020

Tama, you need to do some research about the STDs and prostitution. In many European countries STDs are lower in prostitutes than it is amongst the general public.

Prostitutes will more than likely work in Eros, brothels, or bars. If prostitution is controlled the government will be able to make more money off it, kids won't be exposed, the risk of disease will go down, abuse will go down, sex slave trade will go down...

sixfive
post Feb 20 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #238

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Feb 19 2009, 11:45 PM) *
Tama, you need to do some research about the STDs and prostitution. In many European countries STDs are lower in prostitutes than it is amongst the general public.

Prostitutes will more than likely work in Eros, brothels, or bars. If prostitution is controlled the government will be able to make more money off it, kids won't be exposed, the risk of disease will go down, abuse will go down, sex slave trade will go down...

no thats not true america is a shitty place to live and mainstream rappers are all shit and im smarter than you

illriginal
post Feb 20 2009, 12:52 AM
Post #239

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Feb 20 2009, 12:45 AM) *

Uhm... I've actually heard/read the whole argument with Amsterdam prior to kryo's attempt to prove a point. And I'm glad you also mentioned sex slave trade because that's still an on going issue in many parts of Europe, including the Netherlands.

How won't kids be exposed? Have you been to Amsterdam? Have you seen the red light district? You can pretty much go "window shopping" for a prostitute, which by the way sometimes they're butt naked and others are literally wearing "strings" to cover their private parts... Do you even know how many prostitutes in many parts of Europe are actually 16 years of age, sometimes younger?

Anyways, like I said, I'm done with this discussion. The thread title clearly reads, "The Never Ending Debate on Prostitution" and there's no point in me going further. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

karmakiller
post Feb 20 2009, 12:52 AM
Post #240

Children and women aren't allowed in the red light district.

Also, a fine is usually enforced for soliciting sex on the street in a residential area (where children could be exposed). In Germany, 2.5% of prostitutes test positive for STDs, which is a number that is lower than the general public.

illriginal
post Feb 20 2009, 01:03 AM
Post #241

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Feb 20 2009, 12:52 AM) *
Children and women aren't allowed in the red light district.

lol wut. Brah.. in 2006 me and my lady walked through the red light district. In fact the place was nearly crawling with cops at their posts. I didn't see any signs nor were we warned.

karmakiller
post Feb 20 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #242

I'm a girl, I'm not your "brah". Where in the Netherlands did you go?

turnupthevolume
post Mar 3 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #243

Group: Member
Member No: 565,939

Of course it shouldn't be illegal... A woman should be able to do what she wants to do with HER body. The government doesn't have the right to tell prostitutes that they can't do that.

The fact that prostitution is illegal is just another law that proves America is definitely not a free country.

Byyyy the way, I would never ever ever be a prostitute. If I ever did though, (which I won't) I should have the right.

karmakiller
post Mar 3 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #244

QUOTE(turnupthevolume @ Mar 3 2009, 06:26 PM) *
Of course it shouldn't be illegal... A woman should be able to do what she wants to do with HER body. The government doesn't have the right to tell prostitutes that they can't do that.
I think that's a really over used excuse for things and it comes up in discussions about other things, too, like abortion. I think that excuse boils down to whether or not what the person is doing is considered harmful, not just to herself but also to others... and to answer that leads into more detail. Saying people should be able to do something to or with their bodies is too vague shrug.gif

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: