Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Best State to Live In
simplyytricia
post Jul 25 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #176

Group: Member
Member No: 666,473

I think that California is the best state to live in because the weather is pretty great. It doesn't get too hot and it also doesn't get too cold.

iROCKYOURSOCKS
post Jul 25 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #177

<(- -)><(- - <)(>- -)><(- - )>

Member No: 400,609

California. thumbsup.gif

ley
post Jul 25 2008, 11:57 PM
Post #178

Ley <3

Member No: 664,894

No contest hands down the best state is TEXAS...born and raised may have alot to do with my love for this state.
--->Cultural diversity..umm yeah tons of it
tho i must say not at all segregated as many cali cities
--->i agree...weather rocks here! sorry but i like the seasons... u know hott in the summer and snow in the winter..but thats just me
--->My parents are immigrants...must i remind yall that texas borders mexico?? We have alot of immigrants here hard workin honest folk lol
--->Who needs the beach when the lakes half an hour away and the river is even closer...two words off road!
--->the stars at night are big and bright....u know
--->chopped n screwed...ohh yeah all texas baby!
--->We have a governer that can speak english and all of the world hasn't seen with his shirt off!
--->Our Education system is great! TAKS yeah that means u cant get by with not knowing ur shit lol...and just cuz we talk all country n say yall, fixin, pretty, n drop our g's..doesnt mean were dumb they're words they dont own us lol
--->Cowboys!!! enough said.

shoryuken
post Jul 26 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #179

Group: Official Member
Member No: 585,858

QUOTE(leyvacu @ Jul 26 2008, 12:57 AM) *
No contest hands down the best state is TEXAS...born and raised may have alot to do with my love for this state.
--->i agree...weather rocks here! sorry but i like the seasons... u know hott in the summer and snow in the winter..but thats just me--->My parents are immigrants...must i remind yall that texas borders mexico?? We have alot of immigrants here hard workin honest folk lol--->Who needs the beach when the lakes half an hour away and the river is even closer...two words off road!
--->We have a governer that can speak english and all of the world hasn't seen with his shirt off!
--->Our Education system is great! TAKS yeah that means u cant get by with not knowing ur shit lol...and just cuz we talk all country n say yall, fixin, pretty, n drop our g's..doesnt mean were dumb they're words they dont own us lol

loool.gif loool.gif loool.gif... princc thank u needaa jumpp bakk daa borrdurr.. HAHAHAHAHAHA loool.gif

Tung
post Sep 14 2008, 02:14 AM
Post #180

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 65,593

Hahahahahaha. With all these hurricanes in Texas. Looks like California wins over Texas. victory.gif

Blyat
post Sep 14 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #181

Member No: 667,832

Michigan is no doubt the most beautiful place to live that has climate changes

but i must say cali for that exact reason

whoahitznikki
post Sep 14 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #182

Member No: 559,093

CALIFORNIAAA. like, seriously.. i cant imagine living anywhere else.

Tung
post Sep 14 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #183

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Member No: 65,593

California. It's actually never too hot or too cold. Because of the breeze coming from the coast. I would say the Bay Area is the best weather in all of California. It never gets under 50 degrees, or over 95 degrees. Hence never too hot or too cold.

karmakiller
post Sep 14 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #184

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

The closest to California I've been is Oregon, haha. But I might go visit my brother in San Diego, we'll see.

paolabear20
post Sep 14 2008, 05:52 PM
Post #185

[pandemonium] :3

Group: Human
Member No: 671,107

california beats all of your sucker states!
the only one that comes close in New York.

But other wise CALIFORNIA IS WHERE IT'S AT!

technicolour
post Sep 14 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #186

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Member No: 115,987

But one day California will separate from the USofA and go floating in the ocean. In Texas, of course, we know that this will never happen because Oklahoma sucks.

:D

I like Texas. Sure it's hot, but still. It's pretty cool.

*cakedout*
post Sep 15 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #187

QUOTE(technicolour @ Sep 14 2008, 09:11 PM) *
But one day California will separate from the USofA and go floating in the ocean.

Thats what we are hoping for.

Castaway
post Oct 29 2008, 03:30 AM
Post #188

Member No: 526,723

I haven't lived in any other states to judge them but..
I think California is the best.
Great weather
Famous people
Good schools/College system/UC Berkeley/Stanford
Very diverse
Beaches/mountains/etc
Two of the well known cities in the world- San Francisco and Los Angeles
Big state
A lot of olympians grew up here and/or trained here (I think)
Very high Minimum wage-8 bucks (But the cost of living is high also)

California is in debt right now.. Enron *ahem* Texas. hahaha stubborn.gif

dosomethin888
post Oct 29 2008, 04:46 AM
Post #189

Member No: 663,413

I live in NM, which is by far not the best state. I dont know much else cause I havent traveled much. But NM is beautiful, I think everyone should get a chance to see it.

shanaynay
post Oct 29 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #190

Has a PhD in horribleness

Member No: 686,301

Michigan is prettty awesome, if it wasn't for our crappy economy it would be perfect.

RoyalSwagger
post Jun 11 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #191

Made In California

Member No: 521,311

CA is great for it weather blah blah so many other places are too! I live in CA and Im lucky to have everything I want and need... but people come here for opportunity and job placement or to make it in the industry... CA is supposed to be the "golden state" yet housing is ridiculous compared to other states... its so HIGH here! and when the economy fails we get hit the hardest! Our prices are marked up twice as much compared to any where else... CA is in a HUGE debt and always will be. We have the highest rate of homes in foreclosure.

If you want to raise a family you should know: we have the WORST education system in the US. even our colleges are looked at as jokes by other state colleges. Our city's have such high crime rates. WE have so many damn immigrants (nothing against immigrants)... I think it's great if you come here to our country to start a new life (legally). I can go on all day... yes we have a great minimum wage... if you want to live pay check to paycheck!!!

I love ca and Im happy with the life I have... I just want people to be aware it isn't some fantasy state...

I think any other state is great to live in... in suburban area and work in the city... hmmmmm

ley
post Jun 20 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #192

Ley <3

Member No: 664,894

QUOTE(leyvacu @ Jul 25 2008, 11:57 PM) *
--->i agree...weather rocks here! sorry but i like the seasons... u know hott in the summer and snow in the winter..but thats just me
--->My parents are immigrants...must i remind yall that texas borders mexico?? We have alot of immigrants here hard workin honest folk lol
--->Who needs the beach when the lakes half an hour away and the river is even closer...two words off road!

No wonder this sounded familiar. I read through most of the thread before i saw this. No way i posted this ohmy.gif. If i don't remember it didn't happen.

gojira
post Jun 20 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #193

◕ ◡ ◕

Member No: 416,697

Howdy

Mikeplyts
post Jun 20 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #194

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

QUOTE(ley @ Jun 20 2009, 03:40 PM) *
No wonder this sounded familiar. I read through most of the thread before i saw this. No way i posted this ohmy.gif. If i don't remember it didn't happen.

LOL.

Maccabee
post Jun 20 2009, 05:22 PM
Post #195

Member No: 593,382

Texas, because you can get the most house for your money, and the it is one of the only places that the economy has barely effected it, it can support itself so well that it has thought about becoming a seperate country. And guys, put balls on the back of their trucks. lol

Mikeplyts
post Jun 20 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #196

QUOTE(jcp @ Jun 20 2009, 06:22 PM) *
Texas, because you can get the most house for your money, and the it is one of the only places that the economy has barely effected it, it can support itself so well that it has thought about becoming a seperate country. And guys, put balls on the back of their trucks. lol

mellow.gif explain?

Maccabee
post Jun 20 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #197

Member No: 593,382

Which part?

edit: ill explain them both.

I am not sure why, but the best part of texas in my opinion is Dallas, and we live 40 minutes away from dallas, and 20 from southlake where my parents jobs are. We have the grapevine like, and it is a great place to live, and the houses have the lowest dollar per square foot rate then anywhere else. That is a good thing.

And we are currently moving, an the price of our house barely moved at all during the economy crisis. It didnt appreciate but it didnt go down, and no other houses near us have either.

Recently the governor or soemthign of texas announce that texas was thinking about secceding from the us. Everyone knows we wont but we just wanted to show off and say that we could if we wanted to to.

^truck balls. Only texans use them. biggrin.gif

Mikeplyts
post Jun 20 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #198

QUOTE(jcp @ Jun 20 2009, 06:25 PM) *
Which part?

edit: ill explain them both.

I am not sure why, but the best part of texas in my opinion is Dallas, and we live 40 minutes away from dallas, and 20 from southlake where my parents jobs are. We have the grapevine like, and it is a great place to live, and the houses have the lowest dollar per square foot rate then anywhere else. That is a good thing.

And we are currently moving, an the price of our house barely moved at all during the economy crisis. It didnt appreciate but it didnt go down, and no other houses near us have either.

Recently the governor or soemthign of texas announce that texas was thinking about secceding from the us. Everyone knows we wont but we just wanted to show off and say that we could if we wanted to to.

http://www.bulls-balls.com/large/bbbrass.jpg

^truck balls. Only texans use them. biggrin.gif

aight, I understand the economy part, but I'm not entirely sure about those truck balls. _unsure.gif Exactly why would someone even want balls on their trucks?

mifff
post Jun 23 2009, 05:36 AM
Post #199

fughdf

Member No: 732,071

Hawaii

aroha

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: