Reply to this topicStart new topic
Guys who aren't really my type?
jennyjenny
post Oct 8 2005, 10:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 28,115

I'm 14 and I've never had a boyfriend before. I've never been kissed before either, and my friends think it's sort of weird. I do too. The thing is, I would rather be friends with the guy first. But the guys at my school are jerks.

I guess the thing is, the guys that I have as friends aren't really my type and I don't really see myself going out with them. But the guys who are my type, I know I have no chance and I don't want to get rejected.

Anyone else feel this way?

KissMe2408
post Oct 8 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #2

Yawn

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 65,772

Hey,
Being 14 and not being in a relationship yet is not at all shameful or weird. I think everyone is dating at a WAYYY too young of an age,and girls getting hurt for no reason at all. And don't settle for less! Wait for that guy you are looking for, one that will be WORTH dating! I'm glad you're not going out with a bunch of jerks. And nothings weird about not getting kissed by 14, trust me, your time will come. And i promise you there will be a special guy, one that you will be glad you saved ur first kiss :)

silver-rain
post Oct 8 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #3

hi. call me linda.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 3,475

Yeah, being 14 and not having had a boyfriend or a kiss isn't that bad... I had my first boyfriend and kiss when I was 16...
Don't worry about not having a boyfriend, he'll come around eventually.
But yeah, I know what you're talking about. All my guy friends are not my type and I don't really see myself going out with them. But, those guys that I would rather want to go out with probably don't like me back.

sprezzatura
post Oct 8 2005, 06:00 PM
Post #4

Peggy.

Member No: 214,025

Same to here, I am 14 either and having no relationships.
Once you know how to drive, start your college and your career, you will see how many "types" of guys exist and there must be some that match you. School has a limited number of "types" and that's reality. WAIT UNTIL THAT DAY COMES.

*jooleeah*
post Oct 8 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #5

Jenny....guess what?!

I'm in the same exact situation as you. _smile.gif It's just that I've had a boyfriend before. I don't really consider him my first boyfriend though.

Really, you shouldn't worry about it. Just because you've had a boyfriend before or your "first kiss" before doesn't mean anything. I know what you by the guys at school though...theres nobody at my school i would really like. most of them are jerks mad.gif but thats okay. maybe one day some of them will change and be all cooool and such.

Yaaay. You're not the only one, dear! flowers.gif Our "perfect guys" will come around sooner or later. Eh..hopefully anyway :D

Chii
post Oct 8 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #6

dakishimetainoni...

Member No: 75,318

you can't really find a boyfriend at 14 if you just stay in your little circle of friends and school.

i met my first boyfriend at my summer job when i was 14, we dated for 8 months.

jennyjenny
post Oct 8 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #7

Member No: 28,115

QUOTE(Chii @ Oct 8 2005, 10:00 PM)
you can't really find a boyfriend at 14 if you just stay in your little circle of friends and school.

i don't have any friends at school.

i have like 2 guy friends from school. the others aren't from my school, or even my town.

and yeah, i think 14 is a little too young to date. i think kids nowadays are too young to date. i just feel left out, i guess. my friend's like 15 and she's gone to third and sometimes i guess it makes me feel sort of jealous? that she's had like 10 boyfriends and i've had like none. and like, all of my friends like have boyfriends/girlfriends and it makes me feel like no one's ever gonna like me. pretty high self-esteem, huh? yeah, well i don't care. that's how i feel.

misoshiru
post Oct 8 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #8

yan lin♥

Member No: 13,627

it's okay. just wait for the right one to come along.

i'm 16 and i've never dated or kissed a guy.

Chii
post Oct 9 2005, 12:07 AM
Post #9

dakishimetainoni...

Member No: 75,318

QUOTE(Cake. @ Oct 8 2005, 11:34 PM)
my friend's like 15 and she's gone to third and sometimes i guess it makes me feel sort of jealous? that she's had like 10 boyfriends and i've had like none.

i personally think that's a bad thing...i don't understand why people think it's so cool to have had so many boyfriends. is it really that cool that you can't make a relationship work?

just sit tight and someone worthy will come along.

anniepiee
post Oct 9 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #10

banangst ♥

Member No: 237,399

that's not a problem at all.
being single=being safe and no chance of getting heart broken.
you're only 14. you've got however many years ahead. just wait till the right guy.=)

EmmalieV
post Oct 10 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #11

insanitys contagious.

Member No: 99,707

Never say your never someones "type".

Because you just might be exactly what their looking for.

*iNyCxShoRT*
post Oct 10 2005, 02:24 PM
Post #12

I know people who are 18 and have never had a boyfriend. It takes time, be patient your guy will come eventually. Don't try to find one, you'll just have to wait til it comes to you =D

miss-_-guitar
post Oct 28 2005, 06:14 PM
Post #13

Member No: 278,575

hi im 14 almost 15 and i just got my first bf. i felt the same way as u. u just have to wait for the right to come along

angelrevelation
post Oct 28 2005, 07:17 PM
Post #14

You can't keep running from what you're trying to find.

Member No: 54,096

wow... i'm in exactly the same situation. all my guy friends aren't my 'type' as boyfriends. and i've never had a bf either, kiss, w.e. and i'm 14 also! _smile.gif i guess i'm not alone lol

ecargnmyst
post Oct 28 2005, 08:39 PM
Post #15

Member No: 70,748

its ok..ur only 14! i think i went through the same jealousy thing at age 14 when all my friends' hormones started acting up and everyones going out cept for me..but the thing is...all of the guy friends that have had a crush on me..i just dont like them...=\..and the one guy friend i do like..i dunno if he likes me back =\..so im now 16...and ive never had an actual bf or kiss...so its ok! dont worryy =]

topsyturvy
post Oct 28 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #16

naïvety

Group: Human
Member No: 488

QUOTE(Chii @ Oct 9 2005, 12:07 PM)
i personally think that's a bad thing...i don't understand why people think it's so cool to have had so many boyfriends. is it really that cool that you can't make a relationship work?

^ Couldn't have said it any better.

eccentricity__
post Oct 28 2005, 11:00 PM
Post #17

Member No: 279,631

I'm almost 14, and never had a boyfriend or kissed. It really isn't such a big deal, unless you want to go strutting around about it or something, but no one really cares. I've never had a friend who ditched me or people who thought I was a weird loser or something for not having a bf/been kissed before, although I know most people already have.

It'll happen eventually...don't mope over it. And if you seriously want to be kissed, go ask some guy out >_>

Also, about being friends with guys first >> I usually don't spend much time thinking about who I like and stuff, and I'm not much of the type of person who would fall for someone for their looks. I'm more of a personality person. So what happens usually is that I start developing feelings for the guys I become good friends with =/ eh. Which is just annoying sometimes. Because I'd prefer them as friends.

eccentricity__
post Oct 28 2005, 11:03 PM
Post #18

Member No: 279,631

QUOTE(Chii @ Oct 8 2005, 10:00 PM)

i met my first boyfriend at my summer job when i was 14, we dated for 8 months.

That's not true, most of the people in my grade who are dating are dating someone in my grade or at my school.

The closest thing I've ever had to a boyfriend was one of my friends at school, also. So it really can't be that hard. You have to be openminded though, and it's true that you can't stay inside a really really tight circle of a few friends. But within school, it's fine.

NgocQuyen
post Oct 28 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #19

c[:

Member No: 2,876

i'm almost 16 and i've never had a boyfriend, and i'm quite proud of it too...lols...i mean..its not like i avoid getting boyfriends. well, okay i kind of do, but i still talk to a lot of guys. but what i'm really trying to do is let them come to me really...once you're looking you just aren't satisfied with what you find. lols..don't just settle for what your school has to offer you! just wait...you're only 14, i'm pretty sure you have plenty of time for all that dating stuff...and your friend? 15? over 10 bfs? gone to third alrdy? can you say STANK? lols...stank....that's just groady....but you know...GOOD FOR HER!! at that rate she'll get a STD at 16! she'll be REAL popular then wont she? how cool would she really feel?!?!?!

shortiiex
post Oct 28 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #20

Member No: 52,702

i'm similar..but i don't think it should be friends before boyfriends..it seems to awkward for me

what type are you?
what type are you looking for?

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: