2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Puppies turned into drug mules
*mona lisa*
post Feb 2 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #1

Thursday, February 02, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) - Colombian drug dealers turned puppies into couriers by surgically implanting them with packets of heroin, federal authorities said Wednesday.

Investigators believe the ring used the dogs, as well as human drug swallowers, to conceal millions of dollars in liquid heroin on commercial flights into New York City for distribution on the East Coast.

Ten puppies, including Labrador retrievers, were rescued during a 2005 raid on a farm in Colombia, the Drug Enforcement Administration said, while announcing more than 30 arrests.

A veterinarian had stitched a total of three kilograms of heroin into the bellies of six pups. Three later died from infections after the drugs were removed.

It was unclear how many dogs were used in the overall scheme, and investigators do not know their fate after they arrived on U.S. soil, said John Gilbride, head of the DEA's New York office.

"I think it's outrageous and heinous that they'd use small, innocent puppies in this way," he said.

Besides the pups and human swallowers, authorities said the ring based in Medellin also concealed drugs in body creams, aerosol cans, and the linings of purses and luggage.

Recent raids in Colombia resulted in more than 20 arrests; another 10 suspects were in custody in New York, Florida and North Carolina. About 24 kilograms of heroin was seized, officials said.

Article taken from here.

-------------------------------------------------------
I can't believe people can be so heartless to use innocent animals. A veterinarian did this too. mad.gif

voguelove
post Feb 2 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #2

i'm maggie =]

Group: Member
Member No: 361,616

people are f**king bastards. the end.

DaTru KataLYST
post Feb 2 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #3

白人看不懂 !!!!

Member No: 40,824

omahgawd how can you use puppies?!?!?!

=[

Tribal J_Rome
post Feb 2 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #4

wut wut in the butt?

Group: Human
Member No: 227,723

poor puppies :'[

Hiphop d[-_-]b
post Feb 2 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #5

Bay Area YadadaDiiiig.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 103,202

Oh Lord. Those poor puppies ):

People are sick.

krispy_kreme333
post Feb 2 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #6

Member No: 32,366

Awwww poor puppies.

BannanaQ
post Feb 2 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #7

Ako si Emmanuel

Member No: 361,936

I saw a movie like this once. A drug dealing mastermind put some bag full of coke into a doggie. I think he got the idea from that. What a dumbass

De112
post Feb 2 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #8

music messiah mastered money makin' mathematically

Member No: 112,886

that's messed up. people are dumb. let's put grenades in the drug dealers and see how they cope with that..

*stephinika*
post Feb 2 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #9

oh my god thats horrible and so ... wrong. cry.gif they shouldn't put anyone - humans or animals - up to that sort of thing.

*Blow_Don't_SUCK*
post Feb 2 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #10

It's amazing what people will do for drugs.

Levy2k6
post Feb 2 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #11

Word.

Member No: 34,673

i totally saw that on tv today, i was like... WTF? lol

AnnahhbeL
post Feb 2 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #12

=]

Member No: 156,614

i saw this in the newspaper today. how dare they. and why would a veteranarian do such a thing??!! bastards.
poor puppies! =(

Saeglopur
post Feb 2 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #13

Day's Nearly Over

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 45,183

QUOTE(Blow_Don't_SUCK @ Feb 2 2006, 9:23 PM)
It's amazing what people will do for drugs.

Yeah... I guess it gets to their brain and kind of has this mutated form of reality or something. stubborn.gif

Drugs f**k you up, no doubt.

*Programmer*
post Feb 2 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #14

SHIT! THERE GOES MY NEXT PAYDAY... laugh.gif

*Blow_Don't_SUCK*
post Feb 2 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Programmer @ Feb 2 2006, 9:58 PM)
SHIT! THERE GOES MY NEXT PAYDAY... laugh.gif

cry.gif

*chaneun*
post Feb 2 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #16

That makes me sad :(

Smoogrish
post Feb 2 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #17

Member No: 328,021

Ohmygod. Those poor puppies! Don't they even feel bad about just killing those three puppies to get drugs into the country?

People these days are so cruel.

sw33t_rouge
post Feb 2 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #18

oink

Member No: 41,836

society is getting more and more messed up.

sprezzatura
post Feb 2 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #19

Peggy.

Member No: 214,025

I feel sorry for the poor puppies. Gees, people these days.

aznxdreamer
post Feb 2 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #20

to hell with you

Member No: 16,506

yeah, i heard of that today. its so stupid. those people should be shot in the face.

EddieV
post Feb 2 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #21

cB Assassin

Member No: 7,672

I heard this on the AM news in the morning.

Just_Dream
post Feb 3 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #22

durian

Member No: 3,860

QUOTE(mona lisa @ Feb 2 2006, 4:12 PM)

----------------------------
I can't believe people can be so heartless to use innocent animals. A veterinarian did this too.  mad.gif

After reading the article, then reading your comment I was like ohmy.gif mad.gif WTH A VET PARTICIPATED IN THIS?! *shakes fist*

Poor puppies cry.gif Some died from an infection... How can a vet do that?! This furthers my views on illegal drugs mad.gif Don't they have any morals? We should care for puppies, not use them in such dangerous and evil ways.

This just goes to show what people will do for money, even if it is immoral.

BannanaQ
post Feb 3 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #23

Ako si Emmanuel

Member No: 361,936

I don't get it...how come people act like this when it comes to dogs or cats when they also eat meat...sorry if its offensive to any, I was just wondering...

*incoherent*
post Feb 3 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #24

i saw this on the local news. people are stupid. theyre going to be found out about anyways, so why attempt?

NoSex
post Feb 3 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #25

in the reverb chamber.

Member No: 300,308

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Feb 3 2006, 1:10 AM)
After reading the article, then reading your comment I was like ohmy.gif mad.gif WTH A VET PARTICIPATED IN THIS?! *shakes fist*

Poor puppies cry.gif Some died from an infection... How can a vet do that?! This furthers my views on illegal drugs mad.gif Don't they have any morals? We should care for puppies, not use them in such dangerous and evil ways.

This just goes to show what people will do for money, even if it is immoral.

Damn you're ignorant and naive.

1. This is nothing new. It's been going one for some time. Imagine what happens when a balloon of coke pops in your ass, not pretty. Dogs are alot better for these kind of operations as the human risk is too high and idiotic.
2. The vet did it for money, and probably a fix.
3. This furthers your views on illegal drugs? You have to be kidding me.

This is only happening because those drugs are illegal in the first place. We live in a supposed free country, if that is true, we should be free to put anything into our bodies so long as we are not harming anyone else. That is a basic right under a free country, or at least you would think.

When Prohibition became a reality, alcohol, a very deadly, and real mind-altering drug, became illegal. People still wanted their moonshine though, so take a wild guess as to what happened? A mob underground sprang up in nights to supply the public with their fix. A black market. Since the prohibition of alcohol was in full swing, the profits involved with producing and distributing your own cold ones were so high that the risks were irrelevant. Since a black market is inherently illegal, there is no way to solve bussiness disputes other than crime. So, homicide and crime rates rise. Innocent people, women, children, and the elderly are mowed down in turf wars. Bad booze sends people to the hospital, or worse, the grave. The imense profits involve lead to government and state corruption, now cops are even in on the game. Organized crime gets real organized and now they have enough money, from selling the goods, to become even more dangerous and exspansive.

Prohibition began in 1920, and ended in 1933. The effort was to decrease crime, prison population, crime, alcohol consumption. By the end of 1932, all of these things had increased far beyond their status before prohibition. It was an utter failure.

This is really no different then the War on Drugs.

Drug proliferation has increased, drug use has increased, the price of drugs has drasticly decreased (making it more available to more people, children too), prisons are being filled with non-violent drug offenders, billions and billions of dollars are being wasted by America on a war on its own people, the mob prices drugs and becomes organized by the extreme profits involved, and the entire reality of drugs is being masked by PSAs and bullshit health class scares. Might as well be watching Refer Madness.

Stop the War on Drugs. Legalize the poison. For real.

[Note: This is coming from a strictly abstinent individual. I have never had a single sip of alcohol, a drag on a cigarette, or any amount of illegal drugs. Heck, I don't even take asprin.]

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: