Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Jews, Muslims, and Christians?
Rating 5 V
Mikeplyts
post Apr 26 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #1

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

Who's right?

I was studying this today and got interested in it but I'm just wondering, whose land is it? Who do Christians "support" the most? Does the Bible have any relation to the Muslim or Jewish "Book"? (Sorry, forgot their names).

illriginal
post Apr 26 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #2

Group: Official Member
Member No: 455,274

Jews and Muslims.. and Christians in the Middle East, Orthodox / Greek Orthodox Christians that is.

Islam: Quran

Christianity: Bible

Judaism: Torah

heyo-captain-jac...
post Apr 26 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #3

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Member No: 602,927

Add more.

None of them are right.

illriginal
post Apr 26 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #4

Meh take the Quranic challenge, then prove it's not right.

I've enjoyed watching scholars, historians, and scientists drop to their knees and do their Salat, the first Pillar, their submission to Allah's will wink.gif

karmakiller
post Apr 26 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #5

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Apr 26 2009, 09:25 PM) *
Who's right?
I was studying this today and got interested in it but I'm just wondering, whose land is it? Who do Christians "support" the most? Does the Bible have any relation to the Muslim or Jewish "Book"? (Sorry, forgot their names).
IMO, you should take a Philosophy class. Religions have a lot of depth and it would take a lot of replies and conflicting opinions for you to fully understand the differences. None of our opinions can fully be objective.

illriginal
post Apr 26 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #6

Ew... just not too much philosophy. Now a days people simply get deep into philosophy only to follow it as if it's literally a religion of its own. When in reality it's just the mentality of said author.

Superase
post Apr 27 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #7

Candy & Cookie Tester

Group: Member
Member No: 724,880

The utlimate question! I would have to say none of them are right. Each of those books are not and will never be the original, manual on how to live to life. Each book, the bible, quran, and torah have been adjusted to what the people making the first print liked. And those were men.
I've never been really to into religion, but when I started taking all these history classes in college it opened my eyes and so i became a deist. One of my teachers explained it to me in simple terms, you believe in a god but not organized religion.

illriginal
post Apr 27 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #8

lol... you're kidding right? Just because the Bible has been perverted over the centuries DEFINITELY does not mean that the Qur'an and the Torah have been. Unless of course you have some proof. I beg for that proof. In fact, if you can prove that the Qur'an itself has been tainted, I'll become an atheist right now. wink.gif

PurpleDaze112
post Apr 27 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #9

Member No: 649,565

My question is that if a god is so wonderful and so loving, why is the world such a miserable place? Why do some people get love, or money, or happiness while others are born without eyes or die becaue their mothers can't porduce enough breast milk to feed them? Why are israeli troops allowed to murder innocnet palestinian three and seven year old sisters in front of their pleading grandmother and not be punished for it because no one else in the world really gives a shit?

When jesus or god or allah can tell me that, I'll put aside my pretences and follow him.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Apr 27 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #10

/人◕‿‿◕人\

QUOTE(illriginal @ Apr 27 2009, 11:24 AM) *
lol... you're kidding right? Just because the Bible has been perverted over the centuries DEFINITELY does not mean that the Qur'an and the Torah have been. Unless of course you have some proof. I beg for that proof. In fact, if you can prove that the Qur'an itself has been tainted, I'll become an atheist right now. wink.gif

That's a hell of a bet you've got going there.

Corruption is everywhere. It fills everything, including the Bible, Qur'an, and the Torah. And it doesn't stop there. It never stops.

illriginal
post Apr 27 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Buttsex @ Apr 27 2009, 03:42 PM) *
That's a hell of a bet you've got going there.

Corruption is everywhere. It fills everything, including the Bible, Qur'an, and the Torah. And it doesn't stop there. It never stops.

People who mistranslated 1 word in the Qur'an were beheaded. The Qur'an was reviewed by thousands upon thousands of Scholars. There's not one mistranslation in the Qur'an. In fact, if you read the Qur'an in Arabic... it's like reading an on going poem. It is beautifully flawless as you can sing the Qur'an. In fact the Qur'an is so poetic that it can easily be memorized. I've already memorized about 70% of the Qur'an. And plus there's too much science in the Qur'an for me to think it is not the Word of God :)

heyo-captain-jac...
post Apr 27 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #12

/人◕‿‿◕人\

That sounds like corruption to me.

illriginal
post Apr 27 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #13

How... corruption killed corruption? No... anyways, prove the Qur'an wrong.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Apr 27 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #14

/人◕‿‿◕人\

No, not corruption killed corruption.

"People who mistranslated 1 word in the Qur'an were beheaded."

Does that sound like anything humans should do?

illriginal
post Apr 27 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #15

Yes. It is mandatory. To have the balls to pervert the Word of God is not worth living as those perverted words can ruin the purity of generations to come. They deserve centuries worth of punishment. Beheading is too kind.

Superase
post Apr 27 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #16

Candy & Cookie Tester

QUOTE(illriginal @ Apr 27 2009, 12:24 PM) *

Ok well when the last prophet left, Muhammad, he did not leave the Quran written, but by word of mouth. And everyone knows that when things are only spoken that they will get messed up. It wasn't till quite a bit later that some MEN sat down and tried to piece together what they believe to be real. Just by that, that will question anyone's faith.

illriginal
post Apr 27 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Superase @ Apr 27 2009, 05:31 PM) *
Ok well when the last prophet left, Muhammad, he did not leave the Quran written, but by word of mouth. And everyone knows that when things are only spoken that they will get messed up. It wasn't till quite a bit later that some MEN sat down and tried to piece together what they believe to be real. Just by that, that will question anyone's faith.

No... they did not TRY to piece it together lol... it is like a poem. How can you change the wordage of a poem without making the poem seem distorted in any way?... happy.gif

One mistranslated word would easily break the poem or the chain of words which creates the poem. In fact right now if you handed a Muslim scholar a Qur'an with just 1 word replaced by another, he could easily tell without looking at another Qur'an because it won't make sense. Everything in the Qur'an is on a mathematical level.

Superase
post Apr 28 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #18

Candy & Cookie Tester

QUOTE(illriginal @ Apr 27 2009, 06:01 PM) *
No... they did not TRY to piece it together lol... it is like a poem. How can you change the wordage of a poem without making the poem seem distorted in any way?... happy.gif
One mistranslated word would easily break the poem or the chain of words which creates the poem. In fact right now if you handed a Muslim scholar a Qur'an with just 1 word replaced by another, he could easily tell without looking at another Qur'an because it won't make sense. Everything in the Qur'an is on a mathematical level.

If you're looking at these holy books in a Poetic way then, a poem can mean one thing to one person and another to one. Any historial can simply tell you that no one is sure about whether the three main holy books are correct or not.
I guess what i'm trying to say that as simple human beings that we will never know what is truely Gods words maybe we find out when we die or something. Religion is one thing that no one will ever agree on.

illriginal
post Apr 28 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(Superase @ Apr 28 2009, 08:08 AM) *
If you're looking at these holy books in a Poetic way then, a poem can mean one thing to one person and another to one. Any historial can simply tell you that no one is sure about whether the three main holy books are correct or not.
I guess what i'm trying to say that as simple human beings that we will never know what is truely Gods words maybe we find out when we die or something. Religion is one thing that no one will ever agree on.

Thus is why the Qur'an has a partner. It's called, the Hadiths. lol

Just like the Torah has the Talmud.

Like I've mentioned before, take the Qur'an challenge. wink.gif

And if it makes you feel all warm inside to believe no one will ever agree on Religion, that's ok. But fact of the matter, you're gonna have to deal with the fact that Christianity, Judaism, and Islam will NEVER be abolished. And it is strongly commanded by God to unite and kill all non-believers who attempt to threaten our right to exist. laugh.gif

Superase
post Apr 29 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #20

Candy & Cookie Tester

QUOTE(illriginal @ Apr 28 2009, 12:57 PM) *
Thus is why the Qur'an has a partner. It's called, the Hadiths. lol

Just like the Torah has the Talmud.
Like I've mentioned before, take the Qur'an challenge. wink.gif
And if it makes you feel all warm inside to believe no one will ever agree on Religion, that's ok. But fact of the matter, you're gonna have to deal with the fact that Christianity, Judaism, and Islam will NEVER be abolished. And it is strongly commanded by God to unite and kill all non-believers who attempt to threaten our right to exist. laugh.gif

What quran challenge?
So its commanded by god to kill all his non-believers, i believe there is a god, i just don't think that you need an organized religion to do so. If we were supposed to kill everyone that didn't believe in him...that would be alot of people... blink.gif

illriginal
post Apr 29 2009, 05:22 PM
Post #21

QUOTE(Superase @ Apr 29 2009, 06:17 PM) *
What quran challenge?
So its commanded by god to kill all his non-believers,

Non-believers who threaten the existence of submitters or Christians, Muslims, and Jews.

As for the Qur'anic Challenge, you can start here: http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Miracle/

http://www.khilafah.com/index.php/concepts...urans-challenge

And if you're interested: http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/film.html

Even scientists and scholars have openly admitted that the Qur'an has to be the word of God as majority of the things learned in the Qur'an cannot have been through human intervention.

If you're courageous enough to take the challenge, let me know wink.gif

abrahamseed
post Jul 6 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #22

Member No: 736,161

My God is the God of Abraham, my church is Jesus Christ, Him crucified and risen.

The earth and everything in it is corrupt thanks to satan.

My God made it so easy to get to heaven that you don't have to memorize a book, and there is nothing you can do to earn it...it was freely given...through the blood of Christ.

The whole old testament pointed toward it, and the whole new testament points back to it...the death and resurrection of Christ...and because He lives...we live.

My God made it that easy because human beings would never be able to stand in His presence without the blood of Jesus washing over them, and we certainly would never make it on our own....don't try so hard to complicate it....He made it easy because He wanted us all to be able to make it.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Jul 7 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #23

/人◕‿‿◕人\

QUOTE(illriginal @ Apr 27 2009, 01:57 PM) *
Yes. It is mandatory. To have the balls to pervert the Word of God is not worth living as those perverted words can ruin the purity of generations to come. They deserve centuries worth of punishment. Beheading is too kind.

You're f*cking barbaric.

QUOTE(illriginal @ Apr 29 2009, 04:22 PM) *
If you're courageous enough to take the challenge, let me know wink.gif

Nobody is taking it. Nobody cares.

-DressYourEyelid...
post Jul 8 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #24

Member No: 727,246

i guess illriginal wouldn't approve that i'm a practicing pagan...

religion is man made. everything man makes or touches is flawed in some way. in that sense, i view every religion as wrong, but i'm not going to judge anyone for their practices and beliefs, nor am i going to view my religion as superior. no one will ever know which religion is closest to being right. if there is a "loving" god out there, i have a hard time believing he'll punish people because of the religion they chose to practice or grew up with.

this was kinda a silly question, actually. there's no right answer.

Uronacid
post Jul 8 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #25

Member No: 555,438

QUOTE(-DressYourEyelids- @ Jul 8 2009, 08:18 AM) *
this was nor am i going to view my religion as superior.

In this sentence you imply that you believe in a religion. If you believe in a religion then there is a "right" answer. Your own. If you believe your religion is not superior, is "wrong", and is man made then why do you practice it at all? Just food for thought.

Anyway, I'm a Christian. I believe my religion is "right". Why? For various reasons, but ultimately because I believe in it. I don't try and convince people to become a christian. Religion isn't a product and doesn't need to be sold. It's something that people need to discover on their own.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: