Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Illegal Immigration, is there anyone pro-amnesty?
kimmytree
post Jul 7 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #51

Kimberly

Group: Member
Member No: 121,599

^ How was I overreacting? I was just trying to get my point across. It's not like I was member bashing or cussing.

kimmytree
post Jul 7 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #52

Kimberly

^ Well, then excuse me for not being specific. rolleyes.gif
I meant that a large majority of African countries are worse off than Mexico. There are obviously exceptions, such as Morocco and South Africa... I just didnt feel like listing them all. I'm not talking about Aids - I'm talking about poverty, education, living conditions, government, etc.

Why are you bringing this up again? What, did I offend you or something?

*Mercy*
post Jul 7 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(Tamacracker @ Jul 7 2007, 10:15 PM) *
Naaah... not good enough. I need actual documentation. Ask your dad where online can you look up the info he's providing you with.

And sorry about the double post... I don't have the privilege to delete my own posts.

Hmm I belive members can edit posts though no?It dosnt matter anyway lol.

I havent spoken to my father since i told him i was engaged.So it will be a while before i can ask him for online info that he can provide you with. thumbsup.gif

Or better yet,Move to the county.Youll have a blast aniwink.gif

*Elba*
post Jul 7 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #54

If you can't really back up your statements, then why say it at all? Try google.

illriginal
post Jul 7 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #55

Group: Official Member
Member No: 455,274

QUOTE(Mercy @ Jul 7 2007, 11:15 PM) *
Hmm I belive members can edit posts though no?It dosnt matter anyway lol.

I havent spoken to my father since i told him i was engaged.So it will be a while before i can ask him for online info that he can provide you with. thumbsup.gif

Or better yet,Move to the county.Youll have a blast aniwink.gif

Well I've been to Mexico with my family numerous of times. Everyone seemed friendly there, socially speaking at least.

But then again, we speak Spanish. I don't plan on moving to Mexico though :)

I'll do a little research of my own when I have some free time. I know that in Australia if you're American, you have to pee many fees before even purchasing land there. and you have to pay what they tell you to pay. On top of that, they charge a lot more money for land when foreigners are interested. On top of that you cannot stay in their country for more than 6 months. If you do, you'll be imprisoned.

But I'll check it out myself about Mexico's laws.

*Flair*
post Jul 8 2007, 03:09 AM
Post #56

QUOTE(kimmytree @ Jul 8 2007, 01:29 AM) *
^ Well, then excuse me for not being specific. rolleyes.gif
I meant that a large majority of African countries are worse off than Mexico. There are obviously exceptions, such as Morocco and South Africa... I just didnt feel like listing them all. I'm not talking about Aids - I'm talking about poverty, education, living conditions, government, etc.

Why are you bringing this up again? What, did I offend you or something?

Are you kidding me? Mexico is way better than Morocco and South Africa when it comes to government, living conditions ... Besides, that's not the point, the fact that you're comparing ONE country to a continent is a little overboard.

We aren't offended, we're just letting you know and she isn't bringing it up again rather she's replying to your post.

Forget about it, shall we? I don't want to argue with you, I like you =)

kimmytree
post Jul 8 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #57

Kimberly

QUOTE(Flair @ Jul 8 2007, 04:09 AM) *
Are you kidding me? Mexico is way better than Morocco and South Africa when it comes to government, living conditions ... Besides, that's not the point, the fact that you're comparing ONE country to a continent is a little overboard.

We aren't offended, we're just letting you know and she isn't bringing it up again rather she's replying to your post.

Forget about it, shall we? I don't want to argue with you, I like you =)

You're probably right, they are just the ones that stick out in my mind as probably being the most well off in Africa. Once again I apologize for the confusement - I was in a hurry and didnt read what I said before posting it like I usually do.

But that was the second time she's brought it up in the same thread.

I hope so, It's not something I want to argue over either. I already stated in my last post that I made a mistake, and I corrected myself.

QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jul 7 2007, 10:12 PM) *
Nah, I just thought you should get your facts straight. Why are you catching an attitude? This is a debate--there is no reason to roll your eyes. I replied because I thought it was important. Same reason why anyone has replied in this thread. I'm not even gonna begin to tackle the misconceptions you stated as facts in your most recent post. I hate to play the moderator game here, but let's get back on topic. If you want to continue this, I am one personal message away.

I didnt have an attitude - I was amused that you were pointing all that out for the second time in the same thread. I saw what you first posted, so I didnt really see a need for you pointing the same thing out again. wink.gif

Oh, please do point them out. I still dont see what the big deal is - I corrected my mistake on comparing Africa to a country.

[sorry for the double post]

This post has been edited by Arjuna Capulong: Jul 8 2007, 11:53 AM

*Flair*
post Jul 8 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #58

hug.gif

kimmytree
post Jul 8 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #59

Kimberly

Yaaay! wave.gif

I've been extra cranky and irritable for the past few days for some reason. So maybe that's my problem. sad.gif

But to keep this from being just spam, I wonder what all our country would lose if we didnt give them amnesty, and made most of them leave? Besides the costs of produce and labor (like in the housing industry)?

mysticalazxn
post Jul 24 2007, 02:36 AM
Post #60

^ I might look scary but i'm the nicest person in cb!

Member No: 4,979

They all want to go to US. IF we open to everyone then US then who will live in other country? US then will be over populated. I'm 100% aganist illegal immigrant. Live in your own country and make it a better place. On the other hand I also symphatize for hte illegal immigrant because of poverty. There a lot of US born citizen get schooling and only get a diploma and work minimum wage. But the illegal immigrant they try very hard and raise their kid to become doctor etc. THAT IS WHY American complain about unemployment. I'm not saiding the state i just make above is 100% true but it is pretty dam is because through hardship human will push it over their limit. But i still don't support illegal immigrant no matter what. their should be a UN Universal punishment for them.

DON't you grant citizenship if your kid is born in US? I believe this is true. That is what illegal immigrant is aiming for.... SEX!

*Steven*
post Jul 24 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #61

Illegal immigrants are aiming for sex?

Also, whose complaining about unemployment? The U.S. unemployment is at a very good spot at the moment. Our inflation is doing decent as well. That's not to say that this won't change when the min wage (stupid law) is raised and all the employers are forced to pay their workers more and jack up their prices -.-

weed
post Jul 24 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #62

Hablamos Español.

Member No: 549,364

Well, i really agree with some of you. thumbsup.gif

The immigrant issue is really becoming a problem for the united states. hammer.gif

Hey, im all for you coming to this country to give your children and family members a better life, but only when you work hard for that life.

If your coming here to america to critisize the way we do things, go back to your country. Theres a reason you left and if you immigrated here then that must mean we (the united states) have got something your country lacks.

DO NOT come here to sit on your ass all day, get drunk and live off the government (i do know people who have done that) because thats what makes us LEGAL people hate you.

My family came here with very little and 6 people lived in a one bedroom apartment for 4 years. They all now own homes and have good jobs becase they worked like ANIMALS to get what they have.

Dont be a statistic. mellow.gif

*SayBloodyMary*
post Jul 24 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #63

QUOTE(N3RDYY @ Jul 24 2007, 02:46 PM) *
Well, i really agree with some of you. thumbsup.gif

The immigrant issue is really becoming a problem for the united states. hammer.gif

Hey, im all for you coming to this country to give your children and family members a better life, but only when you work hard for that life.

If your coming here to america to critisize the way we do things, go back to your country. Theres a reason you left and if you immigrated here then that must mean we (the united states) have got something your country lacks.

DO NOT come here to sit on your ass all day, get drunk and live off the government (i do know people who have done that) because thats what makes us LEGAL people hate you.

My family came here with very little and 6 people lived in a one bedroom apartment for 4 years. They all now own homes and have good jobs becase they worked like ANIMALS to get what they have.

Dont be a statistic. mellow.gif

That is ridiculous. Why on Earth should someone not be able to criticise a country simply because they are an immigrant?

Oh, and there are plenty of statistics about legal immigrants, or for that matter about 'natural' citizens. So that's a completely empty platitude.

Peanups
post Jul 24 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #64

Look Up.

Member No: 73,230

we had this debate a couple years ago.

I'd have to say, that i don't think that the people who are here illegally should be deported, but we should stop those who are trying to get in now, and have not succeeded (sp?) yet.

why?
1)
well what about those who to physical labor? Many illegals have these jobs and if we were to just kick them out, we would have over a million jobs vacant and growing as the years go by. that would be a serious problem
2)
couples that have established families in the United States to where their children were legally born here but the parents aren't. that would rip the family apart, because if they went back to their country, their children would then be illegal.

mellow.gif

weed
post Jul 24 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #65

Hablamos Español.

Member No: 549,364

QUOTE(SayBloodyMary @ Jul 24 2007, 11:17 AM) *
That is ridiculous. Why on Earth should someone not be able to criticise a country simply because they are an immigrant?

Oh, and there are plenty of statistics about legal immigrants, or for that matter about 'natural' citizens. So that's a completely empty platitude.

im simply saying, if your coming here to critisize, or "hate" then just go back to your country we dont really need the negativity.

radhikaeatsraman
post Aug 24 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #66

oooh yeah.

Member No: 376,533

I've been searching & searching, but I cannot find a topic in Debate pertaining to illegal immigration.

What do you think of illegal immigration/immigrants? How do you think we should solve the issue? Do you believe in deportation, amnesty, or an alternative? Why?

I personally believe that illegal immigrants should not come here, and we need to crack down on employers who hire them. Not just because it is against the law, but to protect illegal immigrants. Many of them are exploited & paid well below the minimum wage. Single illegals (meaning those without family in the US) should be deported. However, those with families should be handled more carefully. I support the passage of the DREAM Act for students who came here without the consent of their parents.

Also, illegal immigrants are a huge strain on our country financially. Although the vast majority are employed, the number of them earning money exceeds the number actually paying taxes. [1]

I think we should deport illegal immigrants, but it should be a carefully planned, gradual process. We should also make the immigration process speedier & more efficient for those wanting to come here legally. Waiting periods for families should be reduced, and skilled workers with families should be given priority in the immigration process. The quota system should also be reworked. By cracking down on employers who use illegal aliens & restructuring the legal immigration system, we can reduce the number of illegal immigrants overall.

Simba
post Aug 24 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #67

Photoartist

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 399,390

Though if a ton of them were deported, wouldn't they just turn right back around and try again (if they're homeland really is that bad)?

radhikaeatsraman
post Aug 24 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #68

oooh yeah.

Not if we crack down on employers giving them jobs. If there aren't any jobs available to them, then they won't come.

Simba
post Aug 24 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #69

Photoartist

Sounds like that'd take an amazing amount of effort; effort which could possibly be better put elsewhere at the time being, but hey.

I mean, it's not just professional employers (if that's what you meant) that can give these people something to do. Even just regular people passing by, say, Lowes or Home Depot pick these guys up and pay them (sometimes). Pretty much everyone could use/would like somebody to do something for them.

*Steven*
post Aug 24 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #70

Actually it wouldn't be a very big job if you slapped an enormous punishment on it, so enormous that the deterrence would be enough to discourage it big time.

Simba
post Aug 24 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #71

Photoartist

Oh, so take the Singapore-type approach to it. =P

HeroesAndVillian...
post Aug 24 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #72

Member No: 541,498

I believe in deportation. If they wanna come here so badly and make an "honest" pay, they'd do it legally like everyone else. People say they support amnesty or whatever but then they go and complain about the high amounts of unemployed Americans.

Dreamers
post Aug 25 2007, 09:27 AM
Post #73

Lose yourself and fly away, hide away for the day

Member No: 446,527

I think they need to learn some English and come over here legally. We'd do the same for them if we went to their homeland, right? _unsure.gif
We'd learn their native language or at least a little and go over there legally....

The illegals come over here and try and change the America that they want to be in. They try and change it to their standards. WTF?
Why want to come here in the first place if it isn't good enough for them as it is? They need to just leave America alone or conform to the law and come legally with an English vocabulary.

kimmytree
post Aug 25 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #74

Kimberly

There's already a topic on this... huh.gif

radhikaeatsraman
post Aug 25 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #75

oooh yeah.

Ah, okay. I couldn't find it for some reason though. Can you merge the two topics, Steve?
------------------
Back on topic.
The reason we secretly love illegal immigrants is because they keep prices & the cost of living down. If we deported them or gave them a path to amnesty, employers would be forced to raise their wages, meaning that Americans would generally have to pay more. I still think illegal immigrants should be deported, but that we should not fault illegal or American-born children for their parents' actions.

Again, I'm going to emphasize the need to improve our f'ed-up immigration system. We should go back to an Ellis Island-style system, where people are inspected & recieve their documents right on the spot. They don't receive any government services for 5 years, so it's sink or swim. After that, they receive a path to legal residency/citizenship, and there's no issue of whether or not they are legal.

And I disagree with just allowing skilled workers to come in. We obviously have an unskilled workforce willing to perform our jobs, but for now, we need to deport the illegals & rework our system. We need to allow more legal unskilled workers to come & we should give them the resources to help them learn English, American culture, etc. Because if we want cheap but legal labor, this is the way to do it.

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: