2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Word ''Love''
Shahin
post Jul 30 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 135,526

Aight then, there is probably a topic on this, but I checked and there was 16 pages so $&% that. Feel free to close this if there is.

I've noticed that a lot of people my age (16+) throw around the word love alot. Now I don't have a problem with it if they have been going out with there ppl for a while, but it pisses me the $%$^ off when people have been going out for like a week and bam! they start droppin the L bomb.

I've only said ''I love you'' to two of my girlfriends in my life, one of them, I admit was to a girl I was going out with in 7th grade and I'll be damned if I meant it. I was young(er) and stupid(er). Even the girl I lost my viriginty to, love her? Naw. First kiss? Naw.

I don't know what love is. I've never felt it before...I think. This girl I'm going out with now is just crazy/amazing. She's a good girl too biggrin.gif . I never get tired of her, and I never can stay mad at her. She's smart, and good..and beautiful and nice and everything good. I know damn well this ain't lust because this girl wants to take it slooooooooooooooooooooooow, believe me _dry.gif . But the cool thing is that don't even bother me :D. Last night she told me she loved me and gave me the whole ''people throw that word around way too much'' argument thingy, and I said it back. It made her real happy and it made me real happy.

Love is a strong word, and I think it shouldn't be thrown around as easily as it is nowadays. What yal think? Have any of you told a girl or guy you loved em and didn't mean it? Meant it? How'd ya feel? Anything.

Again, close this if it's been done :X.

*jeanna*
post Jul 31 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #2

"Even the girl I lost my viriginty to, love her? Naw."
well that is just horrible, and sad.

Shahin
post Jul 31 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(jeanna @ Jul 30 2005, 9:00 PM)

Nah, it really ain't.

lit0chinagirl
post Jul 31 2005, 12:38 AM
Post #4

Member No: 144,979

yup, i feel the same way. i waited awhile-- a few months before i said "i love you" to my boyfriend. it felt wrong for me to say that after only being with him for a few weeks. i needed time to make sure that i really did love him. i wouldn't want to say something that i didn't mean- now would i? nope. it's like that phrase, "say what you mean and mean what you say."

visualfusion
post Jul 31 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #5

Member No: 7,274

QUOTE(jeanna @ Jul 30 2005, 9:00 PM)

Its not sad... Disappointing.. maybe, but not sad

Love is whatever you make of it. Maybe the couple likes... eatting flies... and they're together for that soul reason... they might call that love. We'll never know, and I don't really plan to search for a meaning. rolleyes.gif

redpeony
post Jul 31 2005, 03:20 AM
Post #6

Member No: 17,767

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

Maybe it's a heard-it-all-before by now, but that is the definition of love that I live my life by, and until I find that, I can securely say that I have never found love. I don't just want to throw the word around carelessly, if in truth I just can't find the words to describe how I feel for a person.

ps. I started a topic like this over a year agooooo

topsyturvy
post Jul 31 2005, 08:54 AM
Post #7

naïvety

Group: Human
Member No: 488

^ That's from the bible, right? blink.gif

But the cool thing is that don't even bother me :D.

Congrats, bro. Sounds like true love. _smile.gif

To this day, i still regret saying my first "i love you" to the wrong person. The minute those three words came out my mouth, i knew i'd wasted them. *sighs*

shortiiex
post Jul 31 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #8

Group: Official Member
Member No: 52,702

i think when people say love they mean..i happy i'm with you
when people are actually in love they mean i want to be with you forever

silver-rain
post Jul 31 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #9

hi. call me linda.

Member No: 3,475

I agree, people tend to throw around the words "I love you" a lot. I never said it to my first boyfriend because I don't believe that I did love him, and when he said it to me, it made me feel uneasy? or something. But with my current boyfriend, I can say it easily because I do feel that I am in love with him. And I agree with Shortiiex that when people are in love, they want to be together forever, which is how I feel about my current boyfriend.

maia_dc
post Jul 31 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #10

it's our chemistry

Member No: 21,775

I say "I love you" to my friends and people who do favors for me, but when I'm serious, I don't say it unless I mean it.

Angel_Cece
post Jul 31 2005, 12:26 PM
Post #11

¢¾ Wanting it. ¢¾

Member No: 39,234

^^ yeah i agree. i don't say "i love you" when i dont mean it 7 i dont take "i love you" from others because i know most of the times they dont mean it

Hiphop d[-_-]b
post Jul 31 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #12

Bay Area YadadaDiiiig.

Member No: 103,202

QUOTE(maia_dc @ Jul 31 2005, 10:11 AM)
I say "I love you" to my friends and people who do favors for me, but when I'm serious, I don't say it unless I mean it.

same.
love in a relationship is different from love in a friendly way.

pinayprincess
post Jul 31 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #13

Member No: 81,808

lmao... yeah i get what you mean... well it kind of depends... i thought i was in love when i had my first boyfriend -- c'mon, my first bf... it was all fake&lies... i must of been a fool to be in love then... now im with someone else... sometimes people dont realize where they're going after the say "the L word"... it COULD end up good, or it could end up as an advantage

technicolour
post Jul 31 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #14

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 115,987

Love is an extremely powerful word that is taken for granit [sp?], used and abused everyday in the warped world of High School.

Chii
post Jul 31 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #15

dakishimetainoni...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 75,318

QUOTE(jeanna @ Jul 31 2005, 1:00 AM)

yes that is horrible, she probably loved you and that's why she lost it to you. stubborn.gif

i've only said "i love you" to two people too...most people don't know what love is, they feel that they're obligated to say it when they're in a relationship.

lKVNiiKINKYl
post Jul 31 2005, 09:15 PM
Post #16

CHYEAAHHH MAN

Member No: 168,013

i know its so freaking annoying! first day "i love you" such a turn off -_-

elaboratedream
post Jul 31 2005, 09:16 PM
Post #17

straight as a rainbow and twice as colorful

Member No: 112,415

my friends and I use the word "love" or "luv" a lot and don't mean it like bf/gf kinda love (or gf/gf or bf/bf if you want to be all politically correct... lol) We mean like friendship kinda love.

Shahin
post Jul 31 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(chii @ Jul 31 2005, 6:13 PM)
yes that is horrible, she probably loved you and that's why she lost it to you. stubborn.gif

i've only said "i love you" to two people too...most people don't know what love is, they feel that they're obligated to say it when they're in a relationship.

Well, that's life.

i know its so freaking annoying! first day "i love you" such a turn off -_-

Just makes ya want to smack em doesn't it? :P

my friends and I use the word "love" or "luv" a lot and don't mean it like bf/gf kinda love (or gf/gf or bf/bf if you want to be all politically correct... lol) We mean like friendship kinda love.

I know what ya mean. My friends and I don't say it too each other though, what with us being all manly like that hahah. Jus playin, but yeah we don't say it much..must be a girl thing :P

Edit

Congrats, bro. Sounds like true love. 

Thank you :). That's what it seems like too.

Shana_Kru
post Jul 31 2005, 10:16 PM
Post #19

Member No: 142,578

QUOTE(chii @ Jul 31 2005, 9:13 PM)
[color=#ff66cc][size=1][font=tahoma]yes that is horrible, she probably loved you and that's why she lost it to you. stubborn.gif

You dont know that so u cant say that...majority of ppl havin sex our day dont base it on love ppl dont have sex these days to show there love they do it cos its the sh*t.... dont snap at me im nt tlkin bout every1 but more than ur average do

Shahin
post Jul 31 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #20

^ Fasho.

5ayuri
post Jul 31 2005, 10:39 PM
Post #21

Too slow.

Member No: 108,320

I hate that too!
"We have been going out for like 5 days!! I love him!"
Ughghg
Yeah I wouldn't use the word love, unless I really meant it.

Shana_Kru
post Jul 31 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #22

Member No: 142,578

theres a diffrence Like Ohh My GoD LoVe Him! *with over excited face* its just being happy and really liking sum1 its kinda the silent random i think i love hims *maybe with a slight tear* are the ones wen ppl r 4 real...but if sum1 seriously loved sum1 thay wudnt needa tell the world....

HoodieObsessed
post Jul 31 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #23

^-^

Member No: 107,668

QUOTE(Shortiiex @ Jul 31 2005, 8:39 AM)
i think when people say love they mean..i happy i'm with you
when people are actually in love they mean i want to be with you forever

I agree

And I also agree that too many ppl throw it around. I don't like anyone telling me they love me unless they really really mean it. Otherwise it's fake, and it feels very...wrong. I havn't told a bf Iv'e loved him yet, and I'm glad, because really, I havn't.

Paradox of Life
post Aug 1 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #24

My name's Katt. Nice to meet you!

Member No: 93,674

You don't have to manually search through every single page. Just put in some keyword like love strong. And this topic's already been made.

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...opic=87360&st=0

This is such a cute topic though. tongue.gif pinch.gif

DizzyDucky09
post Aug 1 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #25

Para ti...

Member No: 139,983

i agree
i throwing around the phrase "I love you" takes away the meaning from when you actually mean it.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: