Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sex, Sexual Intercourse, "It", etc., Is it still about what's important.
Rating 5 V
BamBamBoogie
post Mar 2 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 484,926

So I've been ruminating over the topic of sex. While doing so, I realized that I, along with many others, have had some type of sexual relations without having any strong feelings. So here are my questions:

Is sex all its cracked up to be?

Do people still have sex for the right reasons? (Childbirth, Love, etc.)

Is abstinence a good way to go, or should you get some experience so you dont suck when you get married?

Just a few questions, but I may think of more questions along the way.

brooklyneast05
post Mar 2 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #2

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

1. yeah and no. sex is supposed to be great, and it can be. so i guess in that sense it is all it's cracked up to be to me. i think it's not all it's cracked up to be either in a way though because people spend a lot of time worrying about it. i don't know. depends on who you're doing it with imo.

2. yup, of course people still have sex for love and childbirth. as long as people are still in love and having kids, which presumably will be forever, then some will be having it for the right reasons. although "right reasons" is pretty subjective. any reason can be a right one imo as long as both partners agree on it.

3. either. neither is better than the other i don't think. if you want to have sex have sex, and if you want to save it for someone certain then save it for them. i highly doubt if you marry someone you love and care about deeply and vise versa that they are going to think it's THAT big of a deal if you suck your first time. probably means you made a shitty marriage choice though, so that's too bad.

creole
post Mar 2 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #3

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 676,364

If they are willing to lose their virginity, then go for it.
Woot woot. I mean, nothing's wrong with sexy. Seriously.
You wouldn't be born if your parents didn't have secks.
If you want to be abstinence, that is your own practice. It's kind of challenging to prevent yourself from sex, but if you' really feel devoted, go for it.

dispn0ygonekrazy
post Mar 3 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #4

*Influential Guitarist & Inspiring Writer*

Group: Official Member
Member No: 51,134

1 depends

2 depends

3 depends

most of your questions really depend on the person and how they think. People talk about sex all the time, people have sex and people are often insecure about themselves when they have sexual intercourse. For example like you said on your third question, gaining experience before you get married so your man ain't gonna be like well im sure you can think of an outcome. Everyone is different you both could be abstinent and have sex when you're married for your first time and experiment with each other and get better at it.

When you say is sex all its cracked up to be, what do you really mean by that? Sex feels good. But there are times where having sex with someone can create or break a bond. If a person wants to have sex with another person no strings attached but the other ends up having feeling or developing etc.. you get the idea.

There is also many people who live by standards and morals, Having sex for being in love with your partner and for child birth etc. But when you combine sex and reasoning being good or bad reasoning's it's like a whole new contradiction. You're going to end up debating with yourself whether or not your actions will be to either good or bad reasons. Some people crave sex its natural. but are you really going to find a mr. right to please your cravings? THUS why I say everything depends on the person and how they think.

Insurmountable
post Mar 3 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #5

Cornflakes :D

Member No: 322,923

Is sex all its cracked up to be? Depends on who your talking to about sex. There are some idiots out there that try pressuring people in to and talk about how amazing it is but if you go into it with that type of mentality, yea your not going to like it more than likely.

Do people still have sex for the right reasons? (Childbirth, Love, etc.) Yes of course, one of my really good childhood friends just got married. She had never kissed her husband until her wedding day and next did anything sexually except on her wedding night and they've wanted a kid since their wedding night and now they are finally pregnant 3 months later.

Is abstinence a good way to go, or should you get some experience so you dont suck when you get married? Its up to you, this decision is purely your own. If you believe that abstinence is the way to go then great! Don't ever listen to other people trying to talk you out of it if you choose to be this way as well. If you honestly believe that you need experience for when you get married that's your decision as well. But don't you think it would be great to get married to someone else that doesn't really have any experience and starting your own sexual chapter so to speak together. You both can try out new things and it can be interesting.

So in the end, its all up to you.

smash
post Mar 3 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #6

f your couch

Member No: 491,301

Is sex all its cracked up to be? i can't speak from a whole lot of personal experience but i think it can be. if i know what i want and can communicate that well enough to whoever i'm with, he can do the same, and we're both more than willing to please each other, then yes. i think it can be frickin awesomeness.

Do people still have sex for the right reasons? (Childbirth, Love, etc.) i'm sure a lot of people do. i know when i do have sex, it'll be for the right reasons. love should come first in my opinion.

Is abstinence a good way to go, or should you get some experience so you dont suck when you get married? i'm all for abstinence. but with that said it's a difficult thing to stick with. takes a lot of strong will and courage. i don't think that waiting until marriage will be a problem for me. i plan on being with someone who will be willing to grow with me emotionally, mentally, and sexually.

Uronacid
post Mar 4 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #7

Member No: 555,438

Is sex all its cracked up to be?
Sex is what it's cracked up to be under the right conditions.

Yes, people still have sex for those reasons... is this rhetorical?

Is abstinence a good way to go, or should you get some experience so you dont suck when you get married?
If you were raised by parents that taught you sex was something that you should treasure then I would wait until you're with someone you believe will stand by your side for a very long time. In this case sex is like saying I love you. Having sex with someone who doesn't see sex as something special would be like throwing your heart away.

If you were raised by people who believe sex isn't a big deal then it probably won't be a big deal to you either. In this case, f*ck it, go find someone who has the same thoughts on sex as you do and experiment.

hi-C
post Mar 5 2009, 12:31 AM
Post #8

Amberific.

Member No: 29,772

QUOTE(BamBamBoogie @ Mar 2 2009, 09:13 PM) *
Now, see, I get... offended isn't the right word, but I definitely roll my eyes when people talk about sex and love in the same sentence, and in that sort of context. Don't get me wrong, I respect those who choose to do it for their own moral convictions, but think about this: while most creatures have sex just to procreate, humans -- and bonobos, a type of chimp -- are the only creatures who get to have any fun out of it. So how come enjoyment is never considered a "right" reason to have sex?

My thoughts on this got kind of jumbled, I hope I explained that well...

smash
post Mar 5 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #9

f your couch

i hear you. enjoyment can be achieved from the simple thought of having sex with someone you love.

hi-C
post Mar 5 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #10

Amberific.

^ I didn't exactly mean it like that, but okay.

smash
post Mar 5 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #11

f your couch

oh, i know. i was just adding.

dosomethin888
post Mar 8 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #12

Member No: 663,413

I think abstinence is the way to go. If you are scared of not having enough experience for when your married, talk to your fiancee. He/she probable understands too.

I think that sex inside of marriage is for, of course, to make babies, if you want some, but it is also to be with the person you love... for fun too.

Um.. to me, I will not have sex with just anyone. I am planning on waiting until marriage because it is important to me.

Now, see, I get... offended isn't the right word, but I definitely roll my eyes when people talk about sex and love in the same sentence, and in that sort of context. Don't get me wrong, I respect those who choose to do it for their own moral convictions, but think about this: while most creatures have sex just to procreate, humans -- and bonobos, a type of chimp -- are the only creatures who get to have any fun out of it. So how come enjoyment is never considered a "right" reason to have sex?

My thoughts on this got kind of jumbled, I hope I explained that well...

How do you know animals dont just have sex for fun? You know how many dogs I see humping pillows... Lol.

Tung
post Mar 8 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #13

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Member No: 65,593

QUOTE(Tung @ Feb 23 2009, 10:38 PM) *
After reading the lasts couple of posts, I'm questioning if BamBamBoogie has ever even had first hand experienced with sex, to even talk about this subject.

Ditherliss
post Mar 8 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #14

COFFEE!!! >_O

Member No: 717,618

I say just masturbate. Just have intercourse with a couch (like I do) or a silicone manikin (made for sexual intercourse). It's really the best way to go. But thats just IMO. I usually just go "Lets get this over with" to masturbating. I find it annoying and an out-of-the-way task. It's almost vital, but annoying. Sexual intercourse should only be used as a reproductive protocol. If even that. Due to advances in science that is no longer vary necessary, when you can make your child smart and physically fit from tweaks in DNA. But like I said, It's IMO.

Tung
post Mar 8 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #15

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Member No: 65,593

^ You stoled that from last week's episode of Nip Tuck, when that guy was having sex with a couch.

Harp
post Mar 8 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #16

Member No: 683,235

QUOTE(Ditherliss @ Mar 8 2009, 12:33 AM) *
I say just masturbate. Just have intercourse with a couch (like I do) or a silicone manikin (made for sexual intercourse). It's really the best way to go. But thats just IMO. I usually just go "Lets get this over with" to masturbating. I find it annoying and an out-of-the-way task. It's almost vital, but annoying. Sexual intercourse should only be used as a reproductive protocol. If even that. Due to advances in science that is no longer vary necessary, when you can make your child smart and physically fit from tweaks in DNA. But like I said, It's IMO.

masturbation compared to sex...

Ditherliss
post Mar 8 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #17

COFFEE!!! >_O

Member No: 717,618

QUOTE(YukkaPukka @ Mar 8 2009, 12:36 AM) *
masturbation compared to sex...

Well if you have a Partner, sexual intercourse is a required life-extending protocol for males. But if you are not Married, you should just Masturbate if anything.

sexual intercourse for females, on the other hand, may act as a life-shortening protocol. Which then I wouldn't consider much of a protocol, unless you want to use her as a battery. Heh.

EDIT-
QUOTE(Tung @ Mar 8 2009, 12:35 AM) *
^ You stoled that from last week's episode of Nip Tuck, when that guy was having sex with a couch.

I don't watch Nip Tuck. I barely know what it is about. I really masturbate with my couch. I've been doing it for years now. Don't accuse me of stealing good ideas I made up from stupid shows, k'? ;D

EDIT: Make that Stupid GAY Shows! ;D I do not like my intelligence insulted. kthx.

Stuckie
post Mar 8 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #18

Ummm... I can't think of anything creative to put here

Group: Human
Member No: 118,965

Sex is all that its cracked up to be.

People do still have sex for the right reasons

If you and your partner are virgins and you finally have sex, you'll think its extravagant. You never had it before so you're... ignorant to what else is out there. Gaining experience for the time you get married will only be of use if you marry a ho.

hi-C
post Mar 8 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #19

Amberific.

QUOTE(dosomethin888 @ Mar 8 2009, 01:02 AM) *
How do you know animals dont just have sex for fun? You know how many dogs I see humping pillows... Lol.
That's true; let me refine my statement. I got pleasure confused with similar habits (bonobos engage in face-to-face sex, genital rubbing, and oral sex). Animal emotions are too complex to say they don't get pleasure from sex.

That being said, the rest of my statement stands: if sex feels good, then why isn't feeling good a legitimate, "right," reason to have sex?

dosomethin888
post Mar 9 2009, 01:19 AM
Post #20

Member No: 663,413

I like your logo^. Poor kid. Lol.

AimeeLynn
post Mar 9 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #21

here, here, and here

Member No: 206,103

Honestly, What I think about sex is nothing anymore.
SEX IS NOT WHAT IT'S ALL IT'S CRACK UP TO BE!

I wish I had kept my virginity. I regret having sex because I "thought" I loved a person.I was afraid of commitment because I loved this guy that broke my heart after I had sex with him.
It seems like after I had sex that I want sex more and more with others. So I use to "Hookup" with other guys to please me. They say it's a game, the trick is not to get caught. That went out the window because I was labeled "Easy". I hated when someone called me out on it.
It's not what it's cracked up to be. I really think that people shouldn't do it when they question it. Sex is dangerous especially when you don't use a condom correctly.

Don't get me wrong I love sex, it's thrilling and feels good. It's just that make sure you have sex with someone you love not just for the heck of it, then you will be playing the game.

PLUS Masturbating is not at all like sex at all so it can only do so much.

BamBamBoogie
post Mar 9 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #22

Member No: 484,926

After reading the lasts couple of posts, I'm questioning if BamBamBoogie has ever even had first hand experienced with sex, to even talk about this subject.

I seriously would like to know why you always have something to say about my posts. stubborn.gif

illriginal
post Mar 9 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #23

Member No: 455,274

Is it still? Pfffft... not in the western side of the world. laugh.gif
Sex is now considered more like a sport.

Tsukuyomi-No-Mok...
post Mar 10 2009, 03:20 AM
Post #24

Member No: 709,923

QUOTE(AimatmeRam @ Mar 9 2009, 10:22 AM) *
Honestly, What I think about sex is nothing anymore.
SEX IS NOT WHAT IT'S ALL IT'S CRACK UP TO BE!

I wish I had kept my virginity. I regret having sex because I "thought" I loved a person.I was afraid of commitment because I loved this guy that broke my heart after I had sex with him.
It seems like after I had sex that I want sex more and more with others. So I use to "Hookup" with other guys to please me. They say it's a game, the trick is not to get caught. That went out the window because I was labeled "Easy". I hated when someone called me out on it.
It's not what it's cracked up to be. I really think that people shouldn't do it when they question it. Sex is dangerous especially when you don't use a condom correctly.

Don't get me wrong I love sex, it's thrilling and feels good. It's just that make sure you have sex with someone you love not just for the heck of it, then you will be playing the game.
PLUS Masturbating is not at all like sex at all so it can only do so much.

I'll second that mainly cause i've seen too many people fall victim to the same thing and it's sad how it destroys their life.
you can't hate the game if you playin it
thats the problem some girls i see have.
they hate bein used and stuff by guys yet they hook up wit as many guys as they can
u can't hate the players if you playin the game your self.
but to thouse who kept them self in a stable place in they life and don't abuse sex then they are prolly better off
where as i know this one girl who she still has sex with everyone she can get with even though she's got three different STDs and the sad thing bout it is the people who get with her know what shes got and she knows too and it's kinda sad how people will take such risks and throw their health away simply for the pleasure of sex.
what's her excuse?
she's young so f*ck it
I say sex use it properly cause it can kill you if you screw up.

but yea sex it's pretty overratted and yea guys aren't the only ones who play the game cause girls are just as capable

coconutter
post Mar 10 2009, 07:02 AM
Post #25

omnomnom

Member No: 180,688

To answer the second question you really have to decide what you think is right and wrong. There is no obvious answer and it all depends on morals or opinions.

Sooo, what do you consider wrong?

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: